Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

ACTIM

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1026501,00.html

City striker Iain Hume has been named the Foxes' Actim Player-of-the-Season.

Hume, who finished 27th in the final Actim Index - the official Player Ratings of the Coca-Cola Championship - is the club's highest-ranked player in the Index this season with 517 points.

He has contributed 13 league goals, 83 shots, 46 tackles, four clearances, nine interceptions, one block, 27 dribbles, 453 passes, 46 crosses and one assist in 3,747 minutes of football.

Other City players who have ranked highly in the Actim Index during the season are Patrick Kisnorbo (47th), Nils-Eric Johansson (115th) Gareth McAuley (183rd) and Paul Henderson (187th).

The Actim Index is calculated using a unique mathematical formula that rates each player's contribution be it goals, shots, passes, dribbles, tackles, crosses, saves, clearances, blocks, interceptions, time on the pitch or number of points gained by the team with marks deducted for red and yellow cards.

Interesting that Nils scored quite highly, what is the general feeling on keeping him?? I am not to bothered either way to be honest, if he stays good, but if not then no great loss. Very solid defensively but so slow on the ball and offers very little going forward, even though he does try!!

27th? In the whole league? That's pleasantly surprising, actually. Well ahead of a few notable names, too, Koumas (31), Kevin Phillips (51), Lee Cook (52) and one Mister Zoltan Gera (92)

Nicely done, son! It's also worth noting, however, that Lilian Nalis made the top 100. As seen here (pdf)

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1026501,00.html

City striker Iain Hume has been named the Foxes' Actim Player-of-the-Season.

Hume, who finished 27th in the final Actim Index - the official Player Ratings of the Coca-Cola Championship - is the club's highest-ranked player in the Index this season with 517 points.

He has contributed 13 league goals, 83 shots, 46 tackles, four clearances, nine interceptions, one block, 27 dribbles, 453 passes, 46 crosses and one assist in 3,747 minutes of football.

Other City players who have ranked highly in the Actim Index during the season are Patrick Kisnorbo (47th), Nils-Eric Johansson (115th) Gareth McAuley (183rd) and Paul Henderson (187th).

The Actim Index is calculated using a unique mathematical formula that rates each player's contribution be it goals, shots, passes, dribbles, tackles, crosses, saves, clearances, blocks, interceptions, time on the pitch or number of points gained by the team with marks deducted for red and yellow cards.

Load of bollocks, those things. Statistics never tell the whole story. :rolleyes:

Load of bollocks, those things. Statistics never tell the whole story. :rolleyes:

No you are right, they don't tell the WHOLE story but they do tell A story.

And when you combine this story with seeing the guy play, match reports and general opinion you realise that he is deservedly our player of the season.

Regardless of who we sign in the summer I still think Hume can be an influential player for us next season.

Interesting that Nils scored quite highly, what is the general feeling on keeping him?? I am not to bothered either way to be honest, if he stays good, but if not then no great loss. Very solid defensively but so slow on the ball and offers very little going forward, even though he does try!!

I think you'll find Skills has some very nifty footwork. :cool:

No you are right, they don't tell the WHOLE story but they do tell A story.

And when you combine this story with seeing the guy play, match reports and general opinion you realise that he is deservedly our player of the season.

And I totally agree with you, he's been head and shoulders above. :thumbup:

I was just pointing out that you can never rely on them stats survey things - ACTIM, Opta, they're all shite IMO.

Archived