Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Reserves Friendly tomorrow afternoon

Just got in. The match finished 5-0 to Leicster with a hat trick from Cadermateri a penalty from Gradel and and own goal. We played fairly good throught at a high tempo. Gradel was our best player I think. Some great skill and determination to drive at the defenders who were fairly poor but still. Danny C scored 3 cracking goals and took all of them well. Glombard played right wing and showed alot of skill but no end product.

The team was.

Logan - 7

Stearman - 6

Magunda - 7

Kenton - 7

Sheehan - 7

Glombard - 7

Weso - 7

Dodds - 6

Gradel - 8

Cadermateri - 7

Hammond - 5

McKay came on later on and looked a good passer aswell :thumbup:

Nice to meet Jonbluefox9 aswell, top lad :thumbup:

I guess we can deduce from this that in Kelly's mind King is not that close to the first team (else he'd have played- btw was he on the bench Ched?) but Gradel, Magunda, Dodds and McKay might be...

Just got in. The match finished 5-0 to Leicster with a hat trick from Cadermateri a penalty from Gradel and and own goal. We played fairly good throught at a high tempo. Gradel was our best player I think. Some great skill and determination to drive at the defenders who were fairly poor but still. Danny C scored 3 cracking goals and took all of them well. Glombard played right wing and showed alot of skill but no end product.

Cool stuff!

Thanks for the report :thumbup:

I guess we can deduce from this that in Kelly's mind King is not that close to the first team (else he'd have played- btw was he on the bench Ched?) but Gradel, Magunda, Dodds and McKay might be...

McKay was the only sub on for Weso. Didn't really get a good luck at the bench but King and Chambers were training with the rest of the youth team.

Walked past Hume inside and he was saying that he will be fit for Saturday :P

McKay was the only sub on for Weso. Didn't really get a good luck at the bench but King and Chambers were training with the rest of the youth team.

Walked past Hume inside and he was saying that he will be fit for Saturday :P

Wahay- insider at the training ground!

Thanks a lot :thumbup:

No problem. Just as we pulled out Levi got picked up by his GF / Mum lol . And then saw Weso and Sheehan at the bus stop. :P

There have been sightings of Levi at the cinema with his GF (we were told).

A bit worrying that it is not clear which it was... :whistle:

The team was.

Logan - 7

Stearman - 6

Magunda - 7

Kenton - 7

Sheehan - 7

Glombard - 7

Weso - 7

Dodds - 6

Gradel - 8

Cadermateri - 7

Hammond - 5

McKay came on later on and looked a good passer aswell :thumbup:

Nice to meet Jonbluefox9 aswell, top lad :thumbup:

Nice to meet you too mate.

Only other thing I would add is that Gerry Taggart and Levi Porter were speaking to each other and it sounded like they were talking about Sheehan's fitness. Porter said he (I presume Sheehan) could do with having a month of complete rest to recover from his niggly injuries because he hasn't looked right for a long time.

Foxes Take On Cobblers

A number of Leicester City first team squad members took part in a behind closed doors training match against Northampton Town at Belvoir Drive today.

Conrad Logan, Richard Stearman, Darren Kenton, James Wesolowski, Danny Cadamarteri, Elvis Hammond plus recent signing Luigi Glombard all got a piece of the action on the day.

City boss Rob Kelly used the game to keep his side ticking over ahead of Saturday's important Championship clash against Coventry City at the Walkers Stadium.

For the record the game finished 5-0 in the favour of the Foxes, with goals from Danny Cadamarteri (3), Max Gradel and an OG.

Young reserve side have Leicester work out

0,,10425~3068690,00.jpg

A young Cobblers reserve side made the short trip north on Tuesday to take on a Leicester City reserve team in a behind closed doors friendly run out.

The home side included a number of first team squad members such as Conrad Logan, Richard Stearman, Darren Kenton, James Wesolowski, Danny Cadamarteri, Elvis Hammond plus recent signing Luigi Glombard.

For the record, the home side ran out 5-0 winners with Cadamarteri claiming a hat -trick.

"We had a mix between youth team scholars, young professionals and squad players," said Ian Sampson.

