Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smiley Tom

Latest Transfer News

Thought you all might like to know some latest news / snippets about the comings and goings at Leicester. If you have a look back to around this time last year I posted a similar topic / post. This was just after I had met Tim Davies at an event and I met him again on Sunday. He wouldn't reveal any names as such but I did get this much from him.

The club are looking to sign 8 players this summer at least, depending upon if any more leave. These will be in the following positions:

GK

LB

CB (Experienced)

LM

CM

CM

RM

ST

ST

They are currently involved in negotiations with 6 players but none will actually sign until they know who the manager is. I pressed him on whether any future manager had been involved with this list of 6 and he said no but they are the kind of players any managter would want. The only players I managed to get him to discuss were Bruno N'Gotty, who is the number 1 choice CB we're after, although Brum have offered him 16K a week to stay, he'd prefer playing for us, and Shaun Newton, who has apparently got lots of offers and they're not sure how well he would last the season.

As for possible exits he only mentioned MDV, Big Rab and Elvis, but said there wasn't really anything happening with them at the moment. He did said he spoke to Levein the other day about a possibility with one of them though.

When pressed about a new manager he said that most of the people being linked have been talked to, as well as a few names who haven't been mentioned yet and might suprise a few people. Apparently they approached Ince on the condition that Bryan Kidd came as his number 2, but he was offered more money to become the assistant at Sheff Utd with Bryan Robson. Any appointment will come by the end of May though for definate.

Thought you all might like to know some latest news / snippets about the comings and goings at Leicester. If you have a look back to around this time last year I posted a similar topic / post. This was just after I had met Tim Davies at an event and I met him again on Sunday. He wouldn't reveal any names as such but I did get this much from him.

The club are looking to sign 8 players this summer at least, depending upon if any more leave. These will be in the following positions:

GK

LB

CB (Experienced)

LM

CM

CM

RM

ST

ST

They are currently involved in negotiations with 6 players but none will actually sign until they know who the manager is. I pressed him on whether any future manager had been involved with this list of 6 and he said no but they are the kind of players any managter would want. The only players I managed to get him to discuss were Bruno N'Gotty, who is the number 1 choice CB we're after, although Brum have offered him 16K a week to stay, he'd prefer playing for us, and Shaun Newton, who has apparently got lots of offers and they're not sure how well he would last the season.

As for possible exits he only mentioned MDV, Big Rab and Elvis, but said there wasn't really anything happening with them at the moment. He did said he spoke to Levein the other day about a possibility with one of them though.

When pressed about a new manager he said that most of the people being linked have been talked to, as well as a few names who haven't been mentioned yet and might suprise a few people. Apparently they approached Ince on the condition that Bryan Kidd came as his number 2, but he was offered more money to become the assistsnat at Sheff Utd with Bryan Robson. Any appointment will come by the end of May though for definate.

Intresting. I think we have got enough center backs but im glad to see the ammount of midfielders being looked at. Also glad to see De Vries, Douglas and Hammond leaving :thumbup: I hope your right on the date of the new manager. Im starting to get annoyed with the time its taking to get the new manager.

To be fair I think N'Gotty is being brought in as cover more than anything, if indeed he's comming... a mate of mine who was listening to Sky said both Hendrie and DeZeeuw were mentioned but didnt hear anything bout N'Gotty, frankly I'd rather have Unsworth as cover... but Hendrie and DeZeeuw would be decent enougth.

To be fair I think N'Gotty is being brought in as cover more than anything, if indeed he's comming... a mate of mine who was listening to Sky said both Hendrie and DeZeeuw were mentioned but didnt hear anything bout N'Gotty, frankly I'd rather have Unsworth as cover... but Hendrie and DeZeeuw would be decent enougth.

Unsworths legs went about 5 years ago and he is horribly overweight!

De Zeeuw anf N'Gotty are both in far better shape!

we are sure to sign a left back now nisse has gone back sweden :(
Joe Mattock. :unsure:

Exactly.

We don't need to sign players for postions we already have covered. If we do that we wont improve anywhere.

He's 17(?)

I doubt he'd be able to play 50 games next season

True. But surely our priority should be to sign players we've lacked for a whole season.

If we could bring in a versatile player to cover a few postions as back up then that would help a lot.

True. But surely our priority should be to sign players we've lacked for a whole season.

If we could bring in a versatile player to cover a few postions as back up then that would help a lot.

Kenton should cover at LB. Even though my suspicion is that MM hasn't bought yet because he hasn't sold (or found sellers for the current squad. Kind of having a trim but capable squad

Kenton should cover at LB. Even though my suspicion is that MM hasn't bought yet because he hasn't sold (or found sellers for the current squad. Kind of having a trim but capable squad

Or the fact we haven't got a manager who knows who he wants to keep and sell.

Yup

And i also dont see how that works out :unsure:

The point I was trying to get at was if we sign players for positons we have covered they'll be on the bench a lot of the time, meaning we don't improve where we need to. But I see what you're getting at.

not got a link but if Matin Allen is unveiled as leicester manager then he will waste no time signing izale mcleod

McLeod is lazy and has a massive attitude problem apparently. This is from a mate who's a Dons fan. Wolves were sniffing round him most of last season before they plumped for Keogh, obviously didn't fancy taking the risk.

Archived