Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Original_Champions

Scraping the barrel!

I am a Preston fan, who visited your forum last week.

I have to admit that I feel really low this morning and I am trying to find hope from a situation that doesn't seem carry much hope, however it would be interesting to know your thoughts. Obviously Leicester owe PNE nothing, although I am just trying to gauge how you think your players will approach this last game?

We go into the last game of the season, admittedly against the potential champions elect, Birmingham City, although this is the type of game that would not surprise me in the slightest, to see us win! So with that thought, can you see Leicester being one of the teams to stop Wolves? Wolves are very inconsistent and Leicester should play with a little freedom and I saw myself the other week that you are a decent team (and that was playing with nerves), so my hope is on yourselves being one of the teams to get one of the results.

Likewise, I can see Stoke having a tough trip down at QPR, they are in-form and its one difficult place to get a result at, is Loftus Road.

The other two teams, Southampton and WBA have home games agaisnt teams that I expect them to beat although this division has hardly been predictable has it?

I really thought this would be our chance, finally, of having a go at the top divison and you never know, it just might be - yep I must be mad!

Well done on your survival, it was never in doubt really, was it :thumbup:

when we were in our worst position a few weeks ago i and many overs viewed the wolves game as possibly the only one we could win so i rekon we will do you a favour especially now the pressure is lifted we are on a good little run and playin well

I think our attitude will still be postive. Worthington is still trying to prove he can be the man for the job next year so I can see no reason why we would sit back.

Good luck to you. I hope you go up. :thumbup:

Wolves haven't won here for 35 years and 19 games and I think we've beaten them both times we've played them at the Walkers. To be honest we look to have found ourselves a decent little side for the end of the season and the fans will probably be in decent voice judging by the last three games.

However... I would be thrilled to see King start and Gradel come off the bench (two of our youth teamers) which might be interpreted badly by Preston and Stoke fans.

I have to admit that I feel really low this morning and I am trying to find hope from a situation that doesn't seem carry much hope, however it would be interesting to know your thoughts. Obviously Leicester owe PNE nothing, although I am just trying to gauge how you think your players will approach this last game?

We go into the last game of the season, admittedly against the potential champions elect, Birmingham City, although this is the type of game that would not surprise me in the slightest, to see us win! So with that thought, can you see Leicester being one of the teams to stop Wolves? Wolves are very inconsistent and Leicester should play with a little freedom and I saw myself the other week that you are a decent team (and that was playing with nerves), so my hope is on yourselves being one of the teams to get one of the results.

Likewise, I can see Stoke having a tough trip down at QPR, they are in-form and its one difficult place to get a result at, is Loftus Road.

The other two teams, Southampton and WBA have home games agaisnt teams that I expect them to beat although this division has hardly been predictable has it?

I really thought this would be our chance, finally, of having a go at the top divison and you never know, it just might be - yep I must be mad!

We have not lost to Wolves at home for 35 years. :ph34r: Lost 4-3 away in a very famous game. <_< :( :( :S

I think Leicester will be going all out for a win against Wolves. Worthington is hoping to get the Leicester job and will want to be able to convince Milan he is the right man for the job. Therefore he will want to be able to say that he was in charge for 5 games, it took a couple of games for the players to understand what he wanted and then they won the next three (including wolves) and the performance was drastically improved in all games. The players are also going to be playing for their futures at Leicester. In fairness Wolves need a win and they will be going for it. Should be a good game - a tough one to call on who will win it. If our home support is anything like the away support at Barnsley then Leicester might just win it.

I think Southampton and WBA both should win. You have a big task with Birmingham but they are not invincible.

Good luck be nice to see a team like Preston in the premiership.

So there is hope yet :thumbup:

Thats one eck of a record that is, 35 years!

How about Gradel comes off the bench and sends the Leicester fans home happy with a finish into the top right hand corner, from 25 yards - cue celebrations around Deepdale as we have our ears well and truly glued to the pocket radios!- what a mad game football is!

