Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

Johansson set to leave ?

In his interview the other day on the radio after the Preston game, he seemed liked he had been planning on heading back to his native Sweden for a while. He was saying that he had found living away from his family quite difficult. Fair play to him though, I think a replacement shouldn’t be too difficult to find.

i don't give a crap the less foreigners in this division the better for me!!! :thumbup:

BNP?

The nationality of a player means nothing to me, its all about his ability. English players prices are hiked up and whenever there is a half-decnt performer in the lower leagues who is English the transfer fee wanted always seems to be 7 figures. Clubs like Plymouth have raided Hungary for really good players and lowish prices and thats what we need to be doing.

As for Nils, if he does go at least it is on a high. I`d like to keep him if he makes an attempt to get fully fit as he can play either on the left or central defence but if he goes, I`d be shocked its to move back to Sweden as he was reportedly wanting a move back to the Premiership.

You can't say that about Nils, how dare you!

:) I don,t mean no offence but i just aint bothered obviously it would of been a different case if we didn,t have MM getting ready to splash the cash on a playoff chase! know wot i mean! :thumbup:

:) I don,t mean no offence but i just aint bothered obviously it would of been a different case if we didn,t have MM getting ready to splash the cash on a playoff chase! know wot i mean! :thumbup:

But its OK for a foreigner to come in and save the club for the mire right???!!! :frusty::frusty::frusty:

In his interview the other day on the radio after the Preston game, he seemed liked he had been planning on heading back to his native Sweden for a while. He was saying that he had found living away from his family quite difficult. Fair play to him though, I think a replacement shouldn’t be too difficult to find.

Money, money, money.

BNP?

The nationality of a player means nothing to me, its all about his ability. English players prices are hiked up and whenever there is a half-decnt performer in the lower leagues who is English the transfer fee wanted always seems to be 7 figures. Clubs like Plymouth have raided Hungary for really good players and lowish prices and thats what we need to be doing.

As for Nils, if he does go at least it is on a high. I`d like to keep him if he makes an attempt to get fully fit as he can play either on the left or central defence but if he goes, I`d be shocked its to move back to Sweden as he was reportedly wanting a move back to the Premiership.

BNP behave u numpty! :@ im just saying i feel that outside the premiership its best to get a mostly british squad 2gether & add the foriegn element when u hit the premiership because its true that buying an english player of premiership quality is going to cost :thumbup: a stupid price

Actually, no i don't.

i just mean i am not really upset about him leaving because we can now afford to replace him i am very thankful to him for his efforts but its not like we are releasing him is it if he goes it will be entirely his choice cos we don,t need his transfer fee & we got him 4 free so it wont be much anyway any clearer :dunno: ha

BNP behave u numpty! :@ im just saying i feel that outside the premiership its best to get a mostly british squad 2gether & add the foriegn element when u hit the premiership because its true that buying an english player of premiership quality is going to cost :thumbup: a stupid price

Leicester City have got no obligation to buy British, we need to concentrate on buying the best available at our level and if that means that we unearth good players from England, Mongolia or Uranus then so be it. I dont give a monkeys where these players come from as long as they try and are better than what we have got.

What you seem to fail to understand is that is that we are one league away from the super money of the Premiership and limiting ourselves to just English players would be have disasterous consequences. I dont know if you think that Hendo, Weso, Nils and Kisnorbo are Brits but that arent fella (or are Aussies OK because they speak the lingo lol??).

Anyway, is a stupid suggestion but like everyone, you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes, that point was made so clear from your first post... :unsure:

i don't give a crap the less foreigners in this division the better for me!!! :thumbup:

I assume you were against Milan as well then? :P

Leicester City have got no obligation to buy British, we need to concentrate on buying the best available at our level and if that means that we unearth good players from England, Mongolia or Uranus then so be it. I dont give a monkeys where these players come from as long as they try and are better than what we have got.

What you seem to fail to understand is that is that we are one league away from the super money of the Premiership and limiting ourselves to just English players would be have disasterous consequences. I dont know if you think that Hendo, Weso, Nils and Kisnorbo are Brits but that arent fella (or are Aussies OK because they speak the lingo lol??).

