Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Can someone tell me what Hughes did wrong today?

Ah yes, the one where Jarrett fell over himself, Hammond and Hume ran off in to 2 seperate clusters of Derby players and he hit it with his left foot.

Funnily enough I have noticed the only 2 players readily willing to play with both feet are the much maligned Maybury and Hughes :whistle:

Doesnt excuse the fact that hughes couldnt hit a pigs arse with a banjo as proven today

Hughes is shit, he has had a piss poor season and it wasnt any better last season. He can't even pass a ball and he always passes it back to the keeper. Fook of back to Scotland, East Stirling wouldnt even want you in their squad.

I think maybury playing left back doesnt help him get in the game. He's a lot better when Skils plays there.

Agree there, he always looks miles better with Johansson, who's the better Left-back too. Don't quite see the logic behind playing Maybury there. Probably so Stearman can be shoe-horned in in the hope that he shows some improvement.

Jarrett was posted missing for the first half hour the game passed him by and Tiatto was a thug who was lucky not to get sent off.

I'll give you the tackle on Barnes it was a beaut :thumbup:

Tiatto is a bit thuggish, but who gives a shit? He's a limited player (as is Jarrett) but he works well within those limitations - By flattening everyone in sight.

If he hadn't been playing, Derby would have had acres more space in the middle and players like Barnes would have totally raped us.

Hughes is doubtless more skilled, but also more often ineffective. If the new manager (surely its inevitable?) is the kind to give players a boot up the arse, I fully expect him to play a role in a team challenging for promotion. At the moment, though, he's not always giving 100% and is easily flummoxed by physical play.

I was a fan of Huges last season thought he would come on this season but his crap corners,passing it back instead of comeing forward and his sky high shots have done it for me his crap send back to Scotland.

I don't like Hughes as much as anybody but I think picking out points such as passing back to the keeper is not his fault.

Our team's movement is dire and generally there are very few passes available except ones back to the keeper.

I don't like Hughes as much as anybody but I think picking out points such as passing back to the keeper is not his fault.

Our team's movement is dire and generally there are very few passes available except ones back to the keeper.

Explain his crap corners to me then at least try to lift the ball instead of passing it into the box. :@

no but it is when all he does is get the ball and run back towards henderson

Well then he desevers some of the banter he is getting then.

That's the only point I picked out. :frusty:

What did Hughes do wrong?

Right, well first of all he drifted out of position several times (leaving Stearman exposed, making him look a lot worse than he actually was - and this bollocks about us loving academy products, rubbish. Stearman was roundly booed and hes an academy lad).

Secondly, when he gets the balls and sees players running at him, he doesnt try and take them on or anything- he turns round and goes backwards. i dont care if hes not a winger hes meant to be creative.

Thirdly, hes lazy. He strolls around, he not quick enough, hes that skinny it almost looks like hes un-coordinated or just very slow when hes runnng and that is not what is needed in the hustle and bustle of the Championship. He needs to put some weight on- lets face it he wont lose pace because to lose pace you have to have it in the first place. He just isnt strong enough and gets pushed off the ball.

You say he asks for the ball or takes responsibility- well i wouldnt call taking responsibility turning backwards and going back to the keeper would you?

We all know he has the ability so why isnt he showing it Barton? We know hes a decent player, we know he can pass it, we know he has a good engine, so why doesnt he show it to us?

You're fighting a losing battle Barton. When he first came he looked a player and that ability doesnt disappear, so he must be happy to collect his pay cheque at the end of the week- not what we need and i doubt he'll be here or much longer. He's had his chance already.

What did Hughes do wrong?

Right, well first of all he drifted out of position several times (leaving Stearman exposed, making him look a lot worse than he actually was - and this bollocks about us loving academy products, rubbish. Stearman was roundly booed and hes an academy lad).

Stearman was pish regardless of whether Hughes was there or not and I don't remember Stearman getting skinned much at all. The fact was young Dickie couldn't do a thing right, hardly Hughes's fault is it?

Well it is because we need a scapegoat.

Secondly, when he gets the balls and sees players running at him, he doesnt try and take them on or anything- he turns round and goes backwards. i dont care if hes not a winger hes meant to be creative.

So retaining possession is a bad thing? As has been identified by one of Hughes's detractors there was no movement for playing forward. But we can't slag off Hume as he is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMEEEEEE

Thirdly, hes lazy.

