Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Johansson hints at Foxes stay

Or talking up his wages?

From Sky

Nils-Eric Johansson has hinted he might extend his Leicester City stay.

The former Blackburn and Bayern Munich defender's deal is due to expire in the summer.

Johansson is learning towards returning to Sweden, but has not ruled out extending his Leicester contract following Milan Mandaric's recent takeover.

"It's correct I'm considering returning home," he told Expressen.

"I've been abroad a long time now, but I'm only 27-years-old. My contract expires at the end of the season.

"But we've just got a new owner and if he chooses to invest, then I might stay at the club."

Johansson is aware of the interest in his services, but has not made a final decision on his long-term future.

"I know of the interest from Hammarby while AIK coach Rikard Norlong is also interested," he continued.

"But other clubs have also been in touch."

Can't say I'm upset to hear he may be staying with us. He has been good for us this term and it's nice to know we could well be keeping some sort of familiarity/consistency with the back 4 next time around. A competent, extra left back needs to be brought in though in the event that Nils is either suspended or injured though should he decide to stay.

Can't say I'm upset to hear he may be staying with us. He has been good for us this term and it's nice to know we could well be keeping some sort of familiarity/consistency with the back 4 next time around. A competent, extra left back needs to be brought in though in the event that Nils is either suspended or injured though should he decide to stay.

I fully agree with that. He's alwways one of the calmest palyers on the pitch

If he goes or stays we still need a proper left back.

Not satisfied with Sheehan? :ph34r:

I think I'm with Mastermind Pablo on this one... it strikes me as kinda odd (silly?) that we have no proper left backs near the first team. Nils, as good as he is, is still a CB that can do a job at LB - it doesn't sound ideal. And the other occasional LB is actually a RB... and then there's Kenton... who knows what he's supposed to be?

Up himself ain't he.

You tell 'em, Milan. ;)

Has Nils had a run at CB at any point in the last two seasons? I'm guessing not.

He had about two games at CB once... I think.

No real serious extended run that I can recall... didn't he get the shaft by Levein when we had a nightmare at the back one game?

Levein never really had a settled back four... so it's hard to imagine Nissa ever having a run at CB.

He`s better than Kenton and Paddy Mac IMO and can play at LB and CB. I`d keep him if he wants to stay but like others have said, I`d probably be looking for more mobile LB. Keep Nissa as back-up and punt out Kenton!

Archived