Anyway, is a stupid suggestion but like everyone, you are entitled to your opinion.

im not saying buy only british im just saying i think while we can afford 2 do the same job with more british we should do wouldn,t u prefer that like in every other league in the world apart fromm ours! do you follow? :S

im not saying buy only british im just saying i think while we can afford 2 do the same job with more british we should do wouldn,t u prefer that like in every other league in the world apart fromm ours! do you follow? :S

jesus relax people yea i guess the 1st one was a tad blunt

He's fairly usefull, but replaceable.

exactly he doesn't offer much in ways of attack. J Lloyd Samuel would be a good relacement, and realistic too i think. If not there's a ready made replacement already! (and i don't mean Sheehan, who i can't say i rate)

In an ideal world we would go out and buy Billy Sharp and that caravan loving Eastwood dude at Southend (I forget his first name) but unfortunately, they would probably cost us over £4m to get them and neither has stepped foot in either the Premier League or played International football. Someone like Nugent at Preston was quoted as a £5m striker and now thats gone up because he played (and scored) in one England game. It just costs too much to buy British at the moment and we`ll be lucky if we can get in one or two quality British players this summer.

BTW its no point trying to link or football with any other league in the world. Whilst the likes of Spain and Germany have there big sides 2nd teams playing in the lower divisions, we actually have 92 is it running and working businesses and all these teams have passionate fans and love there clubs. Our lower leagues are so much different to the others its beyond comparison and the FA Cup shows how competitive our football is down the leagues. You rarely see a side getting mullered like they do abroad.

We are unique and if the clubs can afford it, let them bring in who they want as there is room for all nationalities within the game and even in the lower leagues. The important thing is that we dont bring in any old foreigner and stick to players who better what we have.

In an ideal world we would go out and buy Billy Sharp and that caravan loving Eastwood dude at Southend (I forget his first name) but unfortunately, they would probably cost us over £4m to get them and neither has stepped foot in either the Premier League or played International football. Someone like Nugent at Preston was quoted as a £5m striker and now thats gone up because he played (and scored) in one England game. It just costs too much to buy British at the moment and we`ll be lucky if we can get in one or two quality British players this summer.

BTW its no point trying to link or football with any other league in the world. Whilst the likes of Spain and Germany have there big sides 2nd teams playing in the lower divisions, we actually have 92 is it running and working businesses and all these teams have passionate fans and love there clubs. Our lower leagues are so much different to the others its beyond comparison and the FA Cup shows how competitive our football is down the leagues. You rarely see a side getting mullered like they do abroad.

We are unique and if the clubs can afford it, let them bring in who they want as there is room for all nationalities within the game and even in the lower leagues. The important thing is that we dont bring in any old foreigner and stick to players who better what we have.

yes correct :clap:

but im talkin about getting the best of the lower divisions like izale mcleod mkdons wes morgan kris commons forest (scum) & also lee hendrie linvoy primus those sort of players who know exactly what the english leagues are all about!!! wot u reckon?

yes correct :clap:

but im talkin about getting the best of the lower divisions like izale mcleod mkdons wes morgan kris commons forest (scum) & also lee hendrie linvoy primus those sort of players who know exactly what the english leagues are all about!!! wot u reckon?

I agree with you. Lee Hendrie is a 30yo who has played for England, Linvoy Pruimus is improving despite approaching his mid 30s, Kris Commons has bags of ability and McCleod who I think was a Derby scum junior also looks good but when you buy players like him you are unsure oif they will step up so instantly. The biggest fee we have paid in recent times is for Matty Fryatt and despite it being still very early in his career, he has hardly set the division alight in the season and a quarter he has been here.

I`d love for us to get some premiership players like Hendrie, Primus or whoever here and even if the list included foreign players like Todorov or Stefanovic I`d take them like a shot.

There are heavy foriegn infleunces in most leagues, especially France and Germany who are arguable worse than us.

I agree with you. Lee Hendrie is a 30yo who has played for England, Linvoy Pruimus is improving despite approaching his mid 30s, Kris Commons has bags of ability and McCleod who I think was a Derby scum junior also looks good but when you buy players like him you are unsure oif they will step up so instantly. The biggest fee we have paid in recent times is for Matty Fryatt and despite it being still very early in his career, he has hardly set the division alight in the season and a quarter he has been here.

I`d love for us to get some premiership players like Hendrie, Primus or whoever here and even if the list included foreign players like Todorov or Stefanovic I`d take them like a shot.

yea defo whateva we can afford playes like todorov & stefanovic already have the english experience and championship i'd jump at the chance of those guys

Archived