Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Soho_Fox

Jean Tigana?

He is Technical Director of football at the Turkish club. His flair for acquiring young unproven players and developing them in to stars is much needed at Beşiktaş. The club has no money at all, it has a number of expensive Brazilians on its books and simply can' buy anyone. They have also been in trouble with the TFA and had to play a recent cup game without the benefit of their vociferous fans. It is a very tough job he has at this club, although he is doing OK and the standard is much higher. Could depends if he/his family is happy living there or not.

Got this from a Turkish friend (Tumek) a Policeman in Istanbul. he's a good chap, corrupt as buggery, but decent sort all the same.

I think we have just found Thracians new favourite candidate to take over the managerial position from Rob Kelly.

Nah.

Roeder is the man to represent the academy boys at first team level. After all, Roeder has had a whole army of academy players in the squad since he took over. lol

Sure they were enforced... but we had an injury crisis that probably warranted drafted in a few young'uns ... instead we played crap players out of position. :ph34r:

Nah.

Roeder is the man to represent the academy boys at first team level. After all, Roeder has had a whole army of academy players in the squad since he took over. lol

Sure they were enforced... but we had an injury crisis that probably warranted drafted in a few young'uns ... instead we played crap players out of position. :ph34r:

Roeder would do it if he was forced to which is good because Kelly disadvantages the team by playing players out of position, but Tigana actually does it out of choice and it is his mentality. He wants to personally develop them and bring them through, turning them into the stars which they have the potential to be. And he doesn't have to be forced into it to do it. I think Thracian would vote Tigana over Roeder. :ph34r:

He is Technical Director of football at the Turkish club. His flair for acquiring young unproven players and developing them in to stars is much needed at Beşiktaş. The club has no money at all, it has a number of expensive Brazilians on its books and simply can' buy anyone. They have also been in trouble with the TFA and had to play a recent cup game without the benefit of their vociferous fans. It is a very tough job he has at this club, although he is doing OK and the standard is much higher. Could depends if he/his family is happy living there or not.

Got this from a Turkish friend (Tumek) a Policeman in Istanbul. he's a good chap, corrupt as buggery, but decent sort all the same.

lollollol

Quality, absolute quality :thumbup:

I believe every word of that, especially the corrupt bit lol

I think we have just found Thracians new favourite candidate to take over the managerial position from Rob Kelly.

It's an interesting thought. It takes a special type of coach to help young players through the final barriers to being a quality professional even when they have the talent and one of the major attributes is having faith in them, understanding the turmoils of young minds, and making sure they get proper and appropriate opportunities, among a few dozen other things.

Our club and our fans have been too easily satisfied for too long.

The credit they give to people who are metaphorically pissing on the shirt has to be believed and they give it because they are always hopeful about a new signing, always inclined to give him a chance, always respectful cos he's been in the Premiership and therefore "must be good".

But, my life, that hopefulness does cloud good judgement in all of us. Before signing any loanee the first question I'd ask is why? Why is he not in the mother club's team and why do they want him to go somewhere else.

There may be sensible and positive reasons. But when players are in the 28-33 years bracket, then if they're not returning from injury, I would always be suspicious.

Younger players are invariably fitter, faster, more adaptable and more ambitious. Choose them well and they'll climb mountains for you. Tigana does seem to have had that effect at times but I've not followed his career closely enough to be sure of him.

I suggested Tigana a while back, but he's at Besiktas (I wasn't aware he had a club at the time). I'd be very surprised if he were to leave a club of their stature to come to a piss poor Midlands outfit.

However, if he's mad enough to do so i'd welcome him with open arms. He's as good a manager as we could hope for in a million years in our current position.

We may as well talk to ourselves mate.

It's an interesting thought. It takes a special type of coach to help young players through the final barriers to being a quality professional even when they have the talent and one of the major attributes is having faith in them, understanding the turmoils of young minds, and making sure they get proper and appropriate opportunities, among a few dozen other things.

Our club and our fans have been too easily satisfied for too long.

The credit they give to people who are metaphorically pissing on the shirt has to be believed and they give it because they are always hopeful about a new signing, always inclined to give him a chance, always respectful cos he's been in the Premiership and therefore "must be good".

But, my life, that hopefulness does cloud good judgement in all of us. Before signing any loanee the first question I'd ask is why? Why is he not in the mother club's team and why do they want him to go somewhere else.

There may be sensible and positive reasons. But when players are in the 28-33 years bracket, then if they're not returning from injury, I would always be suspicious.

Younger players are invariably fitter, faster, more adaptable and more ambitious. Choose them well and they'll climb mountains for you. Tigana does seem to have had that effect at times but I've not followed his career closely enough to be sure of him.

