Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newton, Jarrett and Horsefield

Wasn't that Kenton? :dunno:

The Championship said that but it was definitely Newton.

I'd be tempted to keep him but only as back up, in no way first choice. But then it's only going to mean less of a look in for Max Gradel, who has deserved a chance for 2 seasons now.

All out for me - not good enough, not consistent enough, just here to earn some cash.

It's a job, do you expect them to play for free?

Of course they are here to earn money - that's the nature of professional football. You can hardly have a go at them for that. They aren't going to have LCFC in their blood when they are only here for 3 months are they?

I presume these extremely poor players have officially left the club now? I very much doubt the new manager will go back to sign them permanently. Good riddance.

newton has played well recently. ok, he isn't the best player in the world, but he is nowhere near extremely poor. jarrett and horsfield were poor ye, i agree.

Of course they are here to earn money - that's the nature of professional football. You can hardly have a go at them for that. They aren't going to have LCFC in their blood when they are only here for 3 months are they?

Well I know that :rolleyes: it's as opposed to wanting to be here, I suspect you konw what I meant, it's like Nissa, we're a last resort to their real wishes - you seem to be popping and nit picking these days is life treating you badly :dunno:

Most players join a club to play some football in return for earning their cash - as was clearly DavieG's point.

As Championship footballers at least two of them didn't do that.

It's a pity wages aren't much more seriously based on performance - like they are when you work for yourself!.

Well I know that :rolleyes: it's as opposed to wanting to be here, I suspect you konw what I meant, it's like Nissa, we're a last resort to their real wishes - you seem to be popping and nit picking these days is life treating you badly :dunno:

:whistle:

In all seriousness I wouldn't keep any of them. Ok so Newton has shown glimpses but for me he's nowhere near consistent enough. That run yesterday said it all for me - did the hard work and beat about 3 men but completely lost his composure in the box and blazed it over.

Hardly.

Some of us don't have the time anymore to browse on here 24/7, so when I do make a point it's always short and to the point - unlike some :whistle:

Life is great, thanks. :thumbup:

Hardly.

Some of us don't have the time anymore to browse on here 24/7, so when I do make a point it's always short and to the point - unlike some :whistle:

Pleased to hear it Anish, as one of the many unemployed/stroke forced into early retirement I seem to be on here day and night :yawn::yawn:

Best of luck with whatever you're doing, Uni? anyway.

Pleased to hear it Anish, as one of the many unemployed/stroke forced into early retirement I seem to be on here day and night :yawn::yawn:

Best of luck with whatever you're doing, Uni? anyway.

No I'm now in the world of work, down in the big smoke.

Anyway, to get back to the topic, I'd keep Newton from the limited times I've seen him. Jarrett and Horsefield can get stuffed.

Newton is not 32 until August and has some decent experienced and I suppose has been under-played in the last couple of seasons so may still have life in his legs. Horsefield came here to earn a deal and has shown he isnt the player he used to be and Jarrett isnt the same player I saw a few seasons ago, maybe injuries have taken there toll on him.

I`d maybe keep Newton but thats only if we cant sign better quality players in the summer.

No I'm now in the world of work, down in the big smoke.

Anyway, to get back to the topic, I'd keep Newton from the limited times I've seen him. Jarrett and Horsefield can get stuffed.

Compared to the other two he is in a different league skills-wise but he's not looked at all interested for many parts of the games he's played in and that includes the wins at Preston & Barnsley. It's like he has to take a breather every ten minutes. Interest or fitness one or both are missing. I think he'd be shown up in a better squad and frankly I'm looking for a better squad with the wages MM is supposed to be offering.

Hardly.

Don't know about the rest but it's not top of my list to be like you...nor do I expect you were criticising people for spending time on the forum when you were knocking out the sentences by the thousands. :whistle:

I can't understand why someone half-decent (as Newts has been) is being named as a no-keeper by some.

We aren't buying 15 players over the summer...we need to keep the ones that aren't total shite. Newton isn't total shite.

So, a right back, a centre and a left. Two centre mids and a forward or two. The current incumbents of those positions should start prepping their CV's.

I can't understand why someone half-decent (as Newts has been) is being named as a no-keeper by some.

We aren't buying 15 players over the summer...we need to keep the ones that aren't total shite. Newton isn't total shite.

So, a right back, a centre and a left. Two centre mids and a forward or two. The current incumbents of those positions should start prepping their CV's.

Well he's not actually ours, if he was already under contract I'd say keep him based on your summation. As we are in a position where we need a right winger or two and we don't actually have any, Gradel apart then I'd like to think there are better options around, either way it will be a new contract offer situation be it Newton or someone else.

Well he's not actually ours, if he was already under contract I'd say keep him based on your summation. As we are in a position where we need a right winger or two and we don't actually have any, Gradel apart then I'd like to think there are better options around, either way it will be a new contract offer situation be it Newton or someone else.

I understand that - I am going on the assumption that he would be dirt cheap as his desire to return to the club where he was racially abused by the supporters must be pretty low.

This can't be broadened out as a debate unless we stipulate...how much would you pay to keep him?

I understand that - I am going on the assumption that he would be dirt cheap as his desire to return to the club where he was racially abused by the supporters must be pretty low.

This can't be broadened out as a debate unless we stipulate...how much would you pay to keep him?

Well that's easy - nothing, but that will be like most of our signings; the important question will be what's his current pay level and would he accept a reduction as I believe he's got a couple of years left on his WHU contract.

Archived