Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

Johansson set to leave ?

What? Modelling next year's kit or something.?

He got slaughtered for getting sent off two seasons back and I don't think the mood has changed.

Levi reckoned he needed a proper break to get over some niggling injuries but others decided he needed a bus ticket out.

But then some have said that about most of our young players both in words and in their player ratings.

They appear to prefer that our side be full of aggressive, seasoned professionals who have been there and done it and, with the right experienced professionals - not seen so far - they might be right..

To date their team choices have typically preferred Maybury/Kenton to Stearman, Nils to Mattock/Sheehan, Henderson to Logan, Johnson/Jarrett to Wesolowski, Hughes to King, Newton to Gradel and Tiatto to Porter. Individually there was always a case either way. Collectively the old timers looked awful.

The divide among fans is quite pronounced and how the dice will fall in future -either for the young players mentioned, or for people like Gradel, Odhiambo, King and McKay - will depend on Mandaric and the new manager.

Sheehan might logically provide back-up for Mattock but I wouldn't waste one penny betting on it happening a) because Sheehan featured so little last season in any football and b) because, barring injury or calamitous loss of form, he's got no short-term chance of taking Mattock's shirt.

Now you know THAT is complete and utter bollocks Thrac.

Nils has been a good enough servant but no-one will convince me he's the sort of left-back we want or the way forward for our club.

To me he is far too slow, especially on the turn, not a particularly good passer and lacks the athleticism to play more than briefly as an attacking full-back.

That said he has shown himself to be a generally solid and reliable defensive player and one who might well have served us well enough as cover.

But I doubt that would suit him and, if that's the case, I cannot see why anyone would lament his moving on.

Even before any signings we already have some cover at centre-back and Mattock, surely, will be first choce left-back.

Yep a pretty good post..agree with you !!

won't be too bothered if Nils goes. offers very little going forward as has been said and i don't even think he's that good a defender. better than Sheehan though, i'm not sure if he's kicked a ball with his right foot before. then again, nor had guppy before that goal against chelsea! cuurrrllll!!

I'm grateful for that goal and thought Nisse always tried to make the best of limited abilities.

He wasn't the first or last defender to be a bit sluggish and slow on the turn but he hid it well for the most part and rarely let us down.

I'll remember him as a solid, mostly reliable professional who had a magic last moment.

And I wish him every success in his new challenge and in the rest of his career. :thumbup:

AIK is a fooking shite team here in Sweden... :)

No kidding, AIK is one of Swedens biggest and most legendary clubs, but pretty fooking far from MY team here, since I'm Hammarby and they're main opponents.

Hammarby is the team where Patrik Gerrbrand used to play before.

I think that Nisse is gonna be needed in AIK though, cause their season hasn't really started that good yet.

Cheers.

/g

AIK is a fooking shite team here in Sweden... :)

No kidding, AIK is one of Swedens biggest and most legendary clubs, but pretty fooking far from MY team here, since I'm Hammarby and they're main opponents.

Hammarby is the team where Patrik Gerrbrand used to play before.

I think that Nisse is gonna be needed in AIK though, cause their season hasn't really started that good yet.

Cheers.

/g

they must be shit!

Archived