Well as fans we have to dream and hope don't we?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is hope for you yet but your team seem to have done a superb job of blowing another golden opportunity they had at the big time. I would like to see Preston go up to be honest. They've been so close for the last couple of seasons.

I think next week we'll still remian positive and go for a win but I think Wortho will give players suh as Danny Cadamarteri a chance up front instead of somebody like Hume possibly.

Good luck :thumbup:

Wolves haven't won here for 35 years and 19 games and I think we've beaten them both times we've played them at the Walkers. To be honest we look to have found ourselves a decent little side for the end of the season and the fans will probably be in decent voice judging by the last three games.

However... I would be thrilled to see King start and Gradel come off the bench (two of our youth teamers) which might be interpreted badly by Preston and Stoke fans.

no we havnt

There is hope for you yet but your team seem to have done a superb job of blowing another golden opportunity they had at the big time. I would like to see Preston go up to be honest. They've been so close for the last couple of seasons.

I think next week we'll still remian positive and go for a win but I think Wortho will give players suh as Danny Cadamarteri a chance up front instead of somebody like Hume possibly.

Good luck :thumbup:

It's what we do best, Joe!

We hold the record for the most amount of defeats in the play-offs. I have been to 3 play-off finals in the last 7 years and seen us not only lose each of them but also see the players freeze on each occasion and not perform! In fact some fans even wrote letters to Simpson saying 'If we can't make the top 2 this season then please finish 7th, because we can't take another disappointment in the play-offs'.

We regularly blow any form of opportunity through decisions that are at best, baffling! As a teenager my dad always told me "PNE always thow it away, get used to it, and 17 years later 'yes he was correct!'. Something makes me think the players must have bonuses written into their contracts that state they must do everything in their power to make the fans believe we can do it and then at the last moment do everything in their power to reverse everything!' Maybe the club will explode if it goes over a certain level?

Some clubs get it all, some just miss out. We appear to be the latter.

Such is football - such is life! :rolleyes:

You might be ok mate, City hate Wolves cos that team in black and gold hate us, plus it was a Steve Walsh-Steve Bull thing as well in the past. They stole McGhee off us, which turned out to be a masterstroke, but their fans are a bunch of arrogant d*cks!!

Don't worry PNE, we'll try to do our best mate and good luck for the play-offs. Oh and if you get there, beat D*rby scum for us and get one over on old Billy Davies - an ex-City player - at the same time| !! :thumbup:

It's what we do best, Joe!

We hold the record for the most amount of defeats in the play-offs. I have been to 3 play-off finals in the last 7 years and seen us not only lose each of them but also see the players freeze on each occasion and not perform! In fact some fans even wrote letters to Simpson saying 'If we can't make the top 2 this season then please finish 7th, because we can't take another disappointment in the play-offs'.

We regularly blow any form of opportunity through decisions that are at best, baffling! As a teenager my dad always told me "PNE always thow it away, get used to it, and 17 years later 'yes he was correct!'. Something makes me think the players must have bonuses written into their contracts that state they must do everything in their power to make the fans believe we can do it and then at the last moment do everything in their power to reverse everything!' Maybe the club will explode if it goes over a certain level?

Some clubs get it all, some just miss out. We appear to be the latter.

Such is football - such is life! :rolleyes:

I was about to say Lincoln have had a worst record in the play-offs, becoming the first team to fail in four consecutive play-off attempts.

They only made the final two of those times though.

Anyway, best of luck to ya, you're my favourite out of all the teams up there :thumbup:

I can't see any let-up against Wolves, quite the contrary.

a) Wortho wants the job.

b) Our team now has far more players in it who want a future here - and who might expect one - so they'll have reasons to keep trying to impress.

c) Wortho would like a home win.

d) It's a Midlands derby and that always provides an edge.

e) There's that record to be protected.

f) There'll be a big crowd and the team will want to respond to that.

Archived