Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC Women - Saturday May 12th (Walkers Stadium, 3pm)

Saturday May 12th

FRIENDLY

Leicester City v Birmingham City

(Walkers Stadium, 3pm)

As a celebration of their superb efforts this season, Leicester City are having an exhibition game against FA Premier League side, Birmingham City. A tough test for the Foxes, who are currently two leagues below their visitors.

Leicester City Manager, Rehanne Skinner, said: "Leicester City have had an outstanding season winning the treble of League, League Cup and County Cup, whilst the reserves came runners up in their League and are League Cup finalists, hoping to also take that title this weekend.

"Leicester City have had a senior set up now for three seasons, which has provided a much needed outlet in Leicestershire for the successful Centre of Excellence. In three seasons it has been very beneficial as they have gained three successive promotions without dropping a single league point! Clocking up over 700 goals in three seasons, the young City side is definitely making forward steps.

"We have been very fortunate that LCFC have been very much behind the girls/women's set up for quite some time now this has proved to be the key when creating a professional environment for the players in an amateur sport. We are very ambitious and although the squad is very young their development has been crucial in our plans for the future and we are seeing the benefit now they have made their mark in the region.

"We are very much looking forward to next season's challenge in the Midlands Combination and are working towards being the first National League side in Leicestershire. It has been very pleasing that over time many of our players have been involved with England training camps plus some have gained several caps at youth levels. We hope to continue with the recent successes although we expect a much tougher season next year."

Leicester City FC welcome all supporters of the women’s game to the prestigious Walkers Stadium on Saturday 12th May, for a 3pm Kick off. Entrance is £2 on the gate, for what is hoped to be a great local derby, to display the development of the hosts ambitious players against high quality opposition.

Saturday May 12th

FRIENDLY

Leicester City v Birmingham City

(Walkers Stadium, 3pm)

As a celebration of their superb efforts this season, Leicester City are having an exhibition game against FA Premier League side, Birmingham City. A tough test for the Foxes, who are currently two leagues below their visitors.

Leicester City Manager, Rehanne Skinner, said: "Leicester City have had an outstanding season winning the treble of League, League Cup and County Cup, whilst the reserves came runners up in their League and are League Cup finalists, hoping to also take that title this weekend.

"Leicester City have had a senior set up now for three seasons, which has provided a much needed outlet in Leicestershire for the successful Centre of Excellence. In three seasons it has been very beneficial as they have gained three successive promotions without dropping a single league point! Clocking up over 700 goals in three seasons, the young City side is definitely making forward steps.

"We have been very fortunate that LCFC have been very much behind the girls/women's set up for quite some time now this has proved to be the key when creating a professional environment for the players in an amateur sport. We are very ambitious and although the squad is very young their development has been crucial in our plans for the future and we are seeing the benefit now they have made their mark in the region.

"We are very much looking forward to next season's challenge in the Midlands Combination and are working towards being the first National League side in Leicestershire. It has been very pleasing that over time many of our players have been involved with England training camps plus some have gained several caps at youth levels. We hope to continue with the recent successes although we expect a much tougher season next year."

Leicester City FC welcome all supporters of the women’s game to the prestigious Walkers Stadium on Saturday 12th May, for a 3pm Kick off. Entrance is £2 on the gate, for what is hoped to be a great local derby, to display the development of the hosts ambitious players against high quality opposition.

I'll never be that desperate to watch football.

Meanwhile, Where the Feck is my lift to the airport?

Womens football is p.c gone mad! I have watched a bit of womens football and it was the f.a cup final and the standard was truly awful. Its was worse than you would see down the park on a sundee. How anyone at lcfc's website can believe that LCFC fans will go to watch the women play for love of the beautiful game really does show how crazy their ideas are, and may be an indication to why the o.s is so bad.

womens football :yawn:

NEXT!

Womens football is p.c gone mad! I have watched a bit of womens football and it was the f.a cup final and the standard was truly awful. Its was worse than you would see down the park on a sundee. How anyone at lcfc's website can believe that LCFC fans will go to watch the women play for love of the beautiful game really does show how crazy their ideas are, and may be an indication to why the o.s is so bad.

womens football :yawn:

NEXT!

I've said it before and i'll say it again...

Comedy Football.

Thats the one, she is one mighty fine chick. The striker who missed chance upon chance was hot aswell. I'll have her instead.

Missed her. Was too busy watching Caz pacing up and down the wing.

Given time and money, the Women's game will grow in stature and quality.

By today's standards, I bet 1870's football was mostly of the comedy sort. :whistle:

Still, some people will never buy into Women's football because they hate women or think they should be locked in the kitchen or something. lol

Still, each his own and all... ;)

Given time and money, the Women's game will grow in stature and quality.

By today's standards, I bet 1870's football was mostly of the comedy sort. :whistle:

Still, some people will never buy into Women's football because they hate women or think they should be locked in the kitchen or something. lol

Still, each his own and all... ;)

Only cos your pal's with a certain someone!! :D:P

Archived