"Because of the injuries we also had a nunber of players playing out of position but we did very well in the first half, before Leicester showed their strength as the game went on, but those lads who played will have benefited from the run out

Nice to meet you too mate.

Only other thing I would add is that Gerry Taggart and Levi Porter were speaking to each other and it sounded like they were talking about Sheehan's fitness. Porter said he (I presume Sheehan) could do with having a month of complete rest to recover from his niggly injuries because he hasn't looked right for a long time.

How was Doddsy's fitness?. That must have been his first competitive game for ages. As for Sheehan, he has had niggles, but it's good to see him get a 7 in a 5-0 win. And the pointers on Cadamarteri and Gradel seemed encouraging too. No doubt there's one or two hoping their luck changes under the new regime, but we'll see.

How was Doddsy's fitness?. That must have been his first competitive game for ages. As for Sheehan, he has had niggles, but it's good to see him get a 7 in a 5-0 win. And the pointers on Cadamarteri and Gradel seemed encouraging too. No doubt there's one or two hoping their luck changes under the new regime, but we'll see.

Dodds ran around alot. Not alot came off for the lad but he worked hard. He did play centre midfield which was harsh on him it I thought. Did he used to play there. :dunno:

Dodds ran around alot. Not alot came off for the lad but he worked hard. He did play centre midfield which was harsh on him it I thought. Did he used to play there. :dunno:

I wondered why he didn't score!.

Interesting that some people renowed for favouring experience are now clamouring for DC to get a first team place but I don't recall the same calls for Dodds to be promoted when he scored a hat-trick recently. Funny world.

I also wonder why DC got the striker spot and Dodds apparently got shunted off into midfield? Why not half-each then switch, for instance? There may have been perfectly good reasons, I can even think of a few, but I'd sure love to know what the thinking was.

Interesting that some people renowed for favouring experience are now clamouring for DC to get a first team place but I don't recall the same calls for Dodds to be promoted when he scored a hat-trick recently. Funny world.

I also wonder why DC got the striker spot and Dodds apparently got shunted off into midfield? Why not half-each then switch, for instance? There may have been perfectly good reasons, I can even think of a few, but I'd sure love to know what the thinking was.

Cadamateri dropped deep half of the time leaving Elvis to do a fairly awful job on his own up front.

I was very impressed with Gradel, showed alot of pace skill and can really pack a good amount of power in his shot. Magunda at centre back even though he is faily skinny dealt with Quinn reasonably well.

Cadamateri dropped deep half of the time leaving Elvis to do a fairly awful job on his own up front.

I was very impressed with Gradel, showed alot of pace skill and can really pack a good amount of power in his shot. Magunda at centre back even though he is faily skinny dealt with Quinn reasonably well.

Encouraging about Magunda. Especially moving in from his usual right-back role. Well thought of I think and if he becomes more versatile it can only help.

Dodds has played as a midfielder in the past at different levels. I think he can do a better job there than Cadamarteri can. Playing in midfield didn't stop him getting in and around the box plenty, his finishing wasn't at his usual standard when he got in decent positions. He had Wesolowski sitting for him in the first half which allowed him to attack. Cadamarteri's finishing was good today. A lot of our players were hitting the ball straight at the 'keeper. One of Danny's goals was hit at the 'keeper too but it was able to get past.

Good to here that some of the first team understudies got a game. What a shame we havent a permanent reserve team to help develop the kids as they play with experienced pro`s like Cada. Talking of DC, I honestly cant see a future for him at the club as RK has gone backwards with him. One minute he comes off the bench and scores and after that he has gone into hiding.

Good to here that some of the first team understudies got a game. What a shame we havent a permanent reserve team to help develop the kids as they play with experienced pro`s like Cada. Talking of DC, I honestly cant see a future for him at the club as RK has gone backwards with him. One minute he comes off the bench and scores and after that he has gone into hiding.

I feel almost certain that we'll have a reserve team playing in a league of some kind next season. I think MM will be keen to ensure we return to having a proper structure. I'd like to think that in a few years we'll look back at this season, nod our heads at how bad things were, remembering the fact we had no reserve team, but did have Elvis, amongst others!

Yeah, Dodds is never going to play for the first team whilst Cadamateri might, seems a good enough reason to me.

Archived