Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Can someone tell me what Hughes did wrong today?

He was always looking for the ball and never hid and despite a lack of quality movement he tried to make things happen. He had a bad 5 minute period and as soon as he made a mistake the abuse started. Still he rose above it and had our only effort on goal int he first half after Hume and Hammond ran away from any responsibility.

At the start of the second half he started to drift inside to give us a bit of creativity as Jarrett and the Thug lumbered around doing nowt.

Still despite being in the top 3 performers today behind Maybury and Fryatt he gets slaughtered because people can't have a go a Porter or Stearman as thay would make them bad fans.

Everybody has slated Stearman and people are defending Porter because he is one of very few who has even looked like creating something in pretty much every league game before today. I wouldn't worry anyway Barton, Kelly will always stick with Hughes.

He was always looking for the ball and never hid and despite a lack of quality movement he tried to make things happen. He had a bad 5 minute period and as soon as he made a mistake the abuse started. Still he rose above it and had our only effort on goal int he first half after Hume and Hammond ran away from any responsibility.

At the start of the second half he started to drift inside to give us a bit of creativity as Jarrett and the Thug lumbered around doing nowt.

Still despite being in the top 3 performers today behind Maybury and Fryatt he gets slaughtered because people can't have a go a Porter or Stearman as thay would make them bad fans.

You seriously need to give up alcohol.

Fact.

Is this the one that he sent careering over the bar?

Apart from the time he made a fantastic run into the box and was unlucky not to score of course :rolleyes: And doesnt that pretty much summarize what i said in my last post about him playing in a shit team and not being given enough of the ball. maybe that has something to do with squirrel brain hughes in the middle of the park doin sweet FA.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Take off the blue tinted for pitys sake. Great run my arse, he cut in and then blasted it at an already covered near post. During that phase he could have squared it to 2 players on the 6 yard line or even what all kids are taught shot across goal. Yet people applauded him for it, bar a few round me who booed him :laugh:

To be honest I think Kisnorbo should take them remember takeing the freekick for cadermateri to score.Mybe he could do the same with coners?

OK idea but then Kisnorbo is the threat in the air. Hughes, Yeates, Porter and Tiatto are midfielders they have been trained in that area and go out on the training field every day and practice it. They shouldnt shelve the responsibility to the defenders. They should be able to put a decent ball in now and again - that's what they're paid to do after all. If you're working in a bank you dont say ' hey stuff it the journalists'll do it do you?'

Hughes gave his best performance for some games today, and if he'd been in central midfield I've have no complaints, apart from him passing back to Henderson slightly more than necessary. He did drift out of position and leave Stearman exposed, and had periods where he looked as dire as he has in previous matches, but sometimes he was pretty decent, good even. And he looked up for it, for a change. But there's no denying the man is not a right-winger, and is definately out of position too much, leaving Stearman exposed.

At the same time, Barton, it's all very well claiming people are seeing what they want to see with Hughes whilst overlooking the fact that Jarrett and Tiatto had better games than him.

Levi was the worst player on the pitch simply because he was ineffectual. Whether or not he has bags of ability, whatever your opinion, it's difficult to argue that he contributed anything more than a shot on target and the very occasional outlet for Maybury the entire game. He was starved of balls, but there has to be a reason for that. It isn't like every player on the pitch doesn't want to pass to him.

I haven't seen great marks for him around here. Anyways I don't agree that Hughes should be sold this summer. I think he needs to be more consistent and played less out of position but that will come with better coaching and a proper manager. In this particular game, I would expect him to get targeted by fans if he didn't do his job as a right winger. Finally I'd like to point out that the Actim Index, which kind of indicates how effective a player is per position rates/d Porter as being a lot better than Hughes despite the age difference. I think yes Academy products should be given preferential treatment assuming they make the grade in quality. And Porter can get a lot better.

Hughes gave his best performance for some games today, and if he'd been in central midfield I've have no complaints, apart from him passing back to Henderson slightly more than necessary. He did drift out of position and leave Stearman exposed, and had periods where he looked as dire as he has in previous matches, but sometimes he was pretty decent, good even. And he looked up for it, for a change. But there's no denying the man is not a right-winger, and is definately out of position too much, leaving Stearman exposed.

At the same time, Barton, it's all very well claiming people are seeing what they want to see with Hughes whilst overlooking the fact that Jarrett and Tiatto had better games than him.

Levi was the worst player on the pitch simply because he was ineffectual. Whether or not he has bags of ability, whatever your opinion, it's difficult to argue that he contributed anything more than a shot on target and the very occasional outlet for Maybury the entire game. He was starved of balls, but there has to be a reason for that. It isn't like every player on the pitch doesn't want to pass to him.

