Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Where did it all go wrong?

Right then, let's get one thing straight, Kev Poole was bloody outstanding. No keeper could match his reflexes - outstanding servent to the club.

Less of his slating.

I will say that clubs the size of Leicester are always going to be yo yo clubs as there is only one thing that defines them into a good side - the manager. We had O'Neill who is a 'special one' without someone like this, we'll always struggle.

We don't have the impact in the transfer market that other clubs can have as our attendences are poor.

Bolton are another example of this and Charlton. Allardyce and Curbs are outstanding managers, without them they're both Championship sides (as Charlton are showing).

:thumbup:

where did it all go RIGHT? = O'Neill

where did it all go WRONG? = O'neill left

it all stemmed from that Wycombe match.

I`ll always blame the whores in La Manga who went for a quick buck but wanted a quick f*** and ended up fudging the lot of us! Micky Adams can be added to the list along with Bertie Bassett, Jez Moxey who persuaded Taylor to buy Akinbuyi and Ray Essendoh who scored the goal for Wycombe.

Whatever has happened since then is a blur :D

I love lists - always controversial.

For the record, I rated Kevin Poole but Mark Robins (by anyone's standards) was rubbish.

David Speedie was memorable for being a player we hated before he signed for us, but I think the fans grudgingly accepted he could be a good signing so we did not really get on his back. Scored an important goal (play-off semi v Tranmere, I think) but I only really remember he was injured a lot while with us. I wouldn't put him in my list of great Leicester players.

For the record, I rated Kevin Poole but Mark Robins (by anyone's standards) was rubbish.

David Speedie was memorable for being a player we hated before he signed for us, but I think the fans grudgingly accepted he could be a good signing so we did not really get on his back. Scored an important goal (play-off semi v Tranmere, I think) but I only really remember he was injured a lot while with us. I wouldn't put him in my list of great Leicester players.

I did, still want the little basterd dead now.

No! yes he was a little short for a keeper but I remember him as a decent player, note Gav Ward, Muggleton, & Hoult are not in the line up!

Poole was never as good as the other 3 keepers i will give you but he played in a differant leauge for us and i was only about 9-10 when i remember him maybe my judement was not as sound as it is today but my list my rules :P

I understand that Russell Hoult has been branching out into acting recently....

:P

Its not a list of GREAT players! its a list and then its up to you to say where it went wrong as the title indicates!

Archived