Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Keep Kelly as a coach?

Keep Kelly as a coach?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Kelly as a coach?

• Yes
    • No

When / If MM brings his own man in do you think we should keep RK in a coaching role? All the player's like him and in the program Nils said he's the best coach he's ever worked under. I think he should stay on as a coach, he can give a new manager the insight too :thumbup:

god theres a new one every other week :|:/

just face it whats is the point of getting rid of kelly?

he knows the players better than any new manager would and it would take him 1 month to find there good bits and bad bits

yes - he seems the have the backing of all the players and might cause them to under perform or even protest when/if he is sacked. The headline in todays super goals: "I'll save you from the sack" "McAuley in Kelly vow"

So you've already said :whistle:

The new boss would probably want his own team in.

RK would return to football in due course. On his past record I'm sure plenty of clubs would be happy to have him in charge of their academy. One or two might even give him a job with their first team.

But he's shown during his time with us, both as a player and a manager, he doesn't quite have what it takes to succeed in the top flight.

This thread is pointless!!

Its worse than all my mistakes and drivel I’ve said before

:o He's right as well.

Thank you ;)

If you think it is pointless:

a. Don't post in it

b. Why are other's posting?

a) to make a point

b) Pitty

I've explained my views on keeping Kelly as manager until either he proves good enough/too bad to justify or until a genuinely better option becomes available.

But if he loses the managership then the new boss will want his own team around him.

I'd want to keep Beaglehole though. His achievements are without question or doubt. And so is his style of play.

It's just a pity there s absolutely no relationship between the way the Under 18's are taught and encouraged to play and the way the first team plays, apart from the zonal marking. Even the Academy's 4-4-2 is more often 2-4-4.

Clearly we should be teaching these youngsters boring, safety first, grab-one-and-pinch-one "win ugly" football from the start. So they are used to it and it's part of their psyche by the time they reach maturity. :whistle:

gettin rid of someone who has done the best job they possibly can isnt exactly fair, however he aint a good enough manager

i don't disagree, if you want rid pay him off, say thankyou and goodbye.

Archived