Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

New Official Site

Basic rule of website design .... KEEP IT SIMPLE and ADDRESS WHAT YOUR VIEWERS WANT .... (not what companies want to advertise)

- this has too much advertising

Vertical revenue streams - a way of making money via advertsing...

- no clearly labeled navigation system

TABBED navigation

- poor graphic layout

Editorial style which is more in line to newspaper style layout

- no sense of location for the viewer

Where, again look and learn

- font is too small

3 font sizes top right, this actually is user friendly, a big subkect called the 'disability act'that should allow any visit to the site to access the information, fonts must be scaleable

- too much information which is irrelevant to the fans

Where? there is content and advertsising content. thats modern day life, go and look at liverpoolfc.tv

PREMIUM TV - very poor design and the same old problems with LCW highlights and macintosh computers.

very poor design, do you know anything about design? its all about accessing new info and quickly, and were not all the same so there is alot of content that has been included in a useable format

In 2007 that is simply not good enough, I for one will not be renewing this year.

thats your choice, but not everyones

I do think they have over done it on the MONOTONE BLUENESS of the pics thou

I quite like it - seems easier to get around than the old one.

The headlines on the front page are out of order though (date order, I mean - they don't say all Leicester fans are tw@ts or anything like that). Lots of ads, but in this day and age we cannot really expect anything else.

I will still rely on this forum and Newsnow for latest info though.

The fact that the picture gallery had a blummin great advert in the middle of the pics of our new manager tells you what their priorities are.

Fewer adverts and it would be just about alright.

:frusty:

I do think they have over done it on the MONOTONE BLUENESS of the pics thou

FOX IN A BOX:

Your previous response and comments prove that you no nothing of website design and graphic layouts. As someone who owns a website design company in a foreign country I think that I do know what I am talking about...... which leads to the next question of ......... Do YOU know what your talking about ? I think not ...... get back in the box and stay there.

Here is a simple website test: If when the page loads (should be within 5-8 seconds at most but because of all the advertising it takes longer) how long does it take before you can find what you want ? If it takes more then a second or two the website has failed. Alternatively, look at the website and then turn off the computer....... 5 minutes later will you be able to remember and describe the layout....... with the site I do not think so, again this marks a poor website design, as fans we do not want all those ads given equal space alongside the football club's latest news. I do not want to see the PTV appearing more than once on the screen, the navigation system is crap as you dont instantly know where you are at any given time.

This represents a package website and no more, if it were QUALITY it would not be a standard PTV template and subsequently would not be a LCFC website. With all of today's web technology this is a SH** effort.

Now that its actually updated I have to say that I prefer the old one. Having a giant advert in the middle of a story is annoying and I keep clicking on links to stories that are for Leicester City world only because I dont notice that little film picture next to it. :doh:

It really is quite noticeable and a breath of fresh air that they getting in first with the news re LCFC, why it's never been the case I don't know.

It makes a change to look at the OS to see what's happening rather than NewsNow or Sky or some other football news media.

Long may it continue as it at least has a function in life now.

It really is quite noticeable and a breath of fresh air that they getting in first with the news re LCFC, why it's never been the case I don't know.

It is a wonderful experience, isn't it?

Perhaps the latest incarnation of the website has been simplified at the back-end too - the bit that the website people use to add stories and such. The original one dated from 2002 or so, so perhaps the interface for posting and updated information wasn't as straightforward as the latest version. That could be a factor... I'm sure ours wasn't the only OS that was hopelessly slow at getting the information to us.

I also note that whenever Allen 'speaks' directly to the website, it says 'Posted by Martin Allen at...' almost as if he'd typed it up and posted it himself...

Whether that's the case, or it's a mere appearance I assume we won't really know... but that might also explain some of the vitesse we've seen with the reporting of late. If Martin Allen can just hop onto the computer in his office and type what he wants to say, he's cutting out the middle man and saving some time.

It's all rather curious.

It is a wonderful experience, isn't it?

Perhaps the latest incarnation of the website has been simplified at the back-end too - the bit that the website people use to add stories and such. The original one dated from 2002 or so, so perhaps the interface for posting and updated information wasn't as straightforward as the latest version. That could be a factor... I'm sure ours wasn't the only OS that was hopelessly slow at getting the information to us.

I also note that whenever Allen 'speaks' directly to the website, it says 'Posted by Martin Allen at...' almost as if he'd typed it up and posted it himself...

Whether that's the case, or it's a mere appearance I assume we won't really know... but that might also explain some of the vitesse we've seen with the reporting of late. If Martin Allen can just hop onto the computer in his office and type what he wants to say, he's cutting out the middle man and saving some time.

It's all rather curious.

Er, d'ya not think he might have a minion do that for him?! :dunno::whistle:

Archived