Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Where did it all go wrong?

Kevin Poole fact:

Kevin played for 9 clubs, guess who was the only club to pay a fee for him?

Yes!

You've guessed it, Leicester City FC £40k

Maybe that's where it started to go wrong :mellow:

No! yes he was a little short for a keeper but I remember him as a decent player, note Gav Ward, Muggleton, & Hoult are not in the line up!

Poole was never as good as the other 3 keepers i will give you but he played in a differant leauge for us and i was only about 9-10 when i remember him maybe my judement was not as sound as it is today but my list my rules :P

...where did it all go wrong?

MON left, Taylor arrived and the unlike most other clubs we never got the leadership behind the scenes that the modern game demands to be sucessful and to sustain that sucess.... it's all going to change though :thumbup::cool:

Poole was a first class keeper - if he hadn't had had such a good season in 94/95 we would have conceded more than 100 goals. Plus he dropped the player of the year award - legend

80 a 100 who's counting? We were still relegated :cry:

I do seem to remember a keeper dropping his player of the year award though! Was that Poole :unsure: Funny anyway :P

I believe the answer to the question "Where did it all go wrong?" was found a fair few months ago.

Sports Historians identified that the Roadmap To Success was temporarily handed over to Mrs.Taylor while her husband Peter intervened in a poker school bust-up on the team coach, just south of the Watford Gap.

As every fule kno ( © Molesworth 3b ), women can't read maps and this one was accidentally turned upside down.

Right then, let's get one thing straight, Kev Poole was bloody outstanding. No keeper could match his reflexes - outstanding servent to the club.

Less of his slating.

I will say that clubs the size of Leicester are always going to be yo yo clubs as there is only one thing that defines them into a good side - the manager. We had O'Neill who is a 'special one' without someone like this, we'll always struggle.

We don't have the impact in the transfer market that other clubs can have as our attendences are poor.

Bolton are another example of this and Charlton. Allardyce and Curbs are outstanding managers, without them they're both Championship sides (as Charlton are showing).

Archived