Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Let's be under no illusions

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~993040,00.html

Our six game unbeaten run has been both timely and welcome but the truth of how fortunate we were is summed up by the fact that our goalkeeper and two defenders have gained recognition for their sometimes sterling displays over the period.

You take any points as valuable but let no-one be under any illusions about how those results were obtained. Hard-to-beat-football yes, but some desperate defending, some simple chances missed by the opposition and some absolutely outstanding goalkeeping.

We've got to do a lot better than that to finish among the top three places in the League cos we won't always get so lucky.

Absolutely, but hat's off to our defence.

I still think we might miss Nils-Eric Johansson if he chooses to leave. I was horrified at him being our first choice left back for the majority of last season and the start of this, but he's adapted well and changed his game. I think Porter and Nisse have a good understanding down the left and Nisse isn't afraid of getting forward. Ok, so he's not quick. But he isn't intimidated under pressure and some of the passing triangles that Nisse, Porter and others show at times is very impressive. Coventry at home in the first half being a prime example.

Nisse, McAuley and Kisnorbo are 3 of the best defenders you'll get at this level. We should be thankful we have them.

Henderson has improved massively. I will hold my hands up and say, I thought once Logan came in to the side that Hnederson's days were numbered. They eventually might be, but he's kept us in many games this season.

Ive got a feeling 2 of the 3 will be leaving in the summer.

I reckon McAuley will go to one of the relegated Prem sides (Probably Watford or someone) and Nils will go to some foreign team on a free.

No chance.

He's not that highly rated outside of Lincolnshire and Leicestershire.

Our defence hasn't been that impressive.

Ive got a feeling 2 of the 3 will be leaving in the summer.

I reckon McAuley will go to one of the relegated Prem sides (Probably Watford or someone) and Nils will go to some foreign team on a free.

Kish may go and good luck to him as he is a class defender and should be playing for a better team, he probably thinks we're all tw*ts for booing him when he first arrived.

Nissa can do one, when he started spouting off about wanting to move to a bigger club earlier in the season I lost the little respect I had for him as a footballer....

Absolutely, but hat's off to our defence.

I still think we might miss Nils-Eric Johansson if he chooses to leave. I was horrified at him being our first choice left back for the majority of last season and the start of this, but he's adapted well and changed his game. I think Porter and Nisse have a good understanding down the left and Nisse isn't afraid of getting forward. Ok, so he's not quick. But he isn't intimidated under pressure and some of the passing triangles that Nisse, Porter and others show at times is very impressive. Coventry at home in the first half being a prime example.

Nisse, McAuley and Kisnorbo are 3 of the best defenders you'll get at this level. We should be thankful we have them.

Henderson has improved massively. I will hold my hands up and say, I thought once Logan came in to the side that Hnederson's days were numbered. They eventually might be, but he's kept us in many games this season.

I agree about Nils. I've long had my reservations about him for reasons that haven't changed but he's made the very best of his ability - even improved in certain areas - and I now regard him as an important member of the squad. That's not to say I don't think we should, at the very least, have an attacking full-back being developed alongside him so we have alternatives and are not left in the ridiculous situation we saw at Southend.

Henderson have been a revelation since returning to the side and I wouldn't be surprised if Logan moves. He won't want to be an understudy at his age especially when he knows he can probably hold down a first team spot elsewhere.

But Henderson has justified his selection, no question.

No chance.

He's not that highly rated outside of Lincolnshire and Leicestershire.

Our defence hasn't been that impressive.

Since McAuley and Kisnorbo have played together it has been.

It's freaky how much that partnership makes a difference compared to one of them playing alongside the bombscare.

McAuley had his admirers before he came here, his reputation is getting stronger by the game. I still think he's a season away from any premiership clubs willing to take a punt. Kisnorbo is probably the most likely to get real interest from the premiership, he already has had a few clubs have a sniff.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~993040,00.html

Our six game unbeaten run has been both timely and welcome but the truth of how fortunate we were is summed up by the fact that our goalkeeper and two defenders have gained recognition for their sometimes sterling displays over the period.

You take any points as valuable but let no-one be under any illusions about how those results were obtained. Hard-to-beat-football yes, but some desperate defending, some simple chances missed by the opposition and some absolutely outstanding goalkeeping.

We've got to do a lot better than that to finish among the top three places in the League cos we won't always get so lucky.

The top 3 places? What has finishing 3rd got to do with anything?

i swear you people actually dont understand the game of football and are so negative that even when we win your NEVER happy. you say were lucky because our defence is GOOD!!! if that was the case surely we would draw most of the games . . . no its because we have been scoring the other end!

when we play teams they are aloud to attack and our defence has delt with it its not just luck.

some leicester fans have become so fickle they dont know when to be happy when were on a run

get a life and support the blue.

i swear you people actually dont understand the game of football and are so negative that even when we win your NEVER happy. you say were lucky because our defence is GOOD!!! if that was the case surely we would draw most of the games . . . no its because we have been scoring the other end!

when we play teams they are aloud to attack and our defence has delt with it its not just luck.

some leicester fans have become so fickle they dont know when to be happy when were on a run

You muppet. If you actually read the posts on this thread properly, you'd see that no one is complaining or moaning about anything, people are simply pointing out that we've not really played that well and that this run, (and let's face it, it's not that special) may just be papering over the cracks.

You're problem is that you are only taking into account the last six games. We've been inconsistent all season. We had a great run during October and a lot of people thought we might have turned the corner, but by November we were back to being crap and we all realised it had been a false dawn.

Yes, we have played well at times (first half of Cov and against West Brom) but overall I've not seen much evidence that this run will continue for too much longer.

We have drawn lots of our games - 14 including the last two and it was the same last season as Kelly admitted.

