Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

If your talking about Boeta i don't want to put a dappener on your excitment BUT his not much chop mate, only averaged 40 with the bat in a weak South African League. Also his one of the most boring batsmen i have seen i don't rate him at all.

But he will become a handy pick up if he is only a Koplin Signing then sign an Australian ;) (Andrew McDonald very good all-rounder or one of the best young paceman going around Peter Siddle )

Yeah, Nick Walker.

But HH Dippaner or however it is spelt.

He brings international experience to the club. We haven't got that.

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff LCCC... :thumbup:

Leicestershire sign Lawson

Leicestershire have signed West Indies fast bowler Jermaine Lawson as a Kolpak player for the new season.

Lawson, who has played 13 Tests and 13 ODIs, has been plagued by problems with his action and hasn't appeared for West Indies since 2005.

He becomes the second Kolpak bowling recruit for Leicestershire who already have Garnett Kruger, the South African quick bowler, in their squad. Boeta Dippenaar is there one permitted overseas player.

"In Jermaine and Garnett we will have real pace and hostility in our opening attack, complimenting our promising clutch of England qualified fast bowlers currently in South Africa," coach Tim Boon told the Leicestershire website. "Both new signings have a reputation for being model professionals

Ok signing. A West Indian means incosistent. And this bloke has been done for a dodgy action.

I'd rather Mark Cleary back. Bring back the glory days...with Jack Birkinshaw. Brad Hodge. Michael Bevan. Michael Kasprowickz. Preferabbly Aussies.

Other than that, i can't wait for the new season.

Good stuff LCCC... :thumbup:

Leicestershire sign Lawson

Leicestershire have signed West Indies fast bowler Jermaine Lawson as a Kolpak player for the new season.

Lawson, who has played 13 Tests and 13 ODIs, has been plagued by problems with his action and hasn't appeared for West Indies since 2005.

He becomes the second Kolpak bowling recruit for Leicestershire who already have Garnett Kruger, the South African quick bowler, in their squad. Boeta Dippenaar is there one permitted overseas player.

"In Jermaine and Garnett we will have real pace and hostility in our opening attack, complimenting our promising clutch of England qualified fast bowlers currently in South Africa," coach Tim Boon told the Leicestershire website. "Both new signings have a reputation for being model professionals

So if Lawson is a Kolpak, and Dippenaar is now Kolpak as he's quit the international scene, do we still have room for another overseas player? We've signed Du Preez today who I assume is another Kolpak.

Can West Indies players sign on the Kolpak rule and if so are we changing from the Leics Foxes, to the Leics Kolpaks for the 20/20.

Ackermann, Dippenaar, Henderson, Kruger, Du Preez...Lawson(?)

Not forgetting that Allenby sounds as English as Ponting...

Ok signing. A West Indian means incosistent. And this bloke has been done for a dodgy action.

I'd rather Mark Cleary back. Bring back the glory days...with Jack Birkinshaw. Brad Hodge. Michael Bevan. Michael Kasprowickz. Preferabbly Aussies.

Other than that, i can't wait for the new season.

Wasn't Cleary playing in Holland last year?

Wasn't Cleary playing in Holland last year?

That i believe is true. Since 2006 Cleary spends his winters as a professional player - coach for Excelsior'20 CC in Schiedam, The Netherlands.

We are Arsenal of cricket. Players that is. The squad is now full of overseas, the talent coming through is nil. With the exception of Broad. Luke Wright now at Sussex. Ashley Wright now playing for Minor Counties. Broad at Notts. Adshead at Gloucs.

Josh Cobb may play for firsts, because he is an exceptional talent. Bed him into the team. Nathan Buck who has represented England at 17's and 19's has a good case. Other than that.. >_<

That i believe is true. Since 2006 Cleary spends his winters as a professional player - coach for Excelsior'20 CC in Schiedam, The Netherlands.

We are Arsenal of cricket. Players that is. The squad is now full of overseas, the talent coming through is nil. With the exception of Broad. Luke Wright now at Sussex. Ashley Wright now playing for Minor Counties. Broad at Notts. Adshead at Gloucs.

Josh Cobb may play for firsts, because he is an exceptional talent. Bed him into the team. Nathan Buck who has represented England at 17's and 19's has a good case. Other than that.. >_<

Isn't Tom New an academy lad? He will come good, he really needs Nico to retire though.

Isn't Tom New an academy lad? He will come good, he really needs Nico to retire though.

1000 runs from Mr New this year and we'll be laughing.

Not sure if the new lad Taylor will play, but he's been the only one scoring any runs for England under 19's in the world cup.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone been down to watch any of the pre-season friendlies ?

Sounds like we have been doing quite well against notts. I went down last friday against worcs and the team looked very good with Du Toit hitting a very nice 100.

60 odd again today, how old is this lad?

Is there a site were i can follow the lccc action and a site to follow derbyshires action as i am fan of them because i meet Steve Stubbings a few times and he gave me some of his old derbyshire gear plus i also used to love Ian "the freak" Harvey

2 questions for people that know more about county cricket than I do:

1) When does the season start?

2) Are LCCC going to be as crap this season as they were last season?

1) Wednesday county start with a 4 day game against middlesex.

2) Not really to sure, the signings they have made look good. I think they will do ok in one day and t20 competitions but will maybe strugle in the 4 day games. Alot of presure will be on the batsman as the bowling looks quite strong this season.

2 questions for people that know more about county cricket than I do:

1) When does the season start?

2) Are LCCC going to be as crap this season as they were last season?

Wednesday at home to Middlesex in county championship . Im fairly optimistic this year on our chances on all fronts this year , few decent signings been made

Wednesday at home to Middlesex in county championship . I'm fairly optimistic this year on our chances on all fronts this year , few decent signings been made

Dippenaar (who isn't here yet) and who else? :unsure: