Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I thought lccc were good Ian wells phil defreaties kaspowizch chris lewis brade hodge what happened /// i'll play am a wicket kepper opening bat captain since but haven't keeped since a couple of years and bowl me offfies @18 and @45 with bat

We was...in 1996,97,98, and Twenty20 cups.

Wells went to Durham, then retired

Daffy now Notts bowling coach.

Kasps - get him in!!!

Chris Lewis, good, but trouble.

Hodge - genius. Booogered off to Lancs for money!!

Good bat average and bowling average pal :thumbup:

God knows what my one is for last term. I didn't play too many, due to weather and injureis, but the season before..Bowling average of 11 for my age group, and batting of 40+.

All good :P

I just thought i would let u guys know that lccc fooked up letting Brad Hodge go he smashed 286 no against a pace attck that had Ashley Nofke (will be in aussie team in next 3 months) and Andy Bichel he tore them apart in the most incredible match

VICS all out 133

QLD all out 341

VICS 5 declared for 582

QLD all out 77

I just thought i would let u guys know that lccc fooked up letting Brad Hodge go he smashed 286 no against a pace attck that had Ashley Nofke (will be in aussie team in next 3 months) and Andy Bichel he tore them apart in the most incredible match

VICS all out 133

QLD all out 341

VICS 5 declared for 582

QLD all out 77

He went for the money. Thats all.

Mark Cleary for a return. Hows he getting on over there? He is class.

• 3 weeks later...

Leicestershire Name New Chief...

He added: "In Tim Boon, we have an outstanding cricket coach - he and I share a vision for the club to establish a sustainable development pathway which gives young Leicestershire (and Rutland) cricketers the best opportunity to represent their county at first-class level."

:blink:

People are coming and going at Grace Road, like ther's no tomorrow.

Like at City, this club needs stability.

• 2 weeks later...

From BBC Sport

Leicestershire sign paceman Malik

New-look Leicestershire have made their third signing of the winter by bringing in Worcestershire's Nadeem Malik.

The former Nottinghamshire fast bowler has returned to the East Midlands after being squeezed out at New Road.

And Malik, who was allowed out on loan back to Notts late last summer, is now considered surplus to requirements.

The 25-year-old former Notts man should at least feel more at home at Grace Road. On his only previous County Championship appearance there, for Worcestershire two summers ago, he took a career-best eight wickets in the match.

After letting six players go last September, as well as losing Stuart Broad to neighbours Notts and David Masters, Tim Boon's much-changed Leicestershire have also signed South African duo Boeta Dippenaar and Garnett Kruger.

But they have also added two youngsters to their staff, Joel Pope and James Taylor, who preceded Malik in his journey back across the Midlands from New Road, having been part of Worcestershire's Academy team last summer.

• 1 month later...

Dippeneaar Eyes Success At Leics

Batsman Boeta Dippenaar hopes his move to Leicestershire will coincide with an upturn in the county's fortunes.

Dippenaar has fallen down the South Africa pecking order but told BBC Sport: "I feel I have a lot to offer.

"I hope it's the start of big things for Leicestershire. I realise it's not a big county but I'm excited and looking forward to working there.

"I can't see myself playing in the near future for South Africa but this is an opportunity to just enjoy my cricket."

Dippeneaar Eyes Success At Leics

Batsman Boeta Dippenaar hopes his move to Leicestershire will coincide with an upturn in the county's fortunes.

Dippenaar has fallen down the South Africa pecking order but told BBC Sport: "I feel I have a lot to offer.

"I hope it's the start of big things for Leicestershire. I realise it's not a big county but I'm excited and looking forward to working there.

"I can't see myself playing in the near future for South Africa but this is an opportunity to just enjoy my cricket."

Isn't there a chance that LCCC can list Boeta as a Koplin signing allowing you to sign another International?

I couldn't of been more happier mate.

Fantastic news. :D

If your talking about Boeta i don't want to put a dappener on your excitment BUT his not much chop mate, only averaged 40 with the bat in a weak South African League. Also his one of the most boring batsmen i have seen i don't rate him at all.

But he will become a handy pick up if he is only a Koplin Signing then sign an Australian ;) (Andrew McDonald very good all-rounder or one of the best young paceman going around Peter Siddle )

If your talking about Boeta i don't want to put a dappener on your excitment BUT his not much chop mate, only averaged 40 with the bat in a weak South African League. Also his one of the most boring batsmen i have seen i don't rate him at all.

But he will become a handy pick up if he is only a Koplin Signing then sign an Australian ;) (Andrew McDonald very good all-rounder or one of the best young paceman going around Peter Siddle )

He was talking about Nick Walker leaving ;) To be honest the County Championship Division 2 is a pretty weak league itself, i'd take him averaging 40 now, we need that consistency.

By the way it's Kolpak, unless you Aussies are out changing our words :thumbup:

He was talking about Nick Walker leaving ;) To be honest the County Championship Division 2 is a pretty weak league itself, i'd take him averaging 40 now, we need that consistency.

By the way it's Kolpak, unless you Aussies are out changing our words :thumbup:

:whistle:

I thought it didn't look correct :)