Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chandler

Mandy Speculation

He did have, however I seem to remeber him having quite a bit to say about Beckhams move to the U.S, and how it wouldn't work. The impression I get is that MM thinks football will never be big in the U.S

On this issue (if no other :rolleyes: ), you are spot on.

Mandy's had his fingers burnt before in US "soccer". I doubt he'll be anxious to repeat the experience any time soon.

In any case, he'll have his hands full dealing with his various European franchises (of which Leicester will be just one) for the foreseeable future.

On this issue (if no other :rolleyes: ), you are spot on.

Mandy's had his fingers burnt before in US "soccer". I doubt he'll be anxious to repeat the experience any time soon.

In any case, he'll have his hands full dealing with his various European franchises (of which Leicester will be just one) for the foreseeable future.

lol lol

Maybe you could follow my example and post something actually worth reading.

Will he, won't he? Let me refresh your memories about what Mandy is all about.

Mandy wants LCFC because it is the only club with a top flight infrastructure capable of making it and surviving in the Prem that is available for next to nothing. But the guaranteed new Sky deal of £30m + groundshare + property sales is all small screen to him. The big movie is the possibility of an MLS franchise.

Allow me a few seconds to gloat... who was it who FIRST told you that it was a cert that Becks would move to LA Galaxy long before the 'official' pen was put to paper? The UK media would have had us believe that this was a spur of the moment thing because Real wouldn't up his contract. Allow me a few more second to gufffaw...this deal was in the pipeline since - wait for it - 2003!

OK, let me indulge my ego a little more (and rub the noses of a few mods in their own poo for banning me and preventing me from telling you all this months ago). I also informed you that Malcolm Glazer came in for Man U with the specific intention of exporting the brand to the MLS and that I further stated that possibly as early as the 2008/9 season LA Galaxy would have a Manure makeover. The dull witted sceptic mods, of course, poo-pooed (go on, snort up all the brown bits on the carpet!) all this. But look at the evidence of the last six months:

1) Randy Lerner takes over the Vile.

2) Gillett and Hicks move in on the red Scouse shites (the reported £470 million offer is yet another example of media innumeracy - the hockey girls have barely put up a tenth of this figure to purchase around £170 million of the club's equity).

3) Three days ago Arsenal announce a tie up with Colarado Rapids

4) Yesterday Chelsea announced a tie up with DC United (there are rumours that Abramovitchs non appearance at recent matches maybe due to yet another Yank rather than any spat with 'the special one')

And there are going to be more US takeover's and tie ups over the next few months. Over time, English club brands will be exported to the US. Imperceptibly, the MLS will morph into the Premiership and American club 'soccer' will come to dominate both the US domestic sports scene generally (displacing NFL NBA. baseball, hockey etc) as well as world football in particular (the English Premiership will be a complete backwater by the middle of the century). This as much a political enterprise as it is economic. A graphic example of globalisation in action.

Where was I? Oh yes, MANDY. Word on the street has it he was very miffed that one or two LCFC shareholders were just a little bit miffed that they were expected to pay him to take their shares. He is now 'exploring' similar opportunities with one or two MLS chairmen I understand.

* Why did Capello pick Goldenballs against Real Sociedad? Because LA Galaxy told him to. After the initial rush, season ticket sales started to stall at the Home Depot Center as Becks' profile began to slip as all his bending took place behind closed doors (ironically it was his prospective employers who demanded that he should not kick another ball in anger for the Real cause just in case, putting it Biblically, he dashed his foot against a stone).

To their eternal shame Real caved in (no doubt salivating over the prospect of a few more Californian pre season exhibition matches) rather than insist that the Galaxy stump up the 'nominal' £5 million or so required to take the Hollywood want away (tis all true I'm afraid) off their hands.

It looks like you're short of support but, sadly, I think there's a great deal in what you say.

Soccer, as they call it, is already popular among women in America and you can see them wanting to get a slice of the action before Chinese money starts to be irresistible in the not-to-distant future.

Mandaric might be cautious but being US based he'll know what's going on and, like others, he's being well cagey with his money while positioning himself for the big bucks whichever way the future pans out..

I'm just amazed that people closer to home didn't have the foresight to get involved. I certainly tried to persuade one person, without any luck, but now it seems MM has the whole potential Christmas cake to himself.

And all we can do is take the ride and hope the driver knows where he's going and takes us safely to a land flowing with milk and honey and which the fans have found so irrisistible.

One thing is for sure. It should be more exciting than the shite we've had to put up with on the field these last few seasons, risky or not.

All points made are true but does it matter? Yes, it sounds like a bit of conspiracy theory but in the end of the day, his aim is too get Leicester in the Premiership again. And if he makes huge profits from it - good on you milan :cheers:

4) Yesterday Chelsea announced a tie up with DC United (there are rumours that Abramovitchs non appearance at recent matches maybe due to yet another Yank rather than any spat with 'the special one')

There is no DC Utd tie up with Chelsea.

The Arsenal - Colorado one is the same as their ties with Leveren etc

And there are going to be more US takeover's and tie ups over the next few months. Over time, English club brands will be exported to the US. Imperceptibly, the MLS will morph into the Premiership and American club 'soccer' will come to dominate both the US domestic sports scene generally (displacing NFL NBA. baseball, hockey etc) as well as world football in particular (the English Premiership will be a complete backwater by the middle of the century). This as much a political enterprise as it is economic. A graphic example of globalisation in action.

