Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

twist or stick tomorrow?

I'm just wondering how many Rob Kelly's there are on this forum and how many Milan Mandaric's in respect of tomorrow night's game.

There was no disguising MM's feelings on football when he talked about the Palace match and said he felt like he should have had a refund.

But Kelly's sitting at home tonight haing to decide what to do about Saturday. And I'm wondering what you'd all do in the same situation.

Kelly talked abouty our lack of tempo - not our lack of goals, shots, attackers - but our lack of tempo and presumably he'll be determined not fall short in that department tomorrow.

But how would you really tackle it. Tried and trusted, smother the opposition and hope to have enough up front to conjure up a goal or two. Alternatively would you push forward, put plenty of fire power in the team, go for the throat and trust to your players ability.

Like one or two posters have said I really cannot imagine Kelly in carefree mode. I honestly think he'll be Mr Sensible, Mr Hard-to-Beat, Mr Predictable whatever.

And it is a funny feeling still wanting him to win if he does that because, presumably, he'll still be in his job (a win would enable us to forget Saturday's result said MM) and that will mean more of the same organised, strangling but boring football to come.

And if he broke with beliefs and really committed to attack would it be any consolation to most should he lose - or even to Kelly himself. How many, I wonder, really care about the manner of victory rather than the result, especially against Leeds?.

So how would you all make us win? With Kelly's caution or MM's assumed positive football, his flamboyance and his undiluted self-belief?. And could MM make those qualities work with our players if it was his call and how might he do it?

It's not the easiest position for Kelly. But with a rolling one-year contract, it does have its compensations, I suppose!

I'm just wondering how many Rob Kelly's there are on this forum and how many Milan Mandaric's in respect of tomorrow night's game.

There was no disguising MM's feelings on football when he talked about the Palace match and said he felt like he should have had a refund.

But Kelly's sitting at home tonight haing to decide what to do about Saturday. And I'm wondering what you'd all do in the same situation.

Kelly talked abouty our lack of tempo - not our lack of goals, shots, attackers - but our lack of tempo and presumably he'll be determined not fall short in that department tomorrow.

But how would you really tackle it. Tried and trusted, smother the opposition and hope to have enough up front to conjure up a goal or two. Alternatively would you push forward, put plenty of fire power in the team, go for the throat and trust to your players ability.

Like one or two posters have said I really cannot imagine Kelly in carefree mode. I honestly think he'll be Mr Sensible, Mr Hard-to-Beat, Mr Predictable whatever.

And it is a funny feeling still wanting him to win if he does that because, presumably, he'll still be in his job (a win would enable us to forget Saturday's result said MM) and that will mean more of the same organised, strangling but boring football to come.

And if he broke with beliefs and really committed to attack would it be any consolation to most should he lose - or even to Kelly himself. How many, I wonder, really care about the manner of victory rathere than the result, especially against Leeds?.

So how would you all make us win? With Kelly's caution or MM's assumed positive football, his flamboyance and his undiluted self-belief?.

you ask the question but i think you know he answer :P

i am sure he knows hes got to twist ; the hand he is holding is not good enough , he also knows that

I reckon Newton'll definately go straight in . I think Tiatto might come in for either Johnson or Jarrett (hopefully johnson) and Fryatt might get a go over Horsfield.

It's what I'd do, anyway.

He should but Kelly will use him as another fantastic sub with 2 minutes to go and then never give him another chance. Same happend to Glombard and is happening to Danny!!

JUST GET RID OF HAMMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell. That's two of us want Hammond to start. He'll soon have enough support for a fan club. :D:D:D

Hammond looked good on saturday imo

so i would like to see him start

i would love it if kelly went 3-4-3 tho

Bloody hell. That's two of us want Hammond to start. He'll soon have enough support for a fan club. :D:D:D

lol

We need all the pace we can get in the side. The only real attacking threat we've had in the last two matches has come from Porter in the first half at Southend and Hammond as sub in both games in my opinion.

Twist.

Maybury's fit, so replace Stearman with him, we had a pretty solid back-line.

Either get Hughes out completely or put him in his preferred position.

He would never do it but play Hume in midfield, with either yeates or Newton starting on the right.

Hammond and Fryatt(if fit) starting, Pace and Power from Hammond; and Technique, and Finishing(hopefully) from Fryatt.

He should twist in my opinion, but I'm quite sure he will stick to his negative ways.

I agree. Kelly has been far to predictable in the past and I think he will continue to be. <_<

I along with other posters belive that Newton should be straight in to the side. Hughes has been awful lately from what I have seen and heard. He constantly cuts insdie and gives us no width and leaves us short when the opposition is attacking down the left.

Jarret, for all the running he does is still not a good 'footballer'. I think Weso should be given another chance to be honest. At Craven Cottage he was excellent after coming on. He battles hard and can pick a pass, unlike Johnson who can still not find a team mate within 5 yards.

I still hope that Kelly will risk putting Hume in AM. With Weso behind him I think he'd be able to get into a lot more positions where he feels comfortable and threatening. If Fryatt is unfit it's even more unlikely this will happen, Kelly has shown no faith in DC or Hammond from the start for that matter.

Things need to be changed of course. Will they ? I doubt it.

I reckon Newton'll definately go straight in. I think Tiatto might come in for either Johnson or Jarrett (hopefully johnson) and Fryatt might get a go over Horsfield.

It's what I'd do, anyway.

Yes bring Fryatt back in :)

Play 2 up front and and put Hume just behind in attacking midfield.

Twist.

Maybury's fit, so replace Stearman with him, we had a pretty solid back-line.

Either get Hughes out completely or put him in his preferred position.

He would never do it but play Hume in midfield, with either yeates or Newton starting on the right.

Hammond and Fryatt(if fit) starting, Pace and Power from Hammond; and Technique, and Finishing(hopefully) from Fryatt.

Hopefully but he needws a couple of games to get back to fitness

I agree. Kelly has been far to predictable in the past and I think he will continue to be. <_<

I along with other posters belive that Newton should be straight in to the side. Hughes has been awful lately from what I have seen and heard. He constantly cuts insdie and gives us no width and leaves us short when the opposition is attacking down the left.

Jarret, for all the running he does is still not a good 'footballer'. I think Weso should be given another chance to be honest. At Craven Cottage he was excellent after coming on. He battles hard and can pick a pass, unlike Johnson who can still not find a team mate within 5 yards..........

That wouldn't be a huge problem. The problem is he drifts insde without the ball leaving us exposed/unable to attack down the the right. And he rarely passes forwards.

That wouldn't be a huge problem. The problem is he drifts insde without the ball leaving us exposed/unable to attack down the the right. And he rarely passes forwards.

That was the point I was trying to get across. Even when he does get the ball wide his next pass is back to the full back or back to the midfielder in the centre of the pitch. He rarely tries and crosses the ball for Horse etc. Another reason we need to utilise Porter more often.

Archived