Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

Johansson set to leave ?

he's done a fairly good job at city, but we got mattock braking in, he can play left back, whilst levi can go left wing.

but is he dead wood we need to get rid of, or we need his experience?

From the Merc. Sounds really keen!

Johansson hopes for a new City offer by Andy Mann nisse_johansson09032007.jpgSpeaking after yesterday's defeat by Wolves brought an end to the season, Johansson admitted he has held talks with IFK, among other clubs, in Sweden.

But he said nothing has yet been sorted and he would welcome a new offer to stay at City.

Johansson said: "I don't know what the situation is.

"I have been in touch with a few clubs in Sweden. With the situation here at Leicester not really certain, there's not a permanent manager, you have to look after yourself.

"I have spoken to IFK and a few others. It's hard to say what I will do right now.

"Would I like to stay here? I will have to see what the chairman does about the manager. I would like to be offered something so that I can make a decision.

"If nothing comes, I will look at moving. I can't wait for ever.''

The 4-1 home defeat by Wolves yesterday was Johansson's 82nd appearance for City since joining in a free transfer from Blackburn two seasons ago.

He has scored two goals in that time, including the priceless winner at Preston that all but clinched Championship safety and landed him the club's goal-of-the-season award.

But, if the defeat by Wolves is to be his last appearance for City, the defender admitted it was a disappointing way to end.

"We started off really well and got an early goal,'' he said. "But they got back into it and made it 2-1 and we were on the back foot. We couldn't get going forward.

"We played well for the first 25 minutes but after that it was really hard.

"In the second half we tried to get back into it but they were much the better team.

"It's a very disappointing way to end the season.''

He added: "There have been too many bad results, especially at home. We are going home with our heads down. Hopefully next season it will be better - I hope so for the fans.''

Meanwhile, midfielder Danny Tiatto thanked the City fans for his ovation on his final City appearance.

Tiatto, who is returning to Australia to play for Queensland Road, was given a standing ovation as he left the Walkers Stadium pitch after being substituted towards the end of the game. He said: "The supporters gave me a good send-off, which I appreciated.

"All I can say is to wish them the best for the future. It's been great being here.''

Sounds like it could take a big offer to keep Nils at the club this summer. If that's the case then I think we should let him go. With Mattock here and Sheehan to provide 'adequate' back-up it's not worth paying him big wages.

"We started off really well and got an early goal,'' he said. "But they got back into it and made it 2-1 and we were on the back foot. We couldn't get going forward.

...and who was entirely to blame for that second goal Skills? :rolleyes:

if nils is going to give us performances next season like the one against southampton [away] then he can go to one of those other clubs in sweden :whistle: .it sounds as though nils wants a big money contract if he is going to stay at the club, maybe he thinks he's better than he really is :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I support AIK one of the swedish club that fights to sign Nils-Eric.

Today swedish media states that they are very close in negotations but I don't trust the media, all that I know is that Nils would probably choose AIK as his club due to he has played here as a teenager and had the coach Rikard Norling before.

I don't know what qualities he got since his been gone for a long while and he has only four apperances for Sweden, but I guess he would make into our starting eleven surely since the backline is the weakest part of our squad for the moment.

Take care :).

BNP?

The nationality of a player means nothing to me, its all about his ability. English players prices are hiked up and whenever there is a half-decnt performer in the lower leagues who is English the transfer fee wanted always seems to be 7 figures. Clubs like Plymouth have raided Hungary for really good players and lowish prices and thats what we need to be doing.

As for Nils, if he does go at least it is on a high. I`d like to keep him if he makes an attempt to get fully fit as he can play either on the left or central defence but if he goes, I`d be shocked its to move back to Sweden as he was reportedly wanting a move back to the Premiership.

I don't agree with Arsenal's general first eleven being full of foreigners, but I believe we need to take advantage of importing a few more higher quality foreign players at cheaper players. Good players from Eastern Europe in that category have recently included Ferenczi, Halmosi, Brkovic, Buzsaky, Rasiak and Saganowski - some Hungarian, Polish and Slovenian players here who've proved useful !!

Hello everyone!

Today swedish media states that they are very close in negotations but I don't trust the media, all that I know is that Nils would probably choose AIK as his club due to he has played here as a teenager and had the coach Rikard Norling before.

I don't know what qualities he got since his been gone for a long while and he has only four apperances for Sweden, but I guess he would make into our starting eleven surely since the backline is the weakest part of our squad for the moment.

I would hate to see Nils gone, but he is a slow player, but reads the game rather well. For a poor Championship team, I feel he's one of our better players and can be at left or centre-back.

