Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
skegness fox

WORST CITY SIDE EVER

awesome goal, awesome (if not the best technically gifted) player! :worship:

If we'd have had Coatsworth in our midfield last season instead of any of Johnson, Tiatto, Jarrett, Hughes we would definitely have finished higher in the league, it wouldn't have been pretty but the oppo would have been glad when the final whistle blew.

Facts might prove me wrong but I seem to remember we went through a bad time when Jock Wallace was at the helm?

Like I said, facts might prove me wrong...

Further, I don't think we have done at all well under Scots, have we??

Easy........

Henderson

Stearman Kisnorbo McCauley Kenton

Low Johnson Hughes Porter

Fryatt Hammond

The ones in bold... there must surely have been worse. You only have to go back a few years to the Micky Adams era in most cases. :blink:

Unless of course you've only taken a serious interest in the club over the course of the last year. Even then, there's worse than some of the players named. :ph34r:

Facts might prove me wrong but I seem to remember we went through a bad time when Jock Wallace was at the helm?

Like I said, facts might prove me wrong...

Further, I don't think we have done at all well under Scots, have we??

Well he steered the club back to the old first division with one of the youngest sides ever marshalled and took us to the FA Cup semi-finals.

McLintock, Hamilton, Levein, Kelly all achieved much less. I would say he was more successful than most in the circumstances.

Well he steered the club back to the old first division with one of the youngest sides ever marshalled and took us to the FA Cup semi-finals.

McLintock, Hamilton, Levein, Kelly all achieved much less. I would say he was more successful than most in the circumstances.

Pah! I knew it would be you to give the facts.

As Homer Simpson once said "Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"

I just remember not liking him so he must have done something wrong!

THIS IS MY WORST CITY SIDE FROM THE PLAYERS I CAN REMEMBER CAN U BETTER IT

KALAC

PLATENUER

SPEARING

WILLIS

COATSWORTH

OLDFIELD

WISE

RICKY HILL

FLIP FLOP

AKINBIYI

ORMONDROYD

MANAGER DAVID PLEAT

COACH PETER TAYLOR

IT WOULD STILL PROBABLY BEAT THE CURRENT SIDE

If it wasnt for sticks walshie would never have scored that famous win over Derby at wembley.

Well, thats a tricky one, there was so many. I should think Junior Lewis is a certainty, I'm sure it would be tight between Spearing and Johansson, perhaps Spearing should get it, but are you sure with Ormonroyd, was he really that bad, remember we have had Elvis and De Vries ?

Yeh sorry,scrap Ormondroyd and put in De Vries

Well, thats a tricky one, there was so many. I should think Junior Lewis is a certainty, I'm sure it would be tight between Spearing and Johansson, perhaps Spearing should get it, but are you sure with Ormonroyd, was he really that bad, remember we have had Elvis and De Vries ?

We've surely had plenty of left-bakcs worse than Johansson...

Where is Marc North ?

Coatsworth and Oldfield are legends !!!!!!!!

Sticks was not that bad (Derby at Wembley almost made him a hero until Walsh tapped it in)......

I loved Phil Gee/ Tommy Wright / Kevin Russell ........ wonder what they are doing now..........

Mark North, good call.Yeh Tommy Wright, up with the best of em for me!

Pah! I knew it would be you to give the facts.

As Homer Simpson once said "Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"

I just remember not liking him so he must have done something wrong!

Well you weren't disappointed then :rolleyes: , besides it's not just facts.

I actually liked him in some respects the situation of his arrival is not to disimilar to Allens, we'd just avoided relegation after the worst season ever under McLintock ( 4 wins I believe)) and he was a renowned hard task master, ring any bells re Allen, he filled the team with young talented players like Gary Lineker, Andy Peake, Bobby Smith, Larry May, Alan Young, Ian Wilson, John O'Neal to name but a few.

Remember this: The Hill

Oh how we could have done with Jock Wallace for the last couple of seasons

THIS IS MY WORST CITY SIDE FROM THE PLAYERS I CAN REMEMBER CAN U BETTER IT

KALAC

PLATENUER

SPEARING

WILLIS

COATSWORTH

OLDFIELD

WISE

RICKY HILL

FLIP FLOP

AKINBIYI

ORMONDROYD

MANAGER DAVID PLEAT

COACH PETER TAYLOR

IT WOULD STILL PROBABLY BEAT THE CURRENT SIDE

Sorry...what?

Kalac plays now and again for Milan

Oldfield was class looking back at old videos

So was Ormondroyd

MY WORST ELEVEN (bearing in mind only started supporting leicester since 2000 - which surely have been seven of the worst years in our history?)

DOUGLAS

ROGERS

GILBERT

MAKIN

MARSHALL

SYLLA

LEWIS

JOHNSON

LOW

AKINBIYI

DE VRIES

I know Makin and Gilbert aren't central defenders but we havent exactly had any really bad CD's in the last few years....

Sorry...what?

Kalac plays now and again for Milan

Oldfield was class looking back at old videos

So was Ormondroyd

You obviously never saw them play. Kalac was a disaster for us. As for Oldfield and Ormonroyd they weren't the worst players ever but you couldn't call them class either.

Marc North wasn't that bad. He was the ultimate utility man and ended up in goal on a couple of occasions.

To be fair he was average all over the pitch but not totally dreadful.

There can be no worse keeper than Pressman that bugger got lobbed by another keeper FFS!

yeah good call , i cant remembering him ever being bad enough for a worst city 11 !!! his goalkeeper skills were called on a fair few times

No way Jimmy Willis shouild be in there. He would have run through a brick wall for the team if you had asked him and that alone makes him more useful that many of the players to wear the shirt recently.

In my worst ever team I would give all eleven places to Dennis Wise.

Simon

Who gives a monkey's about this thread. Lets get something positive started about this city and football club. Bloody typical negative LCFC thread harking on about how bad, how unlucky, how cruel, how hard done by this club is.

As Arnold Palmer once said “It's a funny thing, the more I practice the luckier I getâ€Â. And we have a huge fan base that can turn us into a premiership force again.

Mods please close this thread for the good of the forum.

Archived