Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newton, Jarrett and Horsefield

I presume these extremely poor players have officially left the club now? I very much doubt the new manager will go back to sign them permanently. Good riddance.

Newton wasn't poor if you ask me.

Newton would be a real benefit to us next season, augmenting a side that had more quality in it.

He has run at players, provided crosses and shown some real determination that has been abjectly lacking from most of our contracted staff.

I would doubt he wants to return to West Ham.

Agreed with most people on here Newton has looked like he could do a job for us next season, pace power and runs all day don't think it's fair to include him the same bracket as Horsefield and Jarrett

Jarret and Horse :wave:

Both of the above were very poor most if not all the time they played for us.

However, Newton has recently shown that he can still be a decent right sided player. He played well aganst, Brum, Barnsley, PNE and he did well yesteday considering how crap the rest of the team were. I think we have a good chance of keeping him if him if the new manager is interested. After the racist abuse he recieved at West Ham I would imagine he's not keen on going back there.

Hopefully we'll keep Newton. Obviously he's over 17 so a lot of the resident mugs will want rid, but he's definately good enough to provide cover at the very least, and in a good side will do well.

The other two 'did a job' which is what they were bought in to do I suppose. Thanks, see you later, come the start of next season we will have forgotton you were ever here.

The horse should be put out to pasture. Followed by a visit to the glue factory.

Jarrett should receive 10 lashes at the town hall and then be packed off to Forest Green Rovers.

I'm undecided on Newton but we definitely need someone younger and better.

Newton's shown enough for me. Wouldn't cost much and would do a job. We need to focus our energies on a couple of central midfielders and a striker with a bit of presence. I wouldn't be wasting too much money on the fringes of the team. There's no point having two brilliant wingers if our central midfield remains as powderpuff as it has been this season. In fact, half the reason Newton has looked pretty good is because he has to do all the attacking through the centre (as he did in the Birmingham game, at times away at Barnsley and notably once or twice yesterday) as well as providing an outlet down the right wing.

Archived