Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stulcfc

player ratings vs brimingham

What a night. Just got in and I am fooked! One post for now re the ratings...

Logan - 6

Stearman - 7

Kisnorbo - 6

Johansson - 5

Maybury - 4

Newton - 7

Jarrett - 4

Weso - 6

Mattock - 7

Hume - 6

Fryatt - 5

Hughes - 7, Cadamarteri - 7, Horsfield - 6

Logan 4 (Laughable that some people prefer him over Henderson, very weak at set-pieces, cost us a goal)

Stearman 2 (Very poor all night, wasted the ball all of the time and started to tackle with dangerous intent)

Kisnorbo 3.5 (Worse performance for a while, back to the days of CL, a few seconds off the pace)

Johansson 4 (Not much better than Kisnorbo)

Maybury 3 (Very ordinary, although Mattock was not doing much in front to help)

Newton 6 (Excellent second half, but I'm afraid 45 minutes effort isn't enough)

Jarrett 3 (Dwelt on the ball too often, very predictable passing and movement)

Wesolowski 4 (Ran and ran but some bad qualities when on the ball)

Mattock 3.5 (Came into the game in the second half but he isn't a winger, so how could he have the impact of a player like Porter?)

Fryatt 4 (Worked hard, neat touches, nothing of any substance)

Hume 4 (Worked hard, neat touches, nothing of any substance)

Subs:

Hughes 6 (What an impact, tidying the midfield up with positive play, spraying balls out to the wing and helping Newton out very well)

Cadamarteri 4 (Worked hard, no chances though)

Horsfield 1 (A point for the free kick, didn't et near the ball otherwise, never strained to stick his head on anything)

Logan 4 (Laughable that some people prefer him over Henderson, very weak at set-pieces, cost us a goal)

Stearman 2 (Very poor all night, wasted the ball all of the time and started to tackle with dangerous intent)

Kisnorbo 3.5 (Worse performance for a while, back to the days of CL, a few seconds off the pace)

Johansson 4 (Not much better than Kisnorbo)

Maybury 3 (Very ordinary, although Mattock was not doing much in front to help)

Newton 6 (Excellent second half, but I'm afraid 45 minutes effort isn't enough)

Jarrett 3 (Dwelt on the ball too often, very predictable passing and movement)

Wesolowski 4 (Ran and ran but some bad qualities when on the ball)

Mattock 3.5 (Came into the game in the second half but he isn't a winger, so how could he have the impact of a player like Porter?)

Fryatt 4 (Worked hard, neat touches, nothing of any substance)

Hume 4 (Worked hard, neat touches, nothing of any substance)

Subs:

Hughes 6 (What an impact, tidying the midfield up with positive play, spraying balls out to the wing and helping Newton out very well)

Cadamarteri 4 (Worked hard, no chances though)

Horsfield 1 (A point for the free kick, didn't et near the ball otherwise, never strained to stick his head on anything)

I gather you were pissed off. :whistle:

Was that cos your feet ached from standing on the concrete concourse floor all match? :D

Alan Maybury should never be allowed to wear the shirt again. When you need a team to battle for points you can't afford to have some mercenary twat stroll around playing like he couldn't give a shit about the club. Once again, he made several basic errors which show he's either utterly incompetent or doesn't care enough to try. He was an absolute disgrace. :mad::mad::mad::@

Logan - 5 - Unconvincing

Stearman - 6 - Spirited in second half but miles away from the player/prospect of two years ago

Kisnorbo - 5 - Shaky

Johansson - 4 - Shakier

Maybury - 1 - Sh1t

Newton - 6 - 4/10 first half, 8/10 second half

Jarrett - 2 - Inept: cannot pass, shoot or tackle

Wesolowski - 5 - Showed spirit, had to make up for Jarrett

Mattock - 6 - Nervous start but enthusiatic (and one great run)

Hume - 7 - Passionate, tried to get things going - if only more of the team showed his desire

Fryatt - 6 - Reasonably lively, good movement but shooting radar is still slightly off

Subs:

Hughes - 6 - Made a positive impact (for a change!). Still can't shoot though.

