Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

how much more would you pay for your season ticket?

I havent got one this season as I was working in lovely retail but am trying my own thing at the moment which may well allow me more time to follow the Blue Army next season. I will look into a season ticket and I am not that bothered about the price because paying on average of £20 a game isnt that much when you think about it relatively.

With that said, I dont know how much a season ticket cost at City this season but MM shouldnt be raising the prices too much unless he has managed to bring in some quality players to the club. Im sure most fans wouldnt mind paying that extra cash if they had a team that had some quality, tried every week and we had some players to sing about again instead of clutching at straws and starting chants for the likes of Cada!

I havent got one this season as I was working in lovely retail but am trying my own thing at the moment which may well allow me more time to follow the Blue Army next season. I will look into a season ticket and I am not that bothered about the price because paying on average of £20 a game isnt that much when you think about it relatively.

With that said, I dont know how much a season ticket cost at City this season but MM shouldnt be raising the prices too much unless he has managed to bring in some quality players to the club. Im sure most fans wouldnt mind paying that extra cash if they had a team that had some quality, tried every week and we had some players to sing about again instead of clutching at straws and starting chants for the likes of Cada!

Disagree, I can take my whole family to cinema for £18, and I would atleast know alittle of what i'm paying for!!

Disagree, I can take my whole family to cinema for £18, and I would atleast know alittle of what i'm paying for!!

£18???!! I need to move back to Leicester then! I took my 8yo son to the flicks the other day with my nephew and my god-daughter and after I paid the cost of entry into the film, a few of cokes, some popcorn and some pick and mix I ended up needing a bloody remortgage!!!

The reason why I always defend football when it comes to changing the club jersey every season as aposed to every 2 and things like the cost of the matches at our level is because I think we get value for money. A football jersey costs about £40 and lasts a year but people go and buy trainers for £100+ that last for a season! £300 or whatever it is for a Leicester season ticket is nothing compared to the amount of money that we guzzle on a Friday or Saturday night that is forgetten the next day! Football is in our lives and we talk about it almost as much as sex and thankfully we dont have to pay for that, unless in Amsterdam of course! :thumbup::D

£18???!! I need to move back to Leicester then! I took my 8yo son to the flicks the other day with my nephew and my god-daughter and after I paid the cost of entry into the film, a few of cokes, some popcorn and some pick and mix I ended up needing a bloody remortgage!!!

The reason why I always defend football when it comes to changing the club jersey every season as aposed to every 2 and things like the cost of the matches at our level is because I think we get value for money. A football jersey costs about £40 and lasts a year but people go and buy trainers for £100+ that last for a season! £300 or whatever it is for a Leicester season ticket is nothing compared to the amount of money that we guzzle on a Friday or Saturday night that is forgetten the next day! Football is in our lives and we talk about it almost as much as sex and thankfully we dont have to pay for that, unless in Amsterdam of course! :thumbup::D

Family ticket is £18 at vue cinema's, that's for 4 people!! Mate football is a rip off, and your not guarenteed anything!! I took my kids and mrs to the cinema, including pop corn, and a meal at pizza hut for less then £60!!

It's cheaper to take my whole family to drayton manor (£60 including petrol), safari park (£50 including petrol) or any other attraction then football!!!

Only because your a fan and they know theat people will pay, clubs just take advantage!!

Yeah and you could watch the Footie on Sky for less than that a week. Not quite the same is it.

Edit: I'll accept that the other days out are cheaper, and you actualy get something you wouldn''t elsewhere.

Family ticket is £18 at vue cinema's, that's for 4 people!! Mate football is a rip off, and your not guarenteed anything!! I took my kids and mrs to the cinema, including pop corn, and a meal at pizza hut for less then £60!!

It's cheaper to take my whole family to drayton manor (£60 including petrol), safari park (£50 including petrol) or any other attraction then football!!!

Only because your a fan and they know theat people will pay, clubs just take advantage!!

I get what you are saying about family days out and I must admit that I dont take my son to many footy games and would probably shudder at the thought of laying out the crazy cash for a family of 4 at footy but for an individual like myself or many of the lads that go football, I bet they waste far more cash on a Ftiday or Saturday night than they would do watching Leicester 4 times!

I dont know what going out in Leicester costs these days as I havent been out in Leicester for about 10-12 years when I used to go to a club called Harveys I think it was but when we go out in London, we are guaranteed to spend £50 on a cheap night and probably average £100 on a night out. I wouldnt want to remind myself of the obscene amounts that have been spent on rare occasions but the money we spend is crazy at times. Football in relative terms gives us a lot more pleasure than a night of getting mullered in a club unless of course you have managed to pick upone of the local mingers who offers a different pleasure! :D:thumbup:

14,000 is the number in my head.

I'm being negative but I think MM would rather have a smaller number of season ticket holders paying a lump sum rather than rely on raking in the cash throughout the season where fickle fans can stay away if things arent going well on the pitch.

And if only a small number of season tickets are expected to be sold, the prices will inevitably be high.

i think the previous board treated us quite well with season ticket prices. i'm certain that they'll go up next season, the question is how much? a good finish to the season and a few big name signings and i'm sure we'll all pay again.

So is £10 per match the accepted rate for a Championship game? £260 odd for a season ticket isnt much IMO. We need to increase revenue and I would bump that up (if that is the average as I have been told) by at least 30%.

So is £10 per match the accepted rate for a Championship game? £260 odd for a season ticket isnt much IMO. We need to increase revenue and I would bump that up (if that is the average as I have been told) by at least 30%.

i think mine this year was around £270/280 and that included an early renewal discount.

Well maybe you can afford massive increases, in fact the way you describe how you are happy to throw money around shows that you're either well off or in debt.

As for me, I'm being gradually priced out of the game and any sort of increase will almost certainly bring my 40 odd years of support to an end, so I'd thank you not to go around giving people the idea, that 30% increases on what is already an over priced product is an acceptable action.

Archived