Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Can someone tell me what Hughes did wrong today?

The minute I saw your name next to this post I knew you'd post shite and you didn't disappoint.

Don't let that sectarian issue get in the way eh?

How anyone can say Yeates was any good is f'ckin retarded he was even worse than Porter.

You are the king of pish

You usually think anything that is slightly bad is diabolically so, why you rise to defend Hughes to beyond me

A bit like Hughes' dismal effort in the first half? You've a selective memory and an even more selective choice of what in which posts to respond to. :dunno:

You don't do yourself many favours. But then it wouldn't be so fun and controversial if you were saying things you wanted people to agree with. You'd get far less attention that way, I suppose.

I think you'll find I acknowledged Hughes's earlier mishaps, but don't let that get in the way :thumbup: As I said he never hid and offered far more than the likes of Tiatto or Jarrett or even Levi.

Not sure why I need to do myself any favours?

As I said he never hid and offered far more than the likes of Tiatto or Jarrett or even Levi.

Levi was great, a winger in the true sense

And Tiatto's play was also good, really stood out playing next to Hughes cos the bloke can run and tackle, and pass the ball like midfielders are supposed to do.

Hughes... you are the weakest link. :goodbyefase:

1. He drifts infield toward his natural position

2. His crossing was poor

3. His passing was poor

4. His shooting was poor

5. His tracking back was poor

6. His holding play was awful

Consistently coming infield leavin Stearman exposed, shit shooting, pasisng, lack of awareness.

The big cheer when he got subbed off pretty much summed up his performance.

Not clearing the 1st man at corners, in my view is criminal all that build up for that utter shite, Hughes did this twice as well as srrolling in field looking for the ball and when he got it heading backwards.

As Bert said performance summed up by cheers when he went off.

:thumbup:

For me Hughes is not up to standard.

He has had numerous opportunities in central midfield and has consistantly failed to provide any sort of quality going forward or in defense.

In addition if you are going to play a 4-4-2 formation it is vital to the system that you have a man on each flank that can beat the full back and provide a cross / pass of quality to the players in attacking positions.

Hughes does not even attempt to beat his man, let alone provide a pass.

The fact that he keeps straying into central midfield also does not help his cause as he shows no consistant quality there either. I'm sure there have been the odd instance where he has played a decent pass but given the fact we are aiming for the stars that really is not relevant, and if we are waiting 3-4 games for one moment of quality... well..

Hughes has had numerous chances to prove his worth to our midfield and several positions and had failed to do so.

The sheer fact we have ended up with numerous midfield players in on loan to try and improve our quality there just shows that the current coaching squad can also see our desperate lack of imagination and grit coming from that vital area.

I would imagine Mr Hughes will be heading back north of the border during the close season.

It wasnt his worse game for us thats for sure. Part of it isnt his fault either as he isnt a right winger and never has been but RK continues to play him there.

Anyway, to answer the question, he didnt support Stearman enough who never had an out bal and gave it away, he didnt get down the line to cross the ball in as wingers are supposed to and he never actually went by one player. In his defence when he went into the middle on the odd occasion he did OK.

My problem with him is that he tends to drift inside too much. This is probably due to the fact our central midfield was devoid of any creativity yesterday so he kept coming infield to look for the ball, which left us a bit narrow. At least when yeates came on he stuck to the touchline - although he hardly produced anything of any real note.

Hughes is probably one of our more creative players but does tend to drift through games (much like a certain G Williams used to) without ever really showing too much of his ability.

My problem with him is that he tends to drift inside too much. This is probably due to the fact our central midfield was devoid of any creativity yesterday so he kept coming infield to look for the ball, which left us a bit narrow. At least when yeates came on he stuck to the touchline - although he hardly produced anything of any real note.

Hughes is probably one of our more creative players but does tend to drift through games (much like a certain G Williams used to) without ever really showing too much of his ability.

That's why RK picks him in that position, he wants the game to be narrow, he wants him to drift in, it suits RK's defensive mentality - that's why he chose Hughes to start instead of Yeates, who is worst anyway.

Why are people surprised when Hughes does this? - it's called tactics.

Now whether it's good or bad tactics, judging from the criticism Hughes gets for doing it you all think it's BAD tactics

So blame RK for it not Hughes

I was a bit suprised seeing Hughes such low ratings! Granted he didn't do anything special today but i saw a more committed performance to his usual crap where he looks terrified and doesn't want the ball. I think it is time he is given an ultimatum. Either show a lot more or your out in Summer!

So coming inside and trying to give the team a creative spark is wrong :dunno:

So a 5 minute period in the first half when he was pish, poor corner, poor control, poor ball to Stearman or Kenton and letting the ball under his feet and he gets slaughtered :blink::rolleyes:

I like how no one mentions the superb ball he played up to Jarrett that led to the free kick Hume hit. Who by the way people were raving about as he dollied it up for Bywater :blink:Also how the great Hume and Hammond ran away giving no options as he burst through in the first half after another great piece of comedy by Jarrett, his left footer was about the only effort in the first half :worship:

He did have the option of making an inside pass to Hammond but he rightly chose to run through and have a crack himself. He had miles of space around him so passing it would've been daft, wouldn't it? Too bad his shooting yesterday was wayward. It certainly wasn't worth bowing to as you suggest :mellow:

Hughes is not a good player. Gives the ball away softly, not a good passer, can shoot half the time buts that's about it! I especially don't like him on the right, or Maybury for that matter!

Behave, what did they do, both carthorses who couldn't pass water or wind. They have bigger turning circles than the QE2.

Were u not watching yesterday tiatto and jarrett were both v v good yest. atleast we had some fight in the middle of the park for once, both not afraid to challenge, both come back and defend well and both get forward well.

Hughes was v poor yest as he has been in a fair few games this season, he is to lightweight on the ball, to negative, poor at passing and v poor at shooting. he runs around alot doing nothing. yeh sure he isnt a winger but if ur played there then atleast try and play there.

And as for his corners and all the corners we take they are never v good. They either never get them over the 1st defender, or there too long to too far out.

I think it was disgusting the way the crowd cheered when Hughes was subbed. Why they've chosen to get on his back I've no idea?!

OK Hughes had another relatively poor game - he is never a right winger though!

He's the one player in that team who is not afraid to come and take the ball off the centre backs and try and make something happen. He never hides when the going gets tough (and hell your own fans jeering you must be pretty hard to take) and still tries to make things happen (are you watching Andy Johnson?) via neat pass and move football.

My only conclusion is this - the vast majority of our supporters are morons.

I think it was disgusting the way the crowd cheered when Hughes was subbed. Why they've chosen to get on his back I've no idea?!

OK Hughes had another relatively poor game - he is never a right winger though!

He's the one player in that team who is not afraid to come and take the ball off the centre backs and try and make something happen. He never hides when the going gets tough (and hell your own fans jeering you must be pretty hard to take) and still tries to make things happen (are you watching Andy Johnson?) via neat pass and move football.

My only conclusion is this - the vast majority of our supporters are morons.

This man speaks the truth. I reckon we should have a whipround and offer Grant Thornton a compensation package for his services.

Archived