Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I8AM

City's top earner.....?

I wasted a serious point on a poor joke.

Why are people going on about knowing their work colleagues salaries? Mark de Vries and Rab Douglas are not our work colleagues anyway.

I know my colleagues' salaries... but it's a small company and stuff. I never asked to know them. I don't have a right to know them as such. Actually.. I might.

Anyway, I think we're all agreed that de Vries isn't worth a fiver a week to us at the moment, let alone some of the figures bandied upon here.

It's like Elvis though. In a way, I have a grudging respect for the way that they've taken such little talent and made such a grotesque amount of money out of it.

What the hell does it matter?.

It only provokes envy and bitterness.

It also pays testimony to people's greed, their preoccupation with fickle status, the illusion of worthiness through power and control plus so much more that demeans a human being.

Ask Alan Ball and George Best if money measures anything that matters.

All that remains now they're gone is not what they were paid, where they lived or what car they drove but simply what they did, how they did it and how they are remembered.

And when the One Great Scorer Comes....

It only provokes envy and bitterness.

It also pays testimony to people's greed, their preoccupation with fickle status, the illusion of worthiness through power and control plus so much more that demeans a human being.

Ask Alan Ball and George Best if money measures anything that matters.

All that remains now they're gone is not what they were paid, where they lived or what car they drove but simply what they did, how they did it and how they are remembered.

And when the One Great Scorer Comes....

Erm, how are we going to do that then exactly?

Heavenly wisdom! :whistle:

Being serious your examples are beyond appauling, one alcholic who retired from football to live the life of riley and open a night club to make more money. And another bloke who sold his World Cup winners medal to make money :rolleyes:

Being serious your examples are beyond appauling, one alcholic who retired from football to live the life of riley and open a night club to make more money. And another bloke who sold his World Cup winners medal to make money :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right.

I did at first wonder whether it was another of Hullfox's gems, it was so ridiculously Thracian, but, it was Thracian!

Still, let's not let something as trifling as facts cloud what was otherwise a semi-convincing argument from our resident style-over-substance wordsmith!

Or put another way, one bloke who took the opportunity to live away from another person by going through a transplant op and another who didn't.

I've said my entire life that I would give a limb, play for peanuts just to pull on the blue shirt for 1 game but in truth life just isnt like that. If we were that talented we would still have an agent and still probaly ask for more than we deserved.

Bring on wage capping!!

Who'd you reckon this I8AM is then?

If you re-arrange the name I-hate(8)-MA (Martin Allen) :whistle:

Is this a pissed off player becasue Mad dogs already told him to fck off? :whistle:

:ph34r: Conspiracy :ph34r:

You can't have a go at Alan Ball for selling his World Cup medal - the bloke just wanted to make some cash for his family's future security. Obviously as a 50+ year-old ginger short-arse, the Gillette and Hugo Boss ad offers had begun to dry up a little.

Bally was a top bloke. It was just a pity only dogs could hear him speak.

Because every penny we pay Douglas and MDV is money that could have been spent on employing players of REAL quality at our club.

It also helps to explain why the previous board were so anxious to offload the club to Mandaric.

God knows how he must feel at having to bankroll these wasters.

Archived