Yip always wanting the ball and making yourself available, that'll be lazy. Perhaps if he had hid and used the excuse that Derby players were closing him down then he'd be getting plaudits :dunno:

He strolls around, he not quick enough, hes that skinny it almost looks like hes un-coordinated or just very slow when hes runnng and that is not what is needed in the hustle and bustle of the Championship. He needs to put some weight on- lets face it he wont lose pace because to lose pace you have to have it in the first place. He just isnt strong enough and gets pushed off the ball.

He's more mobile than Jarrett, Johnson, Tiatto, Porter and Wesolowski, so you can label all of those guys with no pace. As for strength just because he doesn't lunge in knee high a la Tiatto and Jarrett it doesn't make him weak.

You say he asks for the ball or takes responsibility- well i wouldnt call taking responsibility turning backwards and going back to the keeper would you?

See above somewhere for your answer.

We all know he has the ability so why isnt he showing it Barton? We know hes a decent player, we know he can pass it, we know he has a good engine, so why doesnt he show it to us?

The team has no creative movement (apart from Fryatt) so what can you do? The lack of fitness all round doesn't help either. You clearly recognise as do a few others he has the ability and with a decent manager you'll see a very good player, guarenteed.

You're fighting a losing battle Barton.

:worship:

I can't believe the ironic cheers when he went off, yes good piece of loyalty that!

It's for the manager to substitute him. No doubt i'll get the old people going on about how 'i've paid for this ticket' jibber jabber but how would you like to walk into work and have 5 random people stand next to you all day, and everytime u do something right sarcastically cheer.

We are stuck with this guy until the end of the season, Kelly will play him, why will he want to move an inch next game?

I can't believe the ironic cheers when he went off, yes good piece of loyalty that!

It's for the manager to substitute him. No doubt i'll get the old people going on about how 'i've paid for this ticket' jibber jabber but how would you like to walk into work and have 5 random people stand next to you all day, and everytime u do something right sarcastically cheer.

We are stuck with this guy until the end of the season, Kelly will play him, why will he want to move an inch next game?

Because if he doesnt milan will have him out on his ear in the summer and he knows it. And dont you think he gets paid enough?

I think the bottom line with Hughes is that he is incredibly inconsistent. One minute he's playing it about and getting into good positions, others he looks like he'd struggle to get into a pub team. Like today he did indeed have some good spells. But in general he is disappointing, and above all his sense of positioning is horrendous. He so often drifts inside far too much. Reminds me very much of David Oldfield. I'd have him out in the summer. Not a player I would be looking to include in a promotion push,

He's more mobile than Jarrett, Johnson, Tiatto, Porter and Wesolowski, so you can label all of those guys with no pace. As for strength just because he doesn't lunge in knee high a la Tiatto and Jarrett it doesn't make him weak.

Thats news to me that when you jump into knee high challenges that makes you strong i thought strenght was when you could effectively hold a ball up or run with the ball without getting your one and a half stone body pushed off it like hughes.

And the emboldened quote is laughable stevie wonder could see that Porter is more mobile than Hughes.lol

Stearman was pish regardless of whether Hughes was there or not and I don't remember Stearman getting skinned much at all. The fact was young Dickie couldn't do a thing right, hardly Hughes's fault is it?

Well it is because we need a scapegoat.

So retaining possession is a bad thing? As has been identified by one of Hughes's detractors there was no movement for playing forward. But we can't slag off Hume as he is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMEEEEEE

Yip always wanting the ball and making yourself available, that'll be lazy. Perhaps if he had hid and used the excuse that Derby players were closing him down then he'd be getting plaudits :dunno:

See above somewhere for your answer.

The team has no creative movement (apart from Fryatt) so what can you do? The lack of fitness all round doesn't help either. You clearly recognise as do a few others he has the ability and with a decent manager you'll see a very good player, guarenteed.

:worship:

Right ok then Barton as we all know you can never be wrong.

Is there any point in me replying (because you're never wrong)? Probably not but i will anyway.

Stearman was shite yes. The point i was making was an ill put it in bold just for you. Stearman is an academy product and he was booed today, rubbishing your theory that we love porter because he is an academy product- if a player is shite the fans will let him know about it regardless of whether hes an academy product or not.

