Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stulcfc

player ratings vs brimingham

To be honest, Fryatt could have been 7 foot. He would still have failed to win the ball and would have played badly.

Fryatt has failed to get himself fit throughout the entirety of the season. He has looked miles off the pace and has seemed at times unable to really motivate himself. I don't buy the lack of reserve team reason because from the very first game he has looked unfit.

I think Fryatt has looked sharp for the past few matches, but we don't play to his strengths and he hasn't got enough pace or power to still be a constant menace if the others hoof the ball at him.

I'd be interested in a debate about our best three front runners. But I'd recall Dodds straight away and would definitely use him.

I'll give the rest some more thought later.

You have to go and spoil things dont you fella?? lol

Hume 5 - Poor game. Greedy and desperate to get us out of this mess on his own. Nice to see his passion, but he was a hinderance last night if anything. Finishing was crap and he should have passed to Hughes not long after Newton had scored. Hughes was free and would of had a one on one had he done so.

Plus his poor shot instead of passing to the Horse...plus his running to the same spot already taken by Fryatt leaving no-one ready to receive in the box...plus...

I worry because last night showed him not playing as a team player, he was running around like kids do in Primary school matches.

I like Hume, but we played better in the second half despite him not because of him and I can't help but feel that playing someone else would now serve us better with him coming off the bench.

I'm sure that it's because he so desperately wants us to win, but he's like a great jigsaw piece from the wrong set at the mo. :dunno:

Plus his poor shot instead of passing to the Horse...plus his running to the same spot already taken by Fryatt leaving no-one ready to receive in the box...plus...

I worry because last night showed him not playing as a team player, he was running around like kids do in Primary school matches.

I like Hume, but we played better in the second half despite him not because of him and I can't help but feel that playing someone else would now serve us better with him coming off the bench.

I'm sure that it's because he so desperately wants us to win, but he's like a great jigsaw piece from the wrong set at the mo. :dunno:

It's been said a thousand times he'd be better behind the front two.

I'd be interested in a debate about our best three front runners. But I'd recall Dodds straight away and would definitely use him.

I'll give the rest some more thought later.

Fryatt, Hume and Cadamarteri. Dodds i'm happy to see coming off the bench in the next 3 games if he is to be recalled.

I'd play Fryatt through the middle with Hume to the right and Cadamarteri to the left. With a 3 man central midfield of Newton/Hughes alongside Wesolowski and Porter

Defence would be easy, Stearman at right back, McAuley and Kisnorbo in the middle and Mattock at left back.

I would issue a £50 fine for each time a player is adjudged to have hoofed the ball up to the strikers needlessley and make sure the emphasis is on passing the ball and moving constantly. Pressing the opposition and defending from the front and attacking as a whole team.

Fryatt, Hume and Cadamarteri. Dodds i'm happy to see coming off the bench in the next 3 games if he is to be recalled.

I'd play Fryatt through the middle with Hume to the right and Cadamarteri to the left. With a 3 man central midfield of Newton/Hughes alongside Wesolowski and Porter

Defence would be easy, Stearman at right back, McAuley and Kisnorbo in the middle and Mattock at left back.

I would issue a £50 fine for each time a player is adjudged to have hoofed the ball up to the strikers needlessley and make sure the emphasis is on passing the ball and moving constantly. Pressing the opposition and defending from the front and attacking as a whole team.

Your thinking seems much along the lines of my own except that I'd play Dodds, Hume and Cadamarteri because I still don't think Fryatt s fit, because Dodds will score more types of goals including free kicks and because Hume has far more goals to his name that Fryatt this season.

I too like the idea of Newton out wide but King is comfortable there too and his heading ability/ghosting into the box gives us more possession, more chance of goals and he's useful with defensive headers too.

The defence, as you say, seems obvious, with Sheehan the shadow for Mattock.

Either way - and I really do see strengths in both ideas, we get rid of two major problems right now in Maybury and Jarratt.

I gather you were pissed off. :whistle:

Was that cos your feet ached from standing on the concrete concourse floor all match? :D

Maybe I was harsh but the first half was so inept I was on the verge of walking out.

And despite how I congratulate the fans for being excellent, I couldn't join them because I'm a boring bastard and I was like you said, pissed off.

Your thinking seems much along the lines of my own except that I'd play Dodds, Hume and Cadamarteri because I still don't think Fryatt s fit, because Dodds will score more types of goals including free kicks and because Hume has far more goals to his name that Fryatt this season.

I too like the idea of Newton out wide but King is comfortable there too and his heading ability/ghosting into the box gives us more possession, more chance of goals and he's useful with defensive headers too.

The defence, as you say, seems obvious, with Sheehan the shadow for Mattock.

Either way - and I really do see strengths in both ideas, we get rid of two major problems right now in Maybury and Jarratt.

Don't you find him more solid than Stearman at RB. More experienced. One who very occasional rewards us with some good skill on the flank.

Our forwards of late have been more deperate to score rather than desperate to win.

They've probably been influenced by your current sig then ;):D

Nice Chair isn't it :cool:

That's what happens when you have a good half of football, I dread to think what would be there if we actually played well for 90 minutes and WON!

What did Jarrett do last night worth remembering? Jarrett's 100% was turd last night, Hughes came on for half hour & actually did something of note, more than Jarrett did in 60 mins

I agree that Jarrett was useless but what did Hughes do of note laste night? He had one shot which was embarrasingly off target, didn't really win any tackles, gave the ball away etc etc etc He's meant to be a creative influence but he didn't really create much either. It's not much of a choice i'll admit and maybe Hughes does scrape ahead of Jarrett now but not because of any quality on his part. He's got a long way to go if he's going to do anything for the club!

I agree that Jarrett was useless but what did Hughes do of note laste night? He had one shot which was embarrasingly off target, didn't really win any tackles, gave the ball away etc etc etc He's meant to be a creative influence but he didn't really create much either. It's not much of a choice i'll admit and maybe Hughes does scrape ahead of Jarrett now but not because of any quality on his part. He's got a long way to go if he's going to do anything for the club!

Hughes played some great football when he came on, one, twos with Newton, Hume, Cadas and he definitely threw himself into some tough tackles as I distinctly remember commenting on it at the time. He also had one excellent shot into the top right corner of the goal.

Archived