Sometimes the defence has been excellent and has genuinely restricted opposing teams to very few clear-cut chances but on lots of other occasions it has been only luck and Henderson's brilliance that has prevented.

Several times recently shots have hit parts of Henderson's body and cannoned to safety and he deserves credit.

But they could have bounced anywhere, people have missed from virtually point blank range, the referee saved us by a second or two against West Brom and anyone at Burnley will know how fortunate we were to survive their late onslaught and scramble a winner.

Recognising that and wanting improvements is not being fickle. I'd say that was more responsible and more supportive than accepting whatever the manager and his team put in front of you and calling for improvements where they are needed.

My voice is there most Saturdays, home and away, cheering every player for as close to 90 minutes as my faltering voice will allow. But I will never condone unambitious or negative football.

You muppet. If you actually read the posts on this thread properly, you'd see that no one is complaining or moaning about anything, people are simply pointing out that we've not really played that well and that this run, (and let's face it, it's not that special) may just be papering over the cracks.

You're problem is that you are only taking into account the last six games. We've been inconsistent all season. We had a great run during October and a lot of people thought we might have turned the corner, but by November we were back to being crap and we all realised it had been a false dawn.

Yes, we have played well at times (first half of Cov and against West Brom) but overall I've not seen much evidence that this run will continue for too much longer.

Yes, A. Fox. what a dumb thing to say. Next you will be complaining when someone says "We only won because we scored more goals that the other team.

DOH, Remember where you are, who your supporting and the fact that we should not draw or win.

We dont need all those positive vibes man

We have drawn over a third of our games. ;):thumbup:

Agree, Step, AFFL what are you doing being posative, being pleased we are doing well ! I too was branded a muppett for a similar offence, join in with the negative clap trap spoken by Thracian or go back to Miss Piggy !

Agree, Step, AFFL what are you doing being posative, being pleased we are doing well ! I too was branded a muppett for a similar offence, join in with the negative clap trap spoken by Thracian or go back to Miss Piggy !

Since when has wanting an exciting, attacking team been negative?.

I suggest you have a look at the way you've turned a thread full of young people talking about fantastic moments this club has given them, and that they've created themselves, into a bog-standard pessimistic rant that I am frankly getting sick and tired of reading in every single thread I look at.

we all wan`t that, the problem with you is that you alway`s highlight the negative aspects, just for example, you stated the chances missed by opposition players and saves made by Hendo, but NOT the chances missed my us and saves by THEIR keeper, at least an equal amount I would say !!

I suggest you have a look at the way you've turned a thread full of young people talking about fantastic moments this club has given them, and that they've created themselves, into a bog-standard pessimistic rant that I am frankly getting sick and tired of reading in every single thread I look at.

You're right about that. Editing finished. :thumbup:

We have drawn lots of our games - 14 including the last two and it was the same last season as Kelly admitted.

Sometimes the defence has been excellent and has genuinely restricted opposing teams to very few clear-cut chances but on lots of other occasions it has been only luck and Henderson's brilliance that has prevented.

Several times recently shots have hit parts of Henderson's body and cannoned to safety and he deserves credit.

But they could have bounced anywhere, people have missed from virtually point blank range, the referee saved us by a second or two against West Brom and anyone at Burnley will know how fortunate we were to survive their late onslaught and scramble a winner.

Recognising that and wanting improvements is not being fickle. I'd say that was more responsible and more supportive than accepting whatever the manager and his team put in front of you and calling for improvements where they are needed.

My voice is there most Saturdays, home and away, cheering every player for as close to 90 minutes as my faltering voice will allow. But I will never condone unambitious or negative football.

I don't mean to have a go, because your posts are always interesting to read even when I disagree totally. I don't see, though, how in one thread you can condone playing Hammond because he scores goals with a bit of luck even though he's not a terrific player, and on the other hand you can complain about lucky victories that might not have deserved to go our way.

It seems that you're fine with luck in attack, a la Hammond, but when our defensive holds firm against the odds despite an onslaught, it means they're shite and didn't deserve it.

I don't mean to have a go, because your posts are always interesting to read even when I disagree totally. I don't see, though, how in one thread you can condone playing Hammond because he scores goals with a bit of luck even though he's not a terrific player, and on the other hand you can complain about lucky victories that might not have deserved to go our way.

It seems that you're fine with luck in attack, a la Hammond, but when our defensive holds firm against the odds despite an onslaught, it means they're shite and didn't deserve it.

I've not complained about our lucky victories in that they've earned us three points. I'm just not taken in by the claims by some that we are somehow playing well, and that individuals are playing well, just because we've had a run of six games unbeaten.

I've mentioned only today that the defence has conceded four in six which is promotion form - but that does not disguise the fact that they've been fortunate at times.

And when they're unfortunate we won't score enough goals to make up for it. So defensive over-emphasis won't get us promoted.

I've not complained about our lucky victories in that they've earned us three points. I'm just not taken in by the claims by some that we are somehow playing well, and that individuals are playing well, just because we've had a run of six games unbeaten.

I've mentioned only today that the defence has conceded four in six which is promotion form - but that does not disguise the fact that they've been fortunate at times.

And when they're unfortunate we won't score enough goals to make up for it. So defensive over-emphasis won't get us promoted.

If Hammond is a good player statistically, Leicester are currently playing well, statistically.

Can't have it both ways, Thrac.

If Hammond is a good player statistically, Leicester are currently playing well, statistically.

Can't have it both ways, Thrac.

You cannot deny Leicester have done well statistically over the last six matches.

But like Hammond you can appreciate certain things as much as you like but that doesn't obliterate the faults, sadly.

Sooner or later Flynny we have to start developing a side that will win things - like promotion for a start.

The more work we can do towards that end now the better.

It would make a change if we were a step or two ahead come the summer rather than a step or two behind.

Archived