Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Hot Chip

Two things:

1. Fez, TPH and anyone else lucky enough to get tickets for the Hot Chip gig at Somerset House if you're hardcore enough there's an after party at London Bridge that looks like quite a lot of fun - After Party

2. Hot Chip are playing the Lovebox Weekender on that weekend in Victoria Park. Not only does this look a pretty good mini festival it means I can actually see them live! Hoorah.

That is all.

• 2 weeks later...
Well?

Was it really :cool: or really really :cool: ?

It was really good, yeah. We were dead centre directly behind the row of people leant against the barriers at the front so couldn't have asked for a better view. Typical London crowd though, took til halfway through for most of them to wake up. Had that experience twice now in the past month. Full of bloody public school kids too, blatantly never been to a gig before ("Excuse me, can you not stand there, just waiting for my mate to come back" WTF?! right down the front, this is!! Incredible...)

Really pleased with how long the set was though and the new songs (they played five or six) are fantastic, especially Out At The Pictures, which is on YouTube from a NY gig a few months ago - well worth checking out.

Did you get into Lovebox?

It was really good, yeah. We were dead centre directly behind the row of people leant against the barriers at the front so couldn't have asked for a better view. Typical London crowd though, took til halfway through for most of them to wake up. Had that experience twice now in the past month. Full of bloody public school kids too, blatantly never been to a gig before ("Excuse me, can you not stand there, just waiting for my mate to come back" WTF?! right down the front, this is!! Incredible...)

Really pleased with how long the set was though and the new songs (they played five or six) are fantastic, especially Out At The Pictures, which is on YouTube from a NY gig a few months ago - well worth checking out.

**DELETE**

That's definitely a London thing. Too many wankers.

Yeah on one of my few forays in to the "What are you listening to now" thread I noticed the link you posted. Tis a good tune although still prefer the lighter, trippier stuff off of Coming on Strong.

Lovebox didn't happen. I paid the price for a rather heavy Friday night and sacked off the rest of my weekend.

Oh yeah, were the dancing shoes ok following your injury?!

That's definitely a London thing. Too many wankers.

Yeah on one of my few forays in to the "What are you listening to now" thread I noticed the link you posted. Tis a good tune although still prefer the lighter, trippier stuff off of Coming on Strong.

Lovebox didn't happen. I paid the price for a rather heavy Friday night and sacked off the rest of my weekend.

Oh yeah, were the dancing shoes ok following your injury?!

Haha, they were absolutely fine. Somerset House is all cobbled stone though, my lower legs were caning by the end.

You gonna go to Underworld you reckon?

Hmm, that seems to be fairly typical for London gigs - I've found a similar atmosphere myself in the past. Glad you had a good time though! :thumbup::cool:

Hmm, that seems to be fairly typical for London gigs - I've found a similar atmosphere myself in the past. Glad you had a good time though! :thumbup::cool:

Yeah. Went to see Good Shoes in Soho a few weeks ago and it took til the last few songs for anyone to do anything. Saw them in Northampton on Friday night and the place was mental for the whole of their set.

Certainly takes an edge off, which is a real shame as it's so easy to get to for me and everyone does a date there.

Hot Chip rock :worship::wub:

I'm loving The Warning and Coming on Strong but haven't got DJ Kicks. Would you guys recommend? :dunno:

Personally I love The Warning (:wub:) but not so keen on DJ Kicks just because it's not their own stuff.

The DJ Kicks compilation is quality.

It not only gives an insight into the influences and inspirations behind Hot Chip but the tunes are excellent as well.

I'd also highly recommend the Nightmares on Wax DK Kicks compilation - funk, hip hop and soul blended really rather well.

It not only gives an insight into the influences and inspirations behind Hot Chip but the tunes are excellent as well.

I'd also highly recommend the Nightmares on Wax DK Kicks compilation - funk, hip hop and soul blended really rather well.

I'm going to get both of these, I've just decided.

And the Thievery Corporation AOL Session, which is probably the best mix album I have ever heard and which you can get as just one track on eMusic, 51 minutes long.

Nothing to do with Hot Chip or DJ Kicks, just had to shoehorn it into a thread somewhere.

And the Thievery Corporation AOL Session, which is probably the best mix album I have ever heard and which you can get as just one track on eMusic, 51 minutes long.

Nothing to do with Hot Chip or DJ Kicks, just had to shoehorn it into a thread somewhere.

Ahh Thievery Corporation, got a bit of their stuff. Up the same street as Kruder and Dorfmeister who also did a fantastic DJ Kicks compilation.

As for best mix album for me it's Rae and Christian's Blazing the Crop - funky UK hip hop and soul from the Grand Central record label. Their own album Northern Sulphuric Soul is quality too.

Downloaded the DJ Kicks compilation album that Hot Chip have put together - same series of mixes as those done by the likes of Nightmares on Wax, DJ Cam, etc.

Really not heard that much by the group themselves but f**k me this compilation is quality!

Get it.

But this made me think - what's their own stuff like? If it's anything like the influences on this album suggests then I imagine it's pretty damn good.

I am downloading DJ Kicks as we speak. I have the Erland Oye one from 2004, it had Alan Braxe and Fred Falke - Rubicon' on it and which openeed up a new world of synthy 80s electro style music for me. Ace

Archived