Behave, what did they do, both carthorses who couldn't pass water or wind. They have bigger turning circles than the QE2.

Apart from the time he made a fantastic run into the box and was unlucky not to score of course :rolleyes: And doesnt that pretty much summarize what i said in my last post about him playing in a shit team and not being given enough of the ball. maybe that has something to do with squirrel brain hughes in the middle of the park doin sweet FA.

Kisnorobo played him in very well for that chance, and Levi blew his chance - should have squared it or at least gone accross the keeper. I do like Porter but I thought he was terrible today, and that was nothing to do with Hughes.

I'm by no means a Stephen Hughes fan, but he was better than Porter today.

I haven't seen great marks for him around here. Anyways I don't agree that Hughes should be sold this summer. I think he needs to be more consistent and played less out of position but that will come with better coaching and a proper manager. In this particular game, I would expect him to get targeted by fans if he didn't do his job as a right winger. Finally I'd like to point out that the Actim Index, which kind of indicates how effective a player is per position rates/d Porter as being a lot better than Hughes despite the age difference. I think yes Academy products should be given preferential treatment assuming they make the grade in quality. And Porter can get a lot better.

He'll never play in the Champion's League or UEFA Cup, nor will he get a game at another Championship side.

Behave, what did they do, both carthorses who couldn't pass water or wind. They have bigger turning circles than the QE2.

Jarrett made a goalsaving tackle and set up Fryatt with a good through-ball, and Tiatto closed down everything in sight and prevented them passing us off the park. Their work rates were both excellent.

I think maybury playing left back doesnt help him get in the game. He's a lot better when Skils plays there.

I've agreed with a few things you've said in this thread, but I thought that Jarrett and Tiatto had good games today. :dunno:

He'll never play in the Champion's League or UEFA Cup, nor will he get a game at another Championship side.

Oh come on. If doesn't become a better player next year I promise I'll smell the priest's fart

Jarrett made a goalsaving tackle and set up Fryatt with a good through-ball, and Tiatto closed down everything in sight and prevented them passing us off the park. Their work rates were both excellent.

Jarrett was posted missing for the first half hour the game passed him by and Tiatto was a thug who was lucky not to get sent off.

I'll give you the tackle on Barnes it was a beaut :thumbup:

The problem with Hughes is there is no hustle or bustle about him. Thats fine in the SPL, you can get away with it, but the Championship is more competitive. I won't deny you Barton, that Hughes can probably pass better than Jarrett or Tiatto, but can you really tell me that he ever burst forward like they did. I don't like Jarrett particularly but at least he tries to rectify any errors he makes. I know Hughes isn't a winger and people could forgive him for not exactly throwing in quality crosses but not once did I see Hughes get to the by-line or rush back to cover Stearman, and Stearman certainly needed cover considering his personal horror show. I'm soory but Hughes is one of the longer serving players at the club and not once has he lived up to the reputation he brought with him for Rangers. Times up Hughesy!

Was the second one ten foot wide from just outside the 18 yard box i could have hit the target from there with twice as much power :frusty:

Ah yes, the one where Jarrett fell over himself, Hammond and Hume ran off in to 2 seperate clusters of Derby players and he hit it with his left foot.

Funnily enough I have noticed the only 2 players readily willing to play with both feet are the much maligned Maybury and Hughes :whistle:

You keep going on about "a bad 5 minutes",wtf are you on about,when he got the ball he shit himself and turned to pass back,the ball slipped under his feet numerous times,he was far too casual at times allowing Derby players too swarm all over him,His corners were awful,the time he had for that shot he had in the 1st half he should have done alot better,he has no conviction about his play at all and your saying he was our top 3 performer!!your a joke and im guessing your on here just to wind people up.

The problem with Hughes is there is no hustle or bustle about him. Thats fine in the SPL, you can get away with it, but the Championship is more competitive. I won't deny you Barton, that Hughes can probably pass better than Jarrett or Tiatto, but can you really tell me that he ever burst forward like they did. I don't like Jarrett particularly but at least he tries to rectify any errors he makes. I know Hughes isn't a winger and people could forgive him for not exactly throwing in quality crosses but not once did I see Hughes get to the by-line or rush back to cover Stearman, and Stearman certainly needed cover considering his personal horror show. I'm soory but Hughes is one of the longer serving players at the club and not once has he lived up to the reputation he brought with him for Rangers. Times up Hughesy!

Jesus, the SPL is more bang and clatter than this division.

I see the back tracking has begun :thumbup:

Archived