Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simon

Johansson on Yesterday

sounds like his agent hasn't received any offers.

I would definitley keep him on. Not just because of yesterday, but because whenever he has played he has always gave his best and is a very good player, you can see that. Also, he is versatile, but you have to say with the emergence of Mattock, will Wortho/whoevers manager want to keep him on? If whoever it is does keep him though, i think we'll have 3 very good championship centre backs.

i dont actually rate johansson very highly but to be fair to him he generally tries his best. but for me without a doubt id get rid and give mattock an extended run with sheehan or if not someone else as back up to mattock

Good squad player but lacks pace.

I agree. He does get exposed for his lack of pace frequently and it is a bit of a worry. He has been consistant this year so I still think we should offer him a new contract.

He's a valuable player to have in a squad because you know what you get and he can play two positions.

But I've always thought we could and should play with a faster, more influential attacking left-back.

I agree that he has his value but that would more likely be as a back-up CB and LB. We need pace down the flanks as we need to have a system where we attack together and defend together.

If Nils did stay I would demand that the tubster had a proper pre-season and kept away from McDonalds because the lad has ability but for some reason cant get the discipline needed to be an athelete at this level.

He isn't first choice at center back, and Mattock will (eventually) be an automatic left back. So I don't see a starting place for him really. I doubt he'll accept the role as a squad player.

I agree. He does get exposed for his lack of pace frequently and it is a bit of a worry. He has been consistant this year so I still think we should offer him a new contract.

Yeah I agree totally with that. He's a nice player to have in the team and to be fair to him he's done well this season I think.

After yesterday he is a god in my eyes anyway now. :thumbup:

To be honest I would only keep him as a bench warmer, i think he is a very solid defender but a full-back needs to be more! He is just too slow to ever be a very good left back, and that is surely what we need if we want to be pushing for promotion. As long as we get someone better in, then I won't be too sad to see him leave! Great goal though and always admired his commitment!

He's a valuable player to have in a squad because you know what you get and he can play two positions.

But I've always thought we could and should play with a faster, more influential attacking left-back.

and likewise for right back. nills does far more than maybury

I think Johansson is a fairly good player, was amazed when I saw him against Sunderland making lots of forward runs, was funny, but he puts the effort in and has my respect for that, and seems to have a cool head too

Archived