Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dames

Billy Jones

Just read he's out of contract at the end of the season.

He's shit hot and do you reckon we should go for him?

He can Play in Defence or Midfield and would be an improvement on the options we have there.

He's essentially a defender and we have other areas that are far more shaky than the back four... whats more why get involved in a bidding war with prem clubs, good player but not one we need at the moment.

I've bought him every season in the last 4 incarnations of Football/Championship Manager.

So he MUST be good, right?

i was going to say i buy him practically all the time on FM steady at every level on there get him in

Stoke City made a transfer window approach for Crewe star Billy Jones, Alex manager Dario Gradi revealed today.

Potters boss Tony Pulis stepped up his interest in the former England under-19s captain in January having tracked him for several weeks.

Gradi insisted the Shrewsbury-based defender saw out his contract while Crewe faced a potential relegation battle, but believes Pulis may renew his interest in the summer when Jones is free to leave.

He said: "Stoke wanted to buy Billy before the transfer deadline, but I didn't want to sell him because of the threat of relegation.

"They mentioned what sort of figure they would be looking at and we talked about the amount of money they would offer.

"While it wasn't enough to warrant selling him, it was half decent.

"I think Billy's dad would like him to stay at home, so a move to Stoke might suit him in the summer."

Jones has attracted healthy scouting interest since he was placed on the transfer list last October after turning down the offer of a new contract at the Alexandra Stadium.

Gradi hopes to avoid having a transfer tribunal set a fee for Jones by hammering out a more realistic compensation fee - possibly around the £750,000 mark - with an interested club.

He has spoken to Everton boss David Moyes, while Manchester City are known long-term admirers of Jones.

But Gradi admitted: "He could be going to Stoke, although he is good enough to play in the Premiership.

"We know there are other clubs watching him, including some from the Premiership."

Pulis today confirmed: "Yes, we were interested in the lad and we did make an inquiry, but there was no offer.

"The money Dario wanted was far in excess of what we think he is worth. Since then we have been looking elsewhere.

"The one thing I don't want to do at Stoke City is get involved in any kind of auction for players."

Would be seriously interested in him, but have a sneaky feeling he may end up at a Prem Club although the lure of first-team football at a (hopefully) progressing team like Leicester might appeal. Reckon we'd need to have a manager in place (apart from R. Kelly) by then though. Because of his contract situation, he'll go quite early in the summer.

Stoke seemed to be much more ambitious than us and there loan signings are an example of this. I just hope that we have someone in place to tempt the Bosmans like Jones to our club because potentially we could be saving millions in the transfer market by attracting players like him. My fear will be that as a player someone like Jones looks at the names that a club like Stoke have added over the months (Delap, Hendrie, Matteo, Griffin, Diao, Lawrence, Berger) and then our efforts (Horsfield, Glombard Tricity, Yeates) as decides that he has more chance of success with them as aposed to us.

It would be good but he's not really the sort of player we desperately need at the moment. Creativity in midfield must surely be priority.

To be honest i think we need both. Need a ball winner and a creative player.

Archived