Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Jason Jarrett

I know its only two games but as Yeates has his own thread and as there seems to be a mixed opinion on Jarrett so far, I thought it was worth starting the debate.

I can't comment on Jarrett in terms of the Ipswich game but I thought at the Cov game, yes he worked hard but he doesn't have confidence when he is in possession. I thought he was generally very slow to distribute and needs more confidence in his own ability.

I know its only two games but as Yeates has his own thread and as there seems to be a mixed opinion on Jarrett so far, I thought it was worth starting the debate.

I can't comment on Jarrett in terms of the Ipswich game but I thought at the Cov game, yes he worked hard but he doesn't have confidence when he is in possession. I thought he was generally very slow to distribute and needs more confidence in his own ability.

Compared to Yeates performance he is a god.

We need one touch or two touches at most in midfield. Look at Arsenal. See how swiftly they move their opponents and make it doubly hard by passing the ball hard and low. It's all about time.

A straight line is shorter than an arc between the same points and made with one touch the demands on the opponent increase still further.

For me both Johnson and Jarrett take too long and Johnson hits far to many lofted passes which rarely arrive are easily read. Not saying they shouldn't learn.

The trick, of couse, is the accuracy under pressure.

Even Andy King could be faster in this deparment but Tom Tejan-Sie's a good example of a one and two-touch midfielder. Rarely over elaborates but has the quality to keep on the move after delivering his pass. Same as Porter. A team-mates dream really cos he always provides options which Leicester started to lose second half as people tired.

It's no coincidence we have won both games he has played, but then that's cos he gets involved, rather than poncing around for 89 minutes like a twat and convincing morons that he's a good footballer by playing one or two pretty passes and scoring a 25-yarder every 30 games.

He is more effective than Williams.

I thought he was unlucky today. Made silly errors at crucial moments. If he had two goals instead of two air-shots we'd all be raving about him.

He gets the ball from defence to attack better than Williams and links up with all areas of the pitch, wing, strikers, and defense.

He is more effective than Williams.

I thought he was unlucky today. Made silly errors at crucial moments. If he had two goals instead of two air-shots we'd all be raving about him.

He gets the ball from defence to attack better than Williams and links up with all areas of the pitch, wing, strikers, and defense.

Who mentioned Williams? :whistle:

Hang on, we have just won a local derby 3 v 0, why are you looking for negatives ? everyone played well today, the new players will need time to settle in and get to know their team mates and with that in mind have done very well indeed, bring on the Clarets !!!

Archived