Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC Women - Saturday May 12th (Walkers Stadium, 3pm)

It's mostly the keepers who aren't up to scratch to be brutally honest.

There are some quality lady players around. Just have a look into the improvement that has been made before you go slagging it off.

At least the England Women's TEAM have the right idea (regarding playing football as a TEAM.)

Apart from that Rachel Yankey girl from Arsenal, I really havent seen anyone else who has impressed me.

The women keepers are really awful though. Something like Sunday league standards.

Its funny viewing alright but it has its fans and is a growing sport so no doubt the standards will rise. For now, its almost as funny as watching and episode of The Office. :thumbup:

Talking of those keepers, the goal we let in was awfull and they should have had a second but our keeper flukily saved it after she left it (thinking it was going wide) and it hit the post and was going in but it hit her and she know nothing about it.

Comedy Quality football eh :thumbup:

I tried to play women's football and it's garbage. I would much rather have a kickabout with the lads then go through that again.

Womens soccer is quite popular here at school and college level; I was always impressed with the US team and Mia Hamm in particular.

My grand-daughter has just started to play..........she' 6 and has her first pair of boots.........pink they are. :doh:

I want to get her a Leicester shirt. Does anyone know if they make them that small?

Yeah but I'd wait 'til the new range are out, 'cos the JJB ones are toss!

PS: It's 'football'. ;)

Thanks ........ I apologize to all for that that phopah. However I hope she doesn't play football over here, she'd be wanting a pink helmet. :blink:

I want to get her a Leicester shirt. Does anyone know if they make them that small?

I imagine you'll find the right size somewhere in the "child" line of kit.

They don't sell just the shirts though, by the looks of it... you get the whole kit (a bit of a money spinner for the club that way, I suspect). ;)

Some parents give their kids awful hair cuts, others give them hand me down clothes. You, too, can be a cruel c**t: Buy them a City strip. ;)

Sounds like someone is talking about an unhappy childhood lol

From Fair Game. :thumbup:;):D:D

FRIENDLY

Leicester City 1-1 Birmingham City

(at The Walkers Stadium)

Leicester City FC Women’s team have had a truly exceptional season that has finished off three years worth of hard work and seen three successive promotions. The club really is on the up and has certainly made a statement of intent within the game not dropping one single league point in three years which is an outstanding achievement!

This season they have retained the County Cup beating Leicestershire Constabulary 4 -1, followed up by the League Cup beating Radcliffe Olympic 4 -1 alongside winning the league. Throughout the League campaign City have scored 112 league goals and only conceded 4 in only 18 games, the seasons tally overall including Cup games was a whopping 184 goals. City’s top goalscorer, Natasha Meade, being responsible for 41 of them.

City wanted to further put themselves to the test and hosted an exhibition game against FA Women’s Premier League National Division side Birmingham City Ladies last Saturday, who are currently three divisions above City, albeit next season City will only be two leagues adrift.

From the outset, Leicester made the most of playing at the Walkers Stadium and showed their quality from the start. Birmingham went ahead just before half time but the hosts kept battling and went close on several occasions.

The equalizer finally came with two minutes to go when Leicester surged forward and gained a free kick just outside the box. Rachel Williams stepped up and smashed the ball top corner, giving the Birmingham keeper no chance. The game finished 1–1 after a superb display of women’s football.

Leicester City Manager, Rehanne Skinner, said, “We have felt ready for the next challenge to gauge where we are at in the women’s pyramid and took this opportunity seriously to monitor our progress. The result was extremely pleasing especially since we have another two seasons worth of experience to gain before we can compete at that level every week. The players showed their ability and that we are on the right track and after a very pleasing season winning four out of five possible titles with out first and reserve squads, it was a great way to finish off the season.

"We are now looking to further strengthen the squad for next season and focus on the next promotion battle in the hope of being the first team in Leicestershire to get into the Premier League.â€

Archived