Hello everyone!

He is a very good defender and so can do a job at Centre back, although we have been playing him as a Left back. In this position, he is very solid, however, adds very little to attack, and is far to slow on the ball to ever really be a threat. Part of me wants to keep him as you know what you are getting each game, but another part of me would like an attacking full-back! Good luck to him if he goes anyway! Top Bloke!!!!

Nils has been a good enough servant but no-one will convince me he's the sort of left-back we want or the way forward for our club.

To me he is far too slow, especially on the turn, not a particularly good passer and lacks the athleticism to play more than briefly as an attacking full-back.

That said he has shown himself to be a generally solid and reliable defensive player and one who might well have served us well enough as cover.

But I doubt that would suit him and, if that's the case, I cannot see why anyone would lament his moving on.

Even before any signings we already have some cover at centre-back and Mattock, surely, will be first choce left-back.

Nils has been a good enough servant but no-one will convince me he's the sort of left-back we want or the way forward for our club.

To me he is far too slow, especially on the turn, not a particularly good passer and lacks the athleticism to play more than briefly as an attacking full-back.

That said he has shown himself to be a generally solid and reliable defensive player and one who might well have served us well enough as cover.

But I doubt that would suit him and, if that's the case, I cannot see why anyone would lament his moving on.

Even before any signings we already have some cover at centre-back and Mattock, surely, will be first choce left-back.

Hope you're right about Mattock, he's got bags of pace and a fair amount of skill, a great prospect.

i know some of you are a fan of johansson but i have never rated him and shall be glad to see him go hopefully to another championship team so hume can rip him apart next season :P but i really think mattock should be first choice

I'd still like to see Sheehan in a Leicester first team shirt again.

What? Modelling next year's kit or something.?

He got slaughtered for getting sent off two seasons back and I don't think the mood has changed.

Levi reckoned he needed a proper break to get over some niggling injuries but others decided he needed a bus ticket out.

But then some have said that about most of our young players both in words and in their player ratings.

They appear to prefer that our side be full of aggressive, seasoned professionals who have been there and done it and, with the right experienced professionals - not seen so far - they might be right..

To date their team choices have typically preferred Maybury/Kenton to Stearman, Nils to Mattock/Sheehan, Henderson to Logan, Johnson/Jarrett to Wesolowski, Hughes to King, Newton to Gradel and Tiatto to Porter. Individually there was always a case either way. Collectively the old timers looked awful.

The divide among fans is quite pronounced and how the dice will fall in future -either for the young players mentioned, or for people like Gradel, Odhiambo, King and McKay - will depend on Mandaric and the new manager.

Sheehan might logically provide back-up for Mattock but I wouldn't waste one penny betting on it happening a) because Sheehan featured so little last season in any football and b) because, barring injury or calamitous loss of form, he's got no short-term chance of taking Mattock's shirt.

Hello again!

Thanks for telling me about him, always nice to hear what the supporters think not fooked up journalists.

If AIK sign him he will probably play as a central defender yes, because I know he isn't that fast and we have pretty good full defenders, it's the middle that is the problem.

Anyway, I hope you will be in the premiership again soon, I much rather have Leicester up then Watford. I actually played with Leicester on Football Manager once, it was fun.

Oh, off topic now.. sorry :).

What? Modelling next year's kit or something.?

He got slaughtered for getting sent off two seasons back and I don't think the mood has changed.

Levi reckoned he needed a proper break to get over some niggling injuries but others decided he needed a bus ticket out.

But then some have said that about most of our young players both in words and in their player ratings.

They appear to prefer that our side be full of aggressive, seasoned professionals who have been there and done it and, with the right experienced professionals - not seen so far - they might be right..

To date their team choices have typically preferred Maybury/Kenton to Stearman, Nils to Mattock/Sheehan, Henderson to Logan, Johnson/Jarrett to Wesolowski, Hughes to King, Newton to Gradel and Tiatto to Porter. Individually there was always a case either way. Collectively the old timers looked awful.

The divide among fans is quite pronounced and how the dice will fall in future -either for the young players mentioned, or for people like Gradel, Odhiambo, King and McKay - will depend on Mandaric and the new manager.

Sheehan might logically provide back-up for Mattock but I wouldn't waste one penny betting on it happening a) because Sheehan featured so little last season in any football and b) because, barring injury or calamitous loss of form, he's got no short-term chance of taking Mattock's shirt.

Thrac, this is getting really boring now! Can you stop whinging!!!!

Archived