Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milan

JOE MATTOCK

He seems to pick up injuries in every youth game he plays, plus that Preston game, is he just really unlucky, or very frail? :unsure:

He is still a growing lad so Im sure he will bulk up a little and maybe that will help him avoid getting injured so often.

Maybe we also need to invest in a decent strength and conditioning coach while Milan is splashing the cash about. There has to be a logical reason as to why our lads keep getting soft tissue injuries.

Sometimes weights and bulk are not the answer..flexibility training and explosive movement exercises will better condition a players' legs. Most hamstring injuries usually occur when a player takes off at top pace or firing a shot at goal..the muscle is not used to making such explosive movements that often. Most of them tend to happen later in a match when fatigue has begun to set in..so muscular endurance could also be a problem.

Having a good conditioning coach will reduce the pressure on any incoming manager as there will be less muscular injuries and therefore we will have a full list to choose from most weeks.

Maybe we also need to invest in a decent strength and conditioning coach while Milan is splashing the cash about. There has to be a logical reason as to why our lads keep getting soft tissue injuries.

Sometimes weights and bulk are not the answer..flexibility training and explosive movement exercises will better condition a players' legs. Most hamstring injuries usually occur when a player takes off at top pace or firing a shot at goal..the muscle is not used to making such explosive movements that often. Most of them tend to happen later in a match when fatigue has begun to set in..so muscular endurance could also be a problem.

Having a good conditioning coach will reduce the pressure on any incoming manager as there will be less muscular injuries and therefore we will have a full list to choose from most weeks.

Yeah i can understand your logic there and i think your spot on. Tbh i think that Milan will get some better coaching staff in come summertime. Especially after Wortho came in and said the fitness levels where appalling.

He seems to pick up injuries in every youth game he plays, plus that Preston game, is he just really unlucky, or very frail? :unsure:

If you watch how he plays, he's very much like Wesolowski and throws his whole body in to challenges, etc. The fact is, he picks up knocks but often recovers from them very quickly. I'm sure as he develops this won't be a problem.

If you watch how he plays, he's very much like Wesolowski and throws his whole body in to challenges, etc. The fact is, he picks up knocks but often recovers from them very quickly. I'm sure as he develops this won't be a problem.

I agree. I watched the game and he played very well. A great talent who needs looking after, developing and not flogging for cash.

Heartbreak For Young Lion Mattock

0,,10274~3185857,00.jpg

City's Joe Mattock played a full 90 minutes for England in their UEFA Under-17 Championships Final against Spain in Tournai, Belgium on Sunday evening.

However, the 16-year-old was unable to inspire his country as England's dream of ending 14 years without winning a major trophy ended in heartbreak as they went down narrowly 1-0.

However, their considerable consolation lies in qualifying for the World Championships later this year - a first for the Three Lions.

Mattock burst on to the City scene towards the latter part of this season, making four appearances for the Foxes.

Heartbreak For Young Lion Mattock

0,,10274~3185857,00.jpg

City's Joe Mattock played a full 90 minutes for England in their UEFA Under-17 Championships Final against Spain in Tournai, Belgium on Sunday evening.

However, the 16-year-old was unable to inspire his country as England's dream of ending 14 years without winning a major trophy ended in heartbreak as they went down narrowly 1-0.

However, their considerable consolation lies in qualifying for the World Championships later this year - a first for the Three Lions.

Mattock burst on to the City scene towards the latter part of this season, making four appearances for the Foxes.

So that means we`ll lose him for part of next season?? :unsure:

Who was their RB? He did some very interesting stuff from when I started watching around 60min mark...

So that means we`ll lose him for part of next season?? :unsure:

Probably not. Hopefully not, anyway.

Not a bloody clue when the tournament actually kicks off, but the U-20 world cup here in Canada starts sometime in June, so I suspect the U-17s play during the summer break too. So hopefully he'll be back with us for the start of the season - without injury, one hopes.

2007 Fifa U-17 World Cup / wikipedia.

Probably not. Hopefully not, anyway.

Not a bloody clue when the tournament actually kicks off, but the U-20 world cup here in Canada starts sometime in June, so I suspect the U-17s play during the summer break too. So hopefully he'll be back with us for the start of the season - without injury, one hopes.

2007 Fifa U-17 World Cup / wikipedia.

We will lose him for a while. Tournament starts 18th August, ends 9th September.

http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/U17/tournament...2007-54,00.html

Went to see England v Holland U19's last night @ that horrible little stadium down the M69 (Coventry for anyone that doesn't understand me) Poor, A team which tbh even Leicester could be tbh!

There passing movement was ok I spose, but some of the players were very greedy infront of goal and when they got that far up the field it was shocking. If thats the future England team, I'm even more worried than I am with out current England team.

England 1 - 2 Holland.

(England scored in the last minute and missed a Penalty just before H/T)

Surely the U19s aren't that important? They're stuck in no-man's land, I reckon.

Too old for the U17s who seem reasonably good at the minute... not good enough to force their way into the U21s.

So I suspect those playing for the U19s aren't that likely to feature for the senior side... not many of them anyway. :ph34r:

Surely the U19s aren't that important? They're stuck in no-man's land, I reckon.

Too old for the U17s who seem reasonably good at the minute... not good enough to force their way into the U21s.

So I suspect those playing for the U19s aren't that likely to feature for the senior side... not many of them anyway. :ph34r:

Hopefully :unsure:

Nah i'm making them sound worse than they are tbh, Indvidually they were ok, but if they were less greedy I think they have played alot better!

I only went because I had a free ticket.

Archived