I dont care if he made himself available for the ball, id rather of the players gave it to someone who is actually willing to use the ball more efficiently- i.e Henderson lol

He's lazy because he runs around a lot doing not very much- reminds me a bit of Junior Lewis. As a creative player he is meant to apply some of the spark something which he seems incapable of doing (even though he has the ability, which infuriates me evn more).

More mobile than Tiatto- now you're just being silly. Hughes may be a better footballer, but Tiatto is certainly more mobile. Johnson maybe, but not Jarrett and you know this even with your Scottish tinted spectacles on.

He is certainly not more mobile than Weso (different types of players anyway) and perhaps the reason Hughes has to run around so much is because he is caught out of position so much? Just a though :dunno:

The team may not have much creative movement but the point is he is a talented player and should be orchestrating or controlling the midfield- something he never does. He should be grabbing games b the scruff of the neck, but doesnt and patience is running out.

Hughes wasn't as bad today as he has been at times, true and Porter was equally poor. Hughes had a few moments of reasonably good quality, the run through the middle, a couple of passes. But then he ruined it by the way he played the other 90% of the time - positionally woeful again, mostly poor passing (a lot of it self inflicted due to being in the wrong place. The person who he needed to pass to was err, himself 20 yards to the right... so backwards it went to Stearman, who then hoofed it straight to nowhere), dreadful corner, the shot he ended that good run with. He has a fair amount of talent and tried a bit today, but he's completely ineffective, especially on the right.

Behave, what did they do, both carthorses who couldn't pass water or wind. They have bigger turning circles than the QE2.

Tiatto had an excellent game today. He showed great determination, tremendous energy, a willingness to go where it hurt and he was forever trying to spread the play, to play simple passes and to occasionally take people on in a bid to create an opening. He competed for everything.

Derby were extremely well organised in midfield and much bigger than us but we were never overwhelmed and that was very much down to Tiatto.

He even linked well with Hughes at times but you knew there would be no worthwhile penetration down the right and that's had it worked out.

That's right because Yeates was stunning when he came on

At least I actually noticed Yeates was playing. :dunno:

Stephen Hughes high on confidence might be a fantastic player, he seems to be technically gifted to an extent that certainly exceeds the likes of Johnson. But he's always looked like a scared little boy whenever I've seen him play. I'm the same when I'm playing a sport and things start going against me, I'm prone to shell up and lose concentration and I see the same in Hughes. Poorly nurtured and quick to crumple. You can blame the club or the coaching, maybe, or maybe he just doesn't have the bollocks to be a professional footballer.

Either way, I'd rather have Yeates on the right at this point in time.

At least I actually noticed Yeates was playing. :dunno:

Stephen Hughes high on confidence might be a fantastic player, he seems to be technically gifted to an extent that certainly exceeds the likes of Johnson. But he's always looked like a scared little boy whenever I've seen him play. I'm the same when I'm playing a sport and things start going against me, I'm prone to shell up and lose concentration and I see the same in Hughes. Poorly nurtured and quick to crumple. You can blame the club or the coaching, maybe, or maybe he just doesn't have the bollocks to be a professional footballer.

Either way, I'd rather have Yeates on the right at this point in time.

You couldn't miss him with that wonderful ball he played in to L1, it was very Porteresque in it's rubbishness.

A bit like Hughes' dismal effort in the first half? You've a selective memory and an even more selective choice of what in which posts to respond to. :dunno:

You don't do yourself many favours. But then it wouldn't be so fun and controversial if you were saying things you wanted people to agree with. You'd get far less attention that way, I suppose.

Hughes was shithouse.

Every time he gets the ball he looks like a cornered rat when someone comes at him, where most players could easily get around them or make a decent pass.

He's a lightweight - whenever he gets tackled he falls over kicking and screaming - not really a great quality in a midfielder.

Fair enough that Yeates probably got less touches, but the ones he did get weren't complete pish.

Hughes was shithouse.

Every time he gets the ball he looks like a cornered rat when someone comes at him, where most players could easily get around them or make a decent pass.

He's a lightweight - whenever he gets tackled he falls over kicking and screaming - not really a great quality in a midfielder.

Fair enough that Yeates probably got less touches, but the ones he did get weren't complete pish.

The minute I saw your name next to this post I knew you'd post shite and you didn't disappoint.

Don't let that sectarian issue get in the way eh?

How anyone can say Yeates was any good is f'ckin retarded he was even worse than Porter.

Archived