You have a point, but you fail to mention that these 28-33 year old players wouldn't have got to where they are today without being the best youngsters at their clubs and proving they could cut it in professional football. It's easy to criticise players such as Stephen Hughes, Jason Jarrett, Matty Fryatt, Geoff Horsfield, etc but for them to have even got to where they are today, they must have been one hell of a good footballer at youth level to get the chance because you believe youngsters are discriminated against at a lot of clubs.

With our track record when we both dismiss rumours, usually mean they'll come to fruition. The Fryatt transfer last season was amusing. Both of us were quite abrupt in our manner when people thought we had a realistic chance of getting Fryatt. A few weeks later and he pitched up at Leicester! :Dlol

Let's hope Tigana ends up here somehow, highly unlikely though.

With our track record when we both dismiss rumours, usually mean they'll come to fruition. The Fryatt transfer last season was amusing. Both of us were quite abrupt in our manner when people thought we had a realistic chance of getting Fryatt. A few weeks later and he pitched up at Leicester! :Dlol

Let's hope Tigana ends up here somehow, highly unlikely though.

I'll be amazed, we've got to sack **** wit first and thats harldy guranteed to happen any time soon.

You have a point, but you fail to mention that these 28-33 year old players wouldn't have got to where they are today without being the best youngsters at their clubs and proving they could cut it in professional football. It's easy to criticise players such as Stephen Hughes, Jason Jarrett, Matty Fryatt, Geoff Horsfield, etc but for them to have even got to where they are today, they must have been one hell of a good footballer at youth level to get the chance because you believe youngsters are discriminated against at a lot of clubs.

To be specific about the four you mentioned (even Fryatt who is way under the 28-33 bracket):

a) Hughes may yet fare better under a more inspiring manager who find precisely the right role for him and a decent team to put around him but at Leicester he's been disappointing and largely ineffective as an attacking force. That fact has been a mjaor brake on our potential to progress.

b) Jarrett. I've no idea how good he was at youth level but he's certainly ineffective at Championship level. He's what I call a middleman...neither a tenacious defender nor an influential attacker. Nothing sets him apart.

c) Fryatt. I still have every hope for him when he's fit and well managed. That doesn't mean he's not a limited footballer,which he clearly is. Fryatt has so much to work on its untrue but with the right attitude and manager he's still at the right age to have a chance. If, like an alcoholic with drink, he first admits that he's limited and therefore acknowledges that he needs to work tirelessly to improve.

d) Horsfield. Whatever he might have been as a youngster with his undoubted strength has long gone. He reminds me of an illustrious old steam engine. There was always a reluctance to scrap em. But he's simply lost the athleticism, the bounce, the yard of sharpness he needs to be effective.

Some are good at youth level, some don't really emerge til later but what's important is not what they did years ago but what they're doing now. On a scale of 1-10 I say Hughes this season ranked 6, Jarrett 4, Fryatt 1 and Horsfield 1. However good they were as kids.

I get no pleasure out of those assessments. I wish they'd all done well.

It could depend on whether his more interested in money than current prestige, didn't he fall out with Fayad over his earnings/dealings?

The toothpick does it for me. Any bloke who struts around with a toothpick must be taken seriously. With his intimidating appearance he’ll strike fear into the players making them perform entirely with his tough guy persona.

wwf%20razor%20ramon.jpg

Apparently he's entering the Foxestalk Royal Rumble.

Impressive.

No match for Jme I'm afraid.

Indeed he isn't. He'd not stand a chance against me. I'm feeling in great physical condition 'cos I've been redoubling my efforts when training as of late, and I think I'm a great lad... What?? This isn't a thread about Rob Kelly? Oh for ****s sake. :angry:

Jean Tigana is a good gaffer, very experienced, likes developing youth players (which Milan also likes, as does Thracian) and has experienced promotion from this division. There's no way he'll come to us lol.

We'll have to wait an extra year until he comes then :cool::P

Indeed he isn't. He'd not stand a chance against me. I'm feeling in great physical condition 'cos I've been redoubling my efforts when training as of late, and I think I'm a great lad... What?? This isn't a thread about Rob Kelly? Oh for ****s sake. :angry:

Jean Tigana is a good gaffer, very experienced, likes developing youth players (which Milan also likes, as does Thracian) and has experienced promotion from this division. There's no way he'll come to us lol .

This would be instrumental in securing the services of Jean Tigana :ph34r:

Probably just light specualtion but I for one would love to see him here. He would bring experience in England and a good track record generally. Probably not going to come though, just another useless rumour. <_<

Archived