Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Original_Champions

Scraping the barrel!

i think you will beat brum because they got promoted today so they don't have to worry about beating you in the last game of the season, so they might rest some of there better players so you will have a better chance of beating them. forgot that birmingham were top by only a point

i think you will beat brum because they got promoted today so they don't have to worry about beating you in the last game of the season, so they might rest some of there better players so you will have a better chance of beating them

Nonsense. If they win, they are Champions. They won't rest anyone.

I am a Preston fan, who visited your forum last week.

I have to admit that I feel really low this morning and I am trying to find hope from a situation that doesn't seem carry much hope, however it would be interesting to know your thoughts. Obviously Leicester owe PNE nothing, although I am just trying to gauge how you think your players will approach this last game?

We go into the last game of the season, admittedly against the potential champions elect, Birmingham City, although this is the type of game that would not surprise me in the slightest, to see us win! So with that thought, can you see Leicester being one of the teams to stop Wolves? Wolves are very inconsistent and Leicester should play with a little freedom and I saw myself the other week that you are a decent team (and that was playing with nerves), so my hope is on yourselves being one of the teams to get one of the results.

Likewise, I can see Stoke having a tough trip down at QPR, they are in-form and its one difficult place to get a result at, is Loftus Road.

The other two teams, Southampton and WBA have home games agaisnt teams that I expect them to beat although this division has hardly been predictable has it?

I really thought this would be our chance, finally, of having a go at the top divison and you never know, it just might be - yep I must be mad!

Well done on your survival, it was never in doubt really, was it :thumbup:

Let's do a deal - we'll beat Wolves for you if you promise to knock the Derby scum out of the play-offs. :D

I am a Preston fan, who visited your forum last week.

I have to admit that I feel really low this morning and I am trying to find hope from a situation that doesn't seem carry much hope, however it would be interesting to know your thoughts. Obviously Leicester owe PNE nothing, although I am just trying to gauge how you think your players will approach this last game?

We go into the last game of the season, admittedly against the potential champions elect, Birmingham City, although this is the type of game that would not surprise me in the slightest, to see us win! So with that thought, can you see Leicester being one of the teams to stop Wolves? Wolves are very inconsistent and Leicester should play with a little freedom and I saw myself the other week that you are a decent team (and that was playing with nerves), so my hope is on yourselves being one of the teams to get one of the results.

Likewise, I can see Stoke having a tough trip down at QPR, they are in-form and its one difficult place to get a result at, is Loftus Road.

The other two teams, Southampton and WBA have home games agaisnt teams that I expect them to beat although this division has hardly been predictable has it?

I really thought this would be our chance, finally, of having a go at the top divison and you never know, it just might be - yep I must be mad!

Well done on your survival, it was never in doubt really, was it :thumbup:

I think (hopefully), Leicester will play with a bit of freedom and certain individuals will try and convince MM that they are worth retaining for next season. As for Preston and being very honest!!

They were in my opinion the best visiting side to the Walkers stadium this season, organised and quick on the break. Not as some would think, a one man team i.e. Nugent. So what went wrong? Birmingham and Derby were just teams with big players who would get found out easy in the premiership without spending a lot of money, but perhaps pure physical presence is all that is required to get out of this division. Sunderland were organised and have a winning inspiring manager. Good luck to Preston!!!

Regards!

I don't think Derby are even all that imposing. Every time I've seen them play they've been really poor. No real quality aside from Barnes, no presence in the box (Howard by himself is rarely worth more than 1 goal per game), shaky defense. I think the fact that Derby are up there is a testament to how poor this division is. If we spend wisely, we really should have no problem getting out of it in 3 years, because the midtable of this division is utterly stagnant and too many teams, like Preston, bottle it when it really matters. Which if you look in recent our past isn't really something we've done regularly - we're not bad at knockout stuff like cups and playoffs and there's an auto promotion in there as well.

I don't think many city fans have any time for wolves- another self-deluding wannabe big club that aren't. I'd like to see us win but we will draw 1-1.

Good luck to preston though I suspect you are likely to be perpetual under-achievers in the playoffs - I genuinely hope I'm wrong though

I don't think many city fans have any time for wolves- another self-deluding wannabe big club that aren't.

Some people are just SO disparaging!

Since when did lifting the Sherpa Vans Trophy become unimportant? :dunno:

:whistle::D

Archived