Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Allen interview In Merc

Milan Mandaric finally got his man today as he appointed Martin Allen as the new Leicester City manager.

The 41-year-old former Brentford and MK Dons boss arrives at the Walkers Stadium on a three-year deal.

And Allen is thrilled at the prospect of being charged with restoring City to their former status.

He said: "I am so, so excited. I have been waiting for something like this for so many years. I think I have had a lottery win.

"As a manager, to make a two-division jump is not something you can turn down. To try to eventually get into the Premiership is too much of an opportunity to miss, and I am delighted to get this chance.

"The club has not done a great deal over the last four years, finishing 18th, 15th, 16th and 19th, but all the clubs I have gone to have managed to turn it around and start winning matches, and without doubt the Walkers Stadium will be buzzing. There is a big, enthusiastic following who will share my own determination to bring a winning team here for them, and I am sure that, with their backing, we will have a winning side.

"I don't like being even in mid-table, never mind the bottom, as the club has been, and it is my job to be as near the top as possible.

"I can hardly believe it, but it does not fill me with fear. I have been hoping for this for a long time, and I am excited at the prospect of working with Milan Mandaric along with all the fans who have the club at heart.

"Working together, I am sure we can be successful."

Allen, who agreed a deal last night, added: "It came as a shock to me when my chairman at MK Dons told me what was happening.

"I had been concentrating only on the play-offs. I enjoyed my time there and at Brentford, but I am delighted and honoured that he (Mandaric) has chosen me for this job."

Allen will start to build an infrastructure at the club, the details of which will be finalised in due course.

New players will now be arriving in numbers, and Mandaric said: "Martin fits all the criteria I had in mind. He is enthusiastic and ambitious, and I wanted someone with the same passion for the club as I have myself. He ticked all the boxes and I am delighted he has joined us.

"I will definitely be giving him all the support he needs in terms of trying to get new players into the club and giving him all the back-up staff he wants. I am sure he is the right man to take us forward."

Milan Mandaric finally got his man today as he appointed Martin Allen as the new Leicester City manager.

The 41-year-old former Brentford and MK Dons boss arrives at the Walkers Stadium on a three-year deal.

And Allen is thrilled at the prospect of being charged with restoring City to their former status.

He said: "I am so, so excited. I have been waiting for something like this for so many years. I think I have had a lottery win.

"As a manager, to make a two-division jump is not something you can turn down. To try to eventually get into the Premiership is too much of an opportunity to miss, and I am delighted to get this chance.

"The club has not done a great deal over the last four years, finishing 18th, 15th, 16th and 19th, but all the clubs I have gone to have managed to turn it around and start winning matches, and without doubt the Walkers Stadium will be buzzing. There is a big, enthusiastic following who will share my own determination to bring a winning team here for them, and I am sure that, with their backing, we will have a winning side.

"I don't like being even in mid-table, never mind the bottom, as the club has been, and it is my job to be as near the top as possible.

"I can hardly believe it, but it does not fill me with fear. I have been hoping for this for a long time, and I am excited at the prospect of working with Milan Mandaric along with all the fans who have the club at heart.

"Working together, I am sure we can be successful."

Allen, who agreed a deal last night, added: "It came as a shock to me when my chairman at MK Dons told me what was happening.

"I had been concentrating only on the play-offs. I enjoyed my time there and at Brentford, but I am delighted and honoured that he (Mandaric) has chosen me for this job."

Allen will start to build an infrastructure at the club, the details of which will be finalised in due course.

New players will now be arriving in numbers, and Mandaric said: "Martin fits all the criteria I had in mind. He is enthusiastic and ambitious, and I wanted someone with the same passion for the club as I have myself. He ticked all the boxes and I am delighted he has joined us.

"I will definitely be giving him all the support he needs in terms of trying to get new players into the club and giving him all the back-up staff he wants. I am sure he is the right man to take us forward."

Welcome Martin :thumbsup:

If he can keep that level of enthusiasm up at least we'll have a team that cares again. He sounds absolutely made up. I like him.

He excites me a bit more than Worthington did when he took over lol

He excites me a bit more than Worthington did when he took over lol

Not seen anything by MM thanking Worthington, or the like...odd? I'd have thought he'd have said something to the media. :dunno:

Bit of a tangent here (and i'm not sure if it's been mentioned here yet) but it's on the interview kinda vibe, did anybody hear the Allen interview with the beeb where he compared league 1 & 2 football to the veg in a sunday roast dinner? :laugh: and apparently LCFC is the meat :blink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_66...bw=bb&mp=rm

worth a look

:thumbup:

i fooking love him and his attitude! he's as mad as a bag of cats, and he's right not to promise anything :wub::blush:

I was thinking that myself Lemond, it's very odd. :unsure:

He's going to be discovered after Milan leaves, revealed as a hi-tec robot gathering dust in Milan's stationary cupboard.

Maybe.

Archived