Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Reneil 'Ricky' Sappleton

...or he could just be a QPR reject. :ermm:

*** Warning *** *** Warning *** *** Warning ***

Error code: #073

Borderline negativity alert!

Suggested action: Praise Martin Allen for his motivational abilities

Pithy. Check.

Amusing. Check.

Poster I like. Check.

Right... 3 checks. I'll give that a smiley.

:thumbup:

:worship:

lol lol lol

'Ricky' may be a QPR reject, but if anyone can get the best out of him, it's Martin Allen. ;)

From what a guy on here told me is that he has an attitude problem and thats why QPR let him go & the attitude problem was picked up at Liverpool aswell. I don't know if theres truth in it, but it could be a reason why they let him go. MA will get shot straight away if hes causing trouble

From what a guy on here told me is that he has an attitude problem and thats why QPR let him go & the attitude problem was picked up at Liverpool aswell. I don't know if theres truth in it, but it could be a reason why they let him go. MA will get shot straight away if hes causing trouble

I think it's only customary in Colombia to shoot the managers.. :thumbup:

lol, good one. I'll make sure to say "shot of him" next time :thumbup:

Heard he has/had an attitude problem but didnt MA refer to him the other week as "an absolute beast"?

but without them returning to training yet, i'm not quite sure how he has shown himself to be such "a beast". he must have seen a video or two...no not that sort! :ermm::unsure:

Whatever happened to minced bread - