Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milan

JOE MATTOCK

yeah, the first goal started with him - great tackle in own penalty area, brought it out and a fantastic pin point long ball up to the front men...

Just turned it on now, do they only play 40 minutes each way? :unsure:

yep you are correct, its a bit scary considering how old they are with their ability

Pffft wimps, Mattock plays 90 minutes for us against full-grown men :D

very true but i think its a law or something because its still youth level. Their is some smashing players for england though

Perhaps we can pinch Daniel Rose of Leeds :P

he looks alright, but i think we have plenty of quality 16/17 year old strikers, already - do we not?

what is really sad is seeing 16 year olds diving and playing for free kicks - this english guy (don't know his name, no english commentary) just skinned a defender, clear through on goal, and trips himself up, deliberately - shame...

He's a fine tackler isn't he, Mattock, that's twice he's outpaced the winger and nicked the ball off his feet and started another move. Admittedly it's only against the Belgian U17s but well, you can only tackle what's in front of you.

what is really sad is seeing 16 year olds diving and playing for free kicks - this english guy (don't know his name, no english commentary) just skinned a defender, clear through on goal, and trips himself up, deliberately - shame...

unfortunately that don't look like it will ever change about 10 years ago i was playin for my primary school team & everytime any one gets sniffed in or around the box the coaches were screaming for them to drop like flies in training god knows how bad it is now i'll have to go & see my little cus train or summit :dunno:

Yeah I thought he looked a lot classier than a lot of the other players. Not as fancy as some but definately better on the ball, stronger, better tackler, better passer. Kept things simple, and in a second half which definately looked like a schoolboy game he looked like the only professional.

Watched most of the game and was very impressed with Mattock. As has been said, he did nothing fancy, but rarely wasted possession, looked pacey enough and had that aura of class which wasn't evident with many England players save for Rose, Moses and occasionally Welbeck.

Archived