Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Jason Jarrett

Who are the new muppets? Presumably joke accounts?

I wondered if some of these 'new' people were the same person, perhaps intent on talking to themselves and agreeing with what they have to say (to themselves).

But it'd be unfair to judge them at this early stage in their career. :thumbup:

I wondered if some of these 'new' people were the same person, perhaps intent on talking to themselves and agreeing with what they have to say (to themselves).

But it'd be unfair to judge them at this early stage in their career. :thumbup:

I've not registerd a second account, but I do know everything that goes on here.

All part of being connected you see.

Someone talk about football ffs.

I reckon we'll extend Jarrett soon enough.

Just a hunch. :dunno:

I was hoping he was intended to replace Johnson, but sadly it looks like they're forming a partnership.

So long as we keep winning, it won't really matter. :thumbup:

Is he really the box to box midfielder he's made out to be? Does he get forward? Anyone? :mellow:

I was hoping he was intended to replace Johnson, but sadly it looks like they're forming a partnership.

Is he really the box to box midfielder he's made out to be? Does he get forward? Anyone? :mellow:

Crying shame that, they looked shite in the first half, totally lost the midfield battle. I'm guessing you saw all that from Canada so I wont go on.

Crying shame that, they looked shite in the first half, totally lost the midfield battle. I'm guessing you saw all that from Canada so I wont go on.

:smile:

Well, they've played in the middle together twice and won two games. The partnership may not be one based on merit in its own right... but collectively as a team. We all know how Rob won't change a winning team even if there's a glaring weakness somewhere.

If they're not up to it they'll be exposed before long. Properly exposed, bad enough to warrant being changed.

Actually that's not terribly likely, is it? :unsure:

But still, it's worked better than Johnson/Williams ever did. So far. :ph34r:

Yes!

I made a point of spending a lot of time watching him in the first half and we must have made SIX decent attacking forward runs from deep and NO-ONE picked him out (either their defenders or our team). Sadly he gave up bothering in the second half. No he's not the worlds best passer of the ball and he did fluff one gilt edged chance in the first half. I think he would do better along side someone who can spray the ball around a bit rather than Johnson but thats my opinion.

BUT if our team could pick him out on just a couple of those runs we would insantly create more chances.

Sadly I don't think our team are used to having a proper box-to-box midfielder.

He is more effective than Williams.

I thought he was unlucky today. Made silly errors at crucial moments. If he had two goals instead of two air-shots we'd all be raving about him.

He gets the ball from defence to attack better than Williams and links up with all areas of the pitch, wing, strikers, and defense.

whats unlucky about making silly errors at crucial times he is just a very average player you can see straight away why he hasn't played for preston since september and if he is here beyond the end of the season we'll still be hovering around the same position next year

Who are the new muppets? Presumably joke accounts?

Excuse me, are you refering to me here ? does being "new" to a board automaticly class you as Fozzy bear ? Thanks everyone for the welcome, it`s nice to feel a part of things !!

Excuse me, are you refering to me here ? does being "new" to a board automaticly class you as Fozzy bear ? Thanks everyone for the welcome, it`s nice to feel a part of things !!

Piss off! :P:D

Only kidding mate, everyone is welcome here, it's just that we've been merrily talking amongst ourselves until Mandaric fever kicked in and suddenly there are stacks of people reigniting their interest in the club. Me, I think that excitement is what we have been lacking, so the more the merrier!

And just to keep Manwell happy, Jarret still has everything to prove. But then he knows that, so we'll see what he delivers.

Fair comment, but I assure you that my flame of support for City has never gone out, it has burned very low on occasions and I have even considered throwing a bucket of water on it once or twice, I have often read this forum, or do you refer to this as lurking ? and decided to make the odd, very odd some might say, comment, anyway I`ll go back and join Statler now, see y`all later.

I thought he did very well first half. Maybe ran out of steam second though. Better than what we had previously.

You have got to remember he hasnt played much first team football recently so he will be a bit ring rusty. Thats why I questioned the deal as it seemed like we would get him match-fit and then he would dissapear and let his club reap the benefits! At least we are winning with these loanees!

I thought he did alright yesterday. He definitely makes a difference as he's the first central midfielder this season who's made forward runs and tried to support the attack.

We've been absolutely crying out for someone to do this all season as it creates an extra problem for the opposition defence and gives the strikers a bit more time and space - it certainly worked as there were numerous occasions when Hume was able to pick the ball up and run at their defence.

So overall, room for improvement but a good start. Ironically, I think his ideal partner in centre mid would be Williams. :blink:

I thought he did alright yesterday. He definitely makes a difference as he's the first central midfielder this season who's made forward runs and tried to support the attack.

We've been absolutely crying out for someone to do this all season as it creates an extra problem for the opposition defence and gives the strikers a bit more time and space - it certainly worked as there were numerous occasions when Hume was able to pick the ball up and run at their defence.

So overall, room for improvement but a good start. Ironically, I think his ideal partner in centre mid would be Williams. :blink:

Yeh I agree with all of that. I thought Jarret made a big difference, it was weird seeing a centre midfielder making so many forward runs and wanting the ball.

Here to more of it, we jsut need a midfielder who can knock the ball about now... weso?

Yeh I agree with all of that. I thought Jarret made a big difference, it was weird seeing a centre midfielder making so many forward runs and wanting the ball.

Here to more of it, we jsut need a midfielder who can knock the ball about now... weso?

I wouldn't change it for the next game. Johnson can get out the team next time he has a shit game... it'll probably be Tuesday or Saturday.

Having said that he's getting on a bit now... he might be a bit knacked for Tuesday's game.

RK loves Johnson remember. As for JJ, admittedly yesterday was the first time I've seen him play and he could have just had a one off stinker but he was totally devoid of skill and did nothing to contribute to our attack.

RK must love him too.

or played because he did well against Ipswich on his debut, why would he be dropped? not to do with being a Rob Kelly favourite, too early to make that sort of judgement.

or played because he did well against Ipswich on his debut, why would he be dropped? not to do with being a Rob Kelly favourite, too early to make that sort of judgement.

Seen him twice in a city shirt and i am impressed with his pace strength and desire. His passing has a little to be desired but I would sign him for next season from what i have seen so far! :thumbup:

Much more effort and energy than Williams ever had. Maybe he isn't as technically gifted, but he will be fairly accurate in his distribution (most of it is just getting the ball in the middle and knocking it sideways) and he'll also win us the ball back as well as getting forward to support the attacks. Should have scored yesterday lol!! Good addition.

Jarrets lack of flair but his hard working, defensive fundamentals would make him a Kelly favourite as Rob is very cautious and defense minded.

Archived