Cadamarteri - 7 - Positive, passionate and hungry - should perhaps have been thrown on earlier

Horsfield - 6.5 - Good impact, mixed things up and got stuck in

Worthington - 5 - What was with the tactic of lumping balls to Shaun Newton? He didn't win one header. I would also criticise the timing of the substitutions - seemed fairly obvious that we needed the physical presence up front from very early in the game. Made the right decisions to bring off Jarret and Maybury - both hopeless.

Fans - 9 - Would have been 10 for the best atmos all season, but first half was not actually that great and I was disappointed with the attendance. This was a massive game for us, we should have been busting a gut to get there.

The first half is the worst performance i've ever seen from a Leicester team and there's been some shockers. They were all clueless and how the goalie and defence can be allowed to continue to hoof the ball up to Hume and Fryatt is beyond me. It's a disgrace and every time there's a needless hoof, the defence and goalie should be fined £50. They'll soon stop doing it, it's ruining our club.

Our support in the second half was as good and as loud as the Fulham away game and that makes me proud. I think the fans started off taking the piss at first with the singing but when everyone got in to it, we realised how important it was to get behind them and they reacted to it, Newton especially.

Logan 5 - Thought he was dreadful. Was no where near the corner he came to collect that Jaidi nodded home. I don't like the way he looks to hoof it everytime he get's the ball, there were times when Mattock and Newton were free for him to throw out to in space. Needs to sort himself out.

Stearman 6 - Can't make my mind up about Stearman, he needs some hard coaching to eradicate the nasty habits he's picked up. Last season he was far more composed on the ball and looked to pass it rather than the early hoof back to the opposition. He's good going forward and his tackling is excellent, but this season has been a shocker for him. Last night was no different, did some good things and some annoying things. Got forward well in the second half, which is why he got a 6.

Kisnorbo 6 - Better than his horror show against Norwich, dealt with their fairly quiet attack when needed to. We need him to be loud and proud in this situation though and he's not.

Nisse 6 - Average and steady, unlucky not to score twice in two games.

Maybury 4 - Good lord, out of position and out of his depth. Got a right royal reception from the fans when he was subbed and rightly so, embarrassing.

Newton 7.5* - First half he was one of the worst culprits, when we did have the ball out wide he wasted it. His set pieces were awful as well. Second half and he was like a man possessed, really fired up. Some great direct running and lifted the whole team along with the fans. Really stretched Birmingham and if the others weren't as greedy we could have easily got a point or 3 out of this game.

Jarret 4 - As bad as Maybury and I can't watch him any longer. He's a non entity, a myth of a footballer. Can't pass to save his life and he rates himself, thinks he can take players on. Fook off, I hope Preston have made him ineligible for saturday's game.

Wesolowski 6.5 - Not as commanding as he was against Norwich, but the ball was constantly being pumped over his head in the first half. Second half he improved along with the team and stamped his authority on the game. Worked well with Hughes and matched Muamba for graft. Good to see him get 3 full 90 minutes under his belt in 8 days, he's not done that at all in first team football. Promising

Mattock 6.5 - Wasn't surprised to see him start and if we'd have looked to give him the ball more often in the first half then we'd have been a lot more dangerous going forward. Left back by trade, but not scared to go forward so can play on the wing. First half he looked bewildered and out of his depth given the situation. Second half, showed exactly why Worthington is playing him and has something to offer us this season. Can't see any better left sided players than him in our squad. Porter, sadly has been off the boil for weeks.

Fryatt 6 - Why he was taken off, i'll never know. He's our best attacker, if we play to his strengths. Hardly got a sniff in the first half due to our style of play, still got involved when he could and caused problems. Both he and Hume are far too greedy in situations though and that's not good when we are desperate for points, both wasted opportunities when there was a player free in a better position. I'd like to see him alongside Hume and Horsfield if we are going to play long ball.

