Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Stoke vs Leicester

Kelly Rings The Changes

City boss Rob Kelly has made four changes to his starting line up for the Championship clash against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium.

In come Richard Stearman, Andy Johnson, Danny Tiatto and Elvis Hammond for Nisse Johansson, Stephen Hughes, Mark Yeates and Geoff Horsfield.

Tiatto comes in for his first league start since the Colchester game in January, while Johnson returns to the starting line up after missing the QPR clash with a neck injury.

A back four of Stearman, Patrick Kisnorbo, Darren Kenton and Alan Maybuy will play in front of goalkeeper Paul Henderson for the Foxes.

Shaun Newton, Jason Jarrett, Johnson and Tiatto will make up the Leicester midfield from right to left, with Iain Hume and Hammond named in attack.

Matty Fryatt makes a welcome return from a foot/ankle injury with a place on the bench alongside Levi Porter, Hughes, Johansson and Conrad Logan.

Leicester: Henderson, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Kenton, Maybury, Newton, Johnson, Jarrett, Tiatto, Hammond, Hume.

Subs: Logan, Porter, Hughes, Johansson, Fryatt

Stoke: to follow

Kelly Rings The Changes

City boss Rob Kelly has made four changes to his starting line up for the Championship clash against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium.

In come Richard Stearman, Andy Johnson, Danny Tiatto and Elvis Hammond for Nisse Johansson, Stephen Hughes, Mark Yeates and Geoff Horsfield.

Tiatto comes in for his first league start since the Colchester game in January, while Johnson returns to the starting line up after missing the QPR clash with a neck injury.

A back four of Stearman, Patrick Kisnorbo, Darren Kenton and Alan Maybuy will play in front of goalkeeper Paul Henderson for the Foxes.

Shaun Newton, Jason Jarrett, Johnson and Tiatto will make up the Leicester midfield from right to left, with Iain Hume and Hammond named in attack.

Matty Fryatt makes a welcome return from a foot/ankle injury with a place on the bench alongside Levi Porter, Hughes, Johansson and Conrad Logan.

Leicester: Henderson, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Kenton, Maybury, Newton, Johnson, Jarrett, Tiatto, Hammond, Hume.

Subs: Logan, Porter, Hughes, Johansson, Fryatt

Stoke: to follow

Kill me.

Kill me now.

I'd have thought Tiatto in the middle and Yeates on the left would have been a better option. :dunno:

Maybury at left back!? :blink::(

I'd have thought Tiatto in the middle and Yeates on the left would have been a better option. :dunno:

Maybury at left back!? :blink::(

I insist Horsefield instead of Hammond is a big step in itself. Were Weso instead of AJ, I'd be happy

Why does he insist on dumping Nissa every time he feels it's necessary to mix it up a bit, it usually proves disastrous - now I'm not a big Nissa fan but he's the best we've got at LB?

Cue a rousing performance and a goal from Maybury.

The other changes I can understand obviously needs Stearman to replace Maybury and Johnson for Hughes is Hobson's choice, Horsefield has been shite, whilst Tiatto is his away day special, bung another hassler in.

Why does he insist on dumping Nissa every time he feels it's necessary to mix it up a bit, it usually proves disastrous - now I'm not a big Nissa fan but he's the best we've got at LB?

The other changes I can understand obviously needs Stearman to replace Maybury and Johnson for Hughes is Hobson's choice, Horsefield has been shite, whilst Tiatto is his away day special, bung another hassler in.

Wonder if Kelly was a wartime general, where Andy Johnson would figure in his plans of a bunch of warriors.

Predictable enough. Kelly's going for combative attrition and hoping the strength, speed and busy approach of Hammond/Hume can pinch something.

Seriously dogged in the manner of Wolves and Burnley away. Kelly will be in his element with that team. Not an 'appeth of midfield creativity and he'll try to frustrate Stoke then bring on Fryatt and Porter to try and pinch something.

It's perhaps even his best chance but I'll be amazed if it works. Too many changes in defence, too many weaknesses in defence and if Stoke really go for it I can't see anything but a grade A struggle.

And Stoke will attack if they're well advised. Kill the game before half-time and before Kelly gets the chance to play with any serious attacking intent apart from possible breakaway goals due to the speed and willing persistence of the two strikers.

I think the line-up reflects Kelly's belief that a draw will be perfectly acceptable to him and if we have to concede the initiative in our pursuit of a tight game, fair enough.

Good luck to Kelly but I can't see it working with so many changes. some of which seem unnecessary and illogical.

I guess Hughes instead of Newton would have been worse.

But that team is about as low as it gets in terms of creativity and goals.

Don't know. I don't know. Even the bench looks good to me (it should because the ones who should play are there) but its better than the shit we've seen this season.

I agree, it's as if Nisse is to blame even when he is playing well. Putting a right back at left back who isn't playing well at the minute anyway in his natural posistion isn't going to solve the problem.

Archived