MLS displacing the NFL? Dumbest thing i have ever read. The only one they have a chance of displacing is the NHL and that would take a few years if not decades.

Where was I? Oh yes, MANDY. Word on the street has it he was very miffed that one or two LCFC shareholders were just a little bit miffed that they were expected to pay him to take their shares. He is now 'exploring' similar opportunities with one or two MLS chairmen I understand.

No such thing as an MLS chairman.

I hope he has deep pockets. The last MLS club sold went for $26 million. Due to the single entity structure of MLS, he would also be responsible for his share of the losses that all 13 teams sustain.

No MLS club is currently making a profit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5072801355.html

* Why did Capello pick Goldenballs against Real Sociedad? Because LA Galaxy told him to. After the initial rush, season ticket sales started to stall at the Home Depot Center as Becks' profile began to slip as all his bending took place behind closed doors (ironically it was his prospective employers who demanded that he should not kick another ball in anger for the Real cause just in case, putting it Biblically, he dashed his foot against a stone).

To their eternal shame Real caved in (no doubt salivating over the prospect of a few more Californian pre season exhibition matches) rather than insist that the Galaxy stump up the 'nominal' £5 million or so required to take the Hollywood want away (tis all true I'm afraid) off their hands.

Sorry, this is the dumbest thing i have ever read.

LA have already sold double the amount of their previous season ticket record.

Will he, won't he? Let me refresh your memories about what Mandy is all about.

Mandy wants LCFC because it is the only club with a top flight infrastructure capable of making it and surviving in the Prem that is available for next to nothing. But the guaranteed new Sky deal of £30m + groundshare + property sales is all small screen to him. The big movie is the possibility of an MLS franchise.

Allow me a few seconds to gloat... who was it who FIRST told you that it was a cert that Becks would move to LA Galaxy long before the 'official' pen was put to paper? The UK media would have had us believe that this was a spur of the moment thing because Real wouldn't up his contract. Allow me a few more second to gufffaw...this deal was in the pipeline since - wait for it - 2003!

OK, let me indulge my ego a little more (and rub the noses of a few mods in their own poo for banning me and preventing me from telling you all this months ago). I also informed you that Malcolm Glazer came in for Man U with the specific intention of exporting the brand to the MLS and that I further stated that possibly as early as the 2008/9 season LA Galaxy would have a Manure makeover. The dull witted sceptic mods, of course, poo-pooed (go on, snort up all the brown bits on the carpet!) all this. But look at the evidence of the last six months:

1) Randy Lerner takes over the Vile.

2) Gillett and Hicks move in on the red Scouse shites (the reported £470 million offer is yet another example of media innumeracy - the hockey girls have barely put up a tenth of this figure to purchase around £170 million of the club's equity).

Bit too long for me to digest im afraid

So, this conspiracy we're not to hear any details about is supposed to promote "soccer" in the United States within the next few decades.

I don't particularely oppose that concept. But, just to let you know, giving "soccer" a bigger slice of the pie meant that all other (more rooted and dominating) American Sports would have to give in.

Now, as the States are the primary example of capitalism, how on Earth do you see the current Basketball, Hockey, Baseball and American Football owners wanting to lose money - especially TV money and other rights - to "soccer"?

Although they have a HUGE market, the current franchise situation focuses on the few major cities. "Soccer" in NY, Los Angeles, Washington and Chicago is still not blossoming, despite a Major Sports League existing for over a decade now (correct?). The crowd situation is - to be frank - very poor. The competition in those hotspots is already very stiff and I doubt the market will devour "soccer" any better in the nearby future.

The best American "football" players have almost always entered a European league. The other way round has never really worked out properly (70ies and 80ies). Sure, Beckham will make a shitload of money and develop into a Hollywood icon thing, but "soccer" won't grow because of a few big names involved. And those rejects don't really get better with age, do they? Even Ronaldo has chosen to stay in Italy, where he has a shot at winning a bunch of prestigious trophies. Only a few players can hold their level when the 30ies have passed by. And even then, they're still reliant on other players' help and infrastructure.

The fact that more and more foreign investors take over football clubs is no secret to anyone only merely interested in economics: There is a market, there is a successful brand, an awful lot of faithful supporters, there's profit and that winning curve has growing tendencies. For some, it's about making more money than they already have, for others just pure pleasure. Some do know how to run a football club, others don't and will fail in the long term (like West Ham).

That's my own theory. Same given circumstances, but slightly different outcome.

I appreciate your interesting input Chandler, but no one (not even you) can claim to know what the world's going to look like in 50 years time - unless you come from the future directly. Which you don't.

People quoting about America, Hollywood and even being told that they dont come from the future?! I think we should make a film on all this stuff. I wonder if Michael J Fox is healthy enough to do some more acting?

I hope we are moved to Milton Keyens and renamed the LC Foxes. Its the only way forward! :D:thumbup:

People quoting about America, Hollywood and even being told that they dont come from the future?! I think we should make a film on all this stuff. I wonder if Michael J Fox is healthy enough to do some more acting?

I hope we are moved to Milton Keyens and renamed the LC Foxes. Its the only way forward! :D:thumbup:

I personally fancy a Musical called "The Leicester Story". ;)

If I was MM, I'd leave the US alone; very few Americans I know, follow the sport. Those who do, are all interested in the English premiership, not the MLS. I doubt many could name all the teams let alone who plays for them................

Archived