Hume 5 - Poor game. Greedy and desperate to get us out of this mess on his own. Nice to see his passion, but he was a hinderance last night if anything. Finishing was crap and he should have passed to Hughes not long after Newton had scored. Hughes was free and would of had a one on one had he done so.

Subs:

Hughes 7 - Made a definite impact on the game, wanted the ball and made things happen. Why he isn't this motivated most games is beyond me, he has talent. Show it!

Horsfield 7 - Another who was up for it and Brum couldn't handle him.

Cadamarteri 6.5 - Was very effective when put out on the left wing, went on some great runs and I thought he was going to rescue us a point when he'd teared down the left and cut back inside, only for Mattock to rasp it over the bar instead.

What was with the tactic of lumping balls to Shaun Newton? He didn't win one header.

This is spot on and surprised that no-one else has mentioned it. Was just baffling. He won maybe 10% of the long balls that came his way. Without a big physical presence there is no point hoofing it up the pitch. Very disappointed that we carried on with that in the second half. Also disappointed that at times Mattock was overlooked and the ball kept going right when he was in acres of space on the left. Could have had more balance.

Not going to do all match ratings but:

Mattock: Very impressed with him. He ran at players, it was nice to see and a real rarity this year. Finally see what Thrac's been talking about all year with our young players.

Maybury: No time for him at all. He's a disgrace. Can't pass. Can't header. Can't tackle. Worst of all he doesn't care. Waste of space and genuinly upset that he's allowed to wear the shirt.

Jarrett: Nothing against him other then that he adds nothing. Problem is I can't see any natural replacements.

Newton: Excellent second half, great runs BUT wasted so many set-peices just floated into the goalkeeper over and over again.

Logan - 2 Very poor keeping indeed, Rab would have been a better option as both the other keepers have had stinkers recently

Stearman - 3 compared to last season this boy needs to improve or be sold

Kisnorbo - 5 not his usual self

Johansson - 1 was very much at fault for the second, Worthington got this wrong and Gareth should have be CHalf with Kisnorbo

Maybury - 3 Go to sunderland now, utter rubbish, passing is dreadful

Newton - 10 for his second half contribution alone, outstanding and what every player should be preforming too.

Jarratt - 5 lacked punch

Weso - 8 worked well alongside newton and kept the game simple, some good passing

Mattock - 9 get him on a long term contract the best youngster ive seen since weso! Taggarts got this one spot on!

Hume - 8 - the usual busy self worked like a trooper

Fryatt - 6 - getting back to himself needs goals for his confidence!

Hughes - 3 , Cadamarteri - 5, Horsfield - 6 all average or there abouts

One or two have praised Horsfield and with good cause last night. But it was a cameo appearance, welcome though his contribution was. Sadly - and I mean that sincerely - anyone believing he can keep it up for 90 minutes is mistaken.

He's Mr Plod. I like big, bustling, bruising centre-forwards but they need to have a spring in their step and his has gone.

Ninety minutes is like a marathon to the guy. And one he's no real chance of finishing at any pace.

His main value is in winning free-kicks.

Can't believe Hughes is getting 3's 4's and 5's off some people, he made such a massive impact last night. He was so much better than Jarret.

Rubbish Manny, to lightweight only did one or two things worth remembering him, he has lost the plot. Jarrett puts 100% in.

Can't believe Hughes is getting 3's 4's and 5's off some people, he made such a massive impact last night. He was so much better than Jarret.

He was better - but if you give Jarret say 1/10, then even a 4/10 is four times better than that. I don't think Hughes had a massive impact but I will say he was better than usual. Still found time to balloon one over the bar though - his shooting is atrocious.

I noticed last night that Weso had one shot when he didn't really wind up for it but really smacked it. Hughes and Jarrett both take time to get themselves into shooting positions, but their efforts are usually very weak.

