Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Soho_Fox

Jean Tigana?

He could be excellent for us. Fulham were roughly in the same position as us when he took over and he got them to the Premiership, got them playing good football and brought in a few good overseas players.

I'd be wary of his expensive foreign signings though, for every Louis Saha there's a Steve Marlet.

I don't remember much of him, but it seems he signs decent young players, and apparently played attractive football.

Some players he signed and trained when at Monaco were Guily, Trezeguet and Henry, and for Fulham signed Louis Saha etc. (But then again he payed £11.5million for Steve Marlet :ph34r:)

I don't remember much of him, but it seems he signs decent young players, and apparently played attractive football.

Some players he signed and trained when at Monaco were Guily, Trezeguet and Henry, and for Fulham signed Louis Saha etc. (But then again he payed £11.5million for Steve Marlet :ph34r:)

10.5 :ph34r:

I suppose he wouldn't be a bad choice, he worked wonders at Fulham.

Plays good football and can attract good players. He also has a habit of bringing in youngsters as well as experience and IMO he showed greta judgement in bringing in Saha, not too long after Newcastle had him on loan and didnt fancy him (nor did many others).

My worry would be that he maybe doesnt know too much about football at this level and what is need to get up.

I doubt he`ll come to us anyway........

10.5 :ph34r:

I suppose he wouldn't be a bad choice, he worked wonders at Fulham.

£11.5 according to this

Plays good football and can attract good players. He also has a habit of bringing in youngsters as well as experience and IMO he showed greta judgement in bringing in Saha, not too long after Newcastle had him on loan and didnt fancy him (nor did many others).

My worry would be that he maybe doesnt know too much about football at this level and what is need to get up.

I doubt he`ll come to us anyway........

But he got Fulham promoted form this division :dunno:

£11.5 according to this

True but he hasnt managed in England for 4 years and I think he hasnt managed at this level for 6 years. Also I think the championship is getting stronger every season and is much more difficult to get out of compared to a few years back. Next season will be even more difficult but it would be great to attract a manager like Tigana at the helm

BTW we always go on about a new man in charge but whose to say that MM wont back RK??

I suggested Tigana a while back, but he's at Besiktas (I wasn't aware he had a club at the time). I'd be very surprised if he were to leave a club of their stature to come to a piss poor Midlands outfit.

However, if he's mad enough to do so i'd welcome him with open arms. He's as good a manager as we could hope for in a million years in our current position.

£11.5 according to this

The 10.5/11.5 mill for a player is irevelent here imo, as i think MM only splashed out 4million in total while at Pompey, i could and probably am completely wrong though.

I suggested Tigana a while back, but he's at Besiktas (I wasn't aware he had a club at the time). I'd be very surprised if he were to leave a club of their stature to come to a piss poor Midlands outfit.

However, if he's mad enough to do so i'd welcome him with open arms. He's as good a manager as we could hope for in a million years in our current position.

He is indeed at Beskitas and has been for awhile, so forrggettt it.

Hmm I doubt Tigana will be coming here in the summer, I mean, the club he's currently at are miles better than what we are and he'd be extremely crazy to consider leaving them and coming to an erratic, inconsistent club complete with piss-poor personnel such as ourselves.

MM was reportedly lining up Dowie to replace Kelly, and look how that panned out. Can't see it.

Was he the one with a straw in his mouth all the time?

Edit on Wiki - Tigana is well-known for is near-addictive consumption of toothpicks when on the bench.

As a manager, he prefers signing younger players and training them to be football stars, rather than signing players who are already stars. While managing AS Monaco FC, he was effective in training Thierry Henry, Ludovic Giuly and David Trezeguet. Similarly, he signed very young and promising players for Beşiktaş J.K., such as Burak Yilmaz, Gokhan Gulec, Fahri Tatan, Matias Delgado and Bobo as well as trying to improve younger players who were already in the squad before he arrived such as Gokhan Zan, Ibrahim Akin and Mehmet Sedef.

_39000497_matchstick_gi200x245.jpg <<< proof

Was he the one with a straw in his mouth all the time?

Edit on Wiki - Tigana is well-known for is near-addictive consumption of toothpicks when on the bench.

As a manager, he prefers signing younger players and training them to be football stars, rather than signing players who are already stars. While managing AS Monaco FC, he was effective in training Thierry Henry, Ludovic Giuly and David Trezeguet. Similarly, he signed very young and promising players for Beşiktaş J.K., such as Burak Yilmaz, Gokhan Gulec, Fahri Tatan, Matias Delgado and Bobo as well as trying to improve younger players who were already in the squad before he arrived such as Gokhan Zan, Ibrahim Akin and Mehmet Sedef.

In the word's of the Virgin Mary:

"come again?"

I think we have just found Thracians new favourite candidate to take over the managerial position from Rob Kelly.

Archived