Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Nostalgia Time

If you've got access to ESPN Classics (Channel 442 on Sky)

Tonight, Tuesday you can indulge in:

10:00pm City V Southampton (1982) then City V Luton (1982)

Wednesday

10:00pm City V Shrewsbury (1982) then City V Watford (1984)

Enjoy :D

Anyone watching these, the Shrewsbury game has been voted by many fans as one of the best games they've seen in terms of incidents etc?

CITY 3 LIVERPOOL 3 IN THE 80'S

LYNEX, PEAKE, LINEKER, SMITH. 28,000 ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT. WHAT A GAME.

Stop shouting! And what's that got to do with the topic subject?

Please can someone settle a bet! I was watching Skys phone-in show and Paul Walsh was on it. I then spent the next 10 minutes having an arguement with my brother about the time that Walsh played well in a friendly against us at the old Filbo. The game must have been about 16 years ago and I cant remember who the game was in aid of but we are rowing about an incident that happened during the game. Paul

Gascoigne and Frankie Worthington were playing and I think from kick-off, Frankie Wortho did some weird flick over Gazza`s head to the roars of the crowd. No my brother reckons it was Gazza doing it to Wortho. Was anyone at that game to confirm what happened????!!

Please can someone settle a bet! I was watching Skys phone-in show and Paul Walsh was on it. I then spent the next 10 minutes having an arguement with my brother about the time that Walsh played well in a friendly against us at the old Filbo. The game must have been about 16 years ago and I cant remember who the game was in aid of but we are rowing about an incident that happened during the game. Paul

Gascoigne and Frankie Worthington were playing and I think from kick-off, Frankie Wortho did some weird flick over Gazza`s head to the roars of the crowd. No my brother reckons it was Gazza doing it to Wortho. Was anyone at that game to confirm what happened????!!

That reminds me of Walsh's testimonial. If i remember correctly, gazza rugby tackled Garry Parker down the wing or something similiar. That was a laugh that match.

That reminds me of Walsh's testimonial. If i remember correctly, gazza rugby tackled Garry Parker down the wing or something similiar. That was a laugh that match.

Yeah that may well have been the game. My memory isnt as good as it used to be so it may have been later than the date I initially mentioned but Gazza and Wortho were there and the crowd was a good un.

Yeah that may well have been the game. My memory isnt as good as it used to be so it may have been later than the date I initially mentioned but Gazza and Wortho were there and the crowd was a good un.

If it was, that would have been 97 i think. Which is 10 years ago :o I was only 6 :blush:

Which also makes it 20 years ago that we signed Walsh.

If you've got access to ESPN Classics (Channel 442 on Sky)

Tonight, Tuesday you can indulge in:

10:00pm City V Southampton (1982) then City V Luton (1982)

Wednesday

10:00pm City V Shrewsbury (1982) then City V Watford (1984)

Enjoy :D

City V Shrewsbury is repeated today at 12.30 and 5.30pm as well as

City v Watford repeated 1.00 and 6.00pm.

:thumbup:

I belive it was Paul Ramseys testimonial. And it was Wortho who did it to Gazza.

Just watched the game against Watford on ESPN Classic.

Reminded me just how good some of the 'lesser' players were.

Bobby Smith playing at right back, Ian Wilson at left-back, Big, Bad Bob Hazell - IMMENSE, Steve Lynex on the right wing, Andy Peake with two cracking goals and not forgetting Mark Wallington who must've been England's most under-rated goalie. If the system then would have been the same as nowadays, Wallington would definitely have been the 3rd choice keeper behind Shilts and Clemence. MW really was that good IMHO and should've had a cap to show for his career.

I was at that game stood under the Double Decker in the opposite corner to the away fans.

Those were the days! :thumbup:

At the end of the match Jimmy Hill praised Gordon Milne and the team for their improvement having been written off in October so I had a look at that season (83/84).

At the 28th October 1983 our record was;

P 10

W 0

D 2

L 8

F 6

A 23

Pts 2

Our record for the next 32 league games was;

P 32

W 13

D 10

L 9

F 59

A 45

Pts 49

That really was a fantastic improvement!

I belive it was Paul Ramseys testimonial. And it was Wortho who did it to Gazza.

Yeah I thought it was because the laughing and cheers from the locals was the high-point of the night lol. I think Wortho would have been about 107 then??! Typical of the 70s lads wanting to show the younger better paid upstarts how good they were! Thats a serious point though about todays football. I know its got its bits of skill but if some of our younger fans actually saw some of the skills that the 7-s mob used to do theyed be surprised and mesmerised!

Set your video or Sky+ for some great Leicester games on ESPN classics tomorow afternoon,2:00pm v shrewsbury in the fa cup and 2:30 v watford 1984(seen it the other night,some cracking golas),both with Lineker for City.The shrewsbury game if i remember rightly was the one with 3 different city goalkeepers?I could hear the crowd noise from my back garden on Ansty Lane and remember asking my dad what all the noise was(i was only 8).

Saw them both the other day.

Yeah Andy Peake's goals against Watford were brilliant. Just wondering, but why was the crowd so small against Watford that day?

Yeah you're right, we had 3 'keepers against Shrewsbury but still won 5-2. Cracking game to watch :thumbup:

Saw them both the other day.

Yeah Andy Peake's goals against Watford were brilliant. Just wondering, but why was the crowd so small against Watford that day?

Yeah you're right, we had 3 'keepers against Shrewsbury but still won 5-2. Cracking game to watch :thumbup:

Was that the game where he spanked almost two identical goals from outside the box?

Archived