Rubbish Manny, to lightweight only did one or two things worth remembering him, he has lost the plot. Jarrett puts 100% in.

What did Jarrett do last night worth remembering? Jarrett's 100% was turd last night, Hughes came on for half hour & actually did something of note, more than Jarrett did in 60 mins

One or two have praised Horsfield and with good cause last night. But it was a cameo appearance, welcome though his contribution was. Sadly - and I mean that sincerely - anyone believing he can keep it up for 90 minutes is mistaken.

He's Mr Plod. I like big, bustling, bruising centre-forwards but they need to have a spring in their step and his has gone.

Ninety minutes is like a marathon to the guy. And one he's no real chance of finishing at any pace.

I agree. I wouldn't start him on Saturday. He came in and shook things up (although, unfathomably, we played the whole game like we had a big centre forward).

Newton 7.5* - First half he was one of the worst culprits, when we did have the ball out wide he wasted it. His set pieces were awful as well. Second half and he was like a man possessed, really fired up. Some great direct running and lifted the whole team along with the fans. Really stretched Birmingham and if the others weren't as greedy we could have easily got a point or 3 out of this game.

Must have had some good sh1t at half time?

Perhaps if the whole team blasted a couple of lines before they played we would be alright!

Also, We could fcuk them all off when they fail drug tests! Its win, win!!!!

Spot on.

Hughes has disappointed me no end all season. Credit where credit is due. Last night, he was very good, some neat one-two's, running about, trying to create. It helped him having Newton playing so well and Cadamarteri on the left, because their movement helped him no end, but Hughes put in a great display.

one or two in 30 minutes? things more than Jarret did for 60 minutes, his passing and moving was by far better, and he was part of a Leicester City team that actually looked like it could play football and I've not seen that too many times this season. Sorry he's worthy at least a 6 and I'd give him 7 personally.

Sadly Thrac, it doesn't look like our manager will stop our goalie and defence from hoofing the ball up to our strikers. So if we don't play Horsfield then we are going to find ourselves in serious trouble. Because I can't see how we can win matches with long ball tactics with Hume and Fryatt unless we get lucky. That was our problem in the first half last night, which led to us being 2-0 down and almost down and out.

Sadly Thrac, it doesn't look like our manager will stop our goalie and defence from hoofing the ball up to our strikers. So if we don't play Horsfield then we are going to find ourselves in serious trouble. Because I can't see how we can win matches with long ball tactics with Hume and Fryatt unless we get lucky. That was our problem in the first half last night, which led to us being 2-0 down and almost down and out.

Richard Stearman is by far he worst culprit, he was hitting balls to fryatt in the air that didn't even need to leave the deck.

Richard Stearman is by far he worst culprit, he was hitting balls to fryatt in the air that didn't even need to leave the deck.

To be honest, Fryatt could have been 7 foot. He would still have failed to win the ball and would have played badly.

Fryatt has failed to get himself fit throughout the entirety of the season. He has looked miles off the pace and has seemed at times unable to really motivate himself. I don't buy the lack of reserve team reason because from the very first game he has looked unfit.

To be honest, Fryatt could have been 7 foot. He would still have failed to win the ball and would have played badly.

Fryatt has failed to get himself fit throughout the entirety of the season. He has looked miles off the pace and has seemed at times unable to really motivate himself. I don't buy the lack of reserve team reason because from the very first game he has looked unfit.

I don't think he was that bad last night at all.

I don't think he was that bad last night at all.

I didn't think it was one of his better games. He again looked slow and unable to cope with a big defender on his back. Granted, we weren't playing flowing football and putting balls into the box for him, but he didn't really find the spaces or drag his defender to create space for others.

For him this season is a write-off and next season will be massive. He shouldn't be dropped from the team as we have few other options but I would love to know how he applies himself in training and indeed if he does extra fitness work outside of training.

I'd be interested in a debate about our best three front runners. But I'd recall Dodds straight away and would definitely use him.

I'll give the rest some more thought later.

Archived