Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Driving Test!

Booked it - Wednesday Febuary 16th at 3.27pm! C'MON I CAN DO THIS!

I could have had 8.40am but didn't like the sound of that! :S

59139[/snapback]

Yeah but Matt - you will spend the whole day cacking yourself about it - at least at 8.40 you wont have time to worry.

I know this sounds sad but before I took my test I recorded everything I needed to know from the highway code, like stopping distances etc and played it every night before I fell asleep. Apparently it helps you to retain information better if you do it like that - could be good for ppl revising too, anyway it helped me as I passed first time and my test was at 10am and had an hours practice before that :thumbup:

Good luck Matt!

59145[/snapback]

True but on febuary mornings there is/could be ice/snow e.t.c on the road, in your test you have concertrate 100% anyway but even more so in icy/snowy conditions. Spose theres arguements for both though! Cheers :thumbup:

Good luck Matt, and good luck CB with your next test!

My driving test was at 8am , and it was brilliant!!  Over and done with by 9, and the rest of the day to act smug!

59163[/snapback]

Cheers :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Booked it - Wednesday Febuary 16th at 3.27pm! C'MON I CAN DO THIS!

I could have had 8.40am but didn't like the sound of that! :S

59139[/snapback]

Mines 2 days after.

Third time lucky for me?!

I doubt it. :( I just get too nervous. :nono:

Well, I'm trying to think positive, but i'm gonna fail!

I'm trying my hardest but i've got too many "bad habits" and its just stupid, basic things that I don't do!

But I wanna pass more than even now because i've just started a new job (Tuesday) and its down the A5, vertually the M69 and try riding a push bike down there a 6.55am and 4.30pm every day!...I'm gonna end up getting killed if I have to bike on that road for much longer!

I'm trying my hardest but i've got too many "bad habits" and its just stupid, basic things that I don't do!

But I wanna pass more than even now because i've just started a new job (Tuesday) and its down the A5, vertually the M69 and try riding a push bike down there a 6.55am and 4.30pm every day!...I'm gonna end up getting killed if I have to bike on that road for much longer!

65547[/snapback]

I have a horrible bike journey aswel, I want to pass so badly but I keep getting told not to think like that, you feel more pressure then.

Is this your first time Matt?

65547[/snapback]

I have a horrible bike journey aswel, I want to pass so badly but I keep getting told not to think like that, you feel more pressure then.

65553[/snapback]

Yep, got a lesson at 6.30, having a mock test...so if I pass the mock test I can put my mind slightly to rest, if I fail its time to start worrying!

65547[/snapback]

65553[/snapback]

Yep, got a lesson at 6.30, having a mock test...so if I pass the mock test I can put my mind slightly to rest, if I fail its time to start worrying!

65565[/snapback]

No mate, mock tests are wierd because you know it isnt the real thing, you dont apply yourself as much as you would on a real test and you dont have any of the nerves.

Its nothing to go by I dont think.

I passed 3 mock tests and so far failed 2 real things. :(

65547[/snapback]

65553[/snapback]

65565[/snapback]

No mate, mock tests are wierd because you know it isnt the real thing, you dont apply yourself as much as you would on a real test and you dont have any of the nerves.

65571[/snapback]

Well if any of you are decent drivers, the test shouldn't be too much of a worry. I stressed so much for my first test that I fecked up several times doing (or rather forgetting) routine stuff that I was well used to doing. And then I must've had a blackout cause I drove down a one-way street the wrong way! :ermm::ph34r:

Second time around I obviously stressed abit too, thinking about my 1st test, but I went about it a lot calmer and drove cautiously...keeping the speed at 5mph less than the limit at all times.

So that's the best advice I can give to you: Drive cautiously and take your time! For God's sake don't rush! :thumbup: Best of luck to both of ya :)

65547[/snapback]

65553[/snapback]

65565[/snapback]

65571[/snapback]

Well if any of you are decent drivers, the test shouldn't be too much of a worry. I stressed so much for my first test that I fecked up several times doing (or rather forgetting) routine stuff that I was well used to doing. And then I must've had a blackout cause I drove down a one-way street the wrong way! :ermm::ph34r:

Second time around I obviously stressed abit too, thinking about my 1st test, but I went about it a lot calmer and drove cautiously...keeping the speed at 5mph less than the limit at all times.

So that's the best advice I can give to you: Drive cautiously and take your time! For God's sake don't rush! :thumbup: Best of luck to both of ya :)

65603[/snapback]

Cheers personally, I ain't really that nervous whatever happens on the day happens and once i've done it, I can't change it, I keep thinking i'm gonna fail but I wouldn't say i'm nervous, I know if I fail i'll be soooooooo pissed off there will be no words to describe it!

Fookin £84... :mad::mad::mad:

Test is tomorrow...until now my nerves have been fine, and I can't say i'm that nervous now, but they are just starting to kick in now.

I am abit more confident i'll pass now but there still some of my 'dodgy habits' that are saynng 'fail' in the back of my mind.

1.30pm = Finish Work

2.27pm = The build up (i.e. the lesson before)

3.27pm = The real thing (Test)

Wish me luck ;)

Test is tomorrow...until now my nerves have been fine, and I can't say i'm that nervous now, but they are just starting to kick in now.

I am abit more confident i'll pass now but there still some of my 'dodgy habits' that are saynng 'fail' in the back of my mind.

1.30pm = Finish Work

Wish my luck ;)

67001[/snapback]

Good luck :D

1.30pm = Finish Work

Wish me luck ;)

67001[/snapback]

You know the rules, just stick to 'em and imagine it's just another drive around town ;) Good luck!

1.30pm = Finish Work

Wish my luck ;)

67001[/snapback]

Good luck :D

67004[/snapback]

Good luck Matt :)

67005[/snapback]

1.30pm = Finish Work

Wish me luck ;)

67001[/snapback]

You know the rules, just stick to 'em and imagine it's just another drive around town ;) Good luck!

67024[/snapback]

Good luck Matt :)

67055[/snapback]

Cheers

...Rules? :huh: what rules lol;)

Good luck Matt.

I passed second time.

First time I was doing really well, on the way back to the test centre, and then I inexplicably decided to pull outin front of a giant articulated lorry on a roundabout, which resulted in the whole roundabout grinding to a halt :)

No idea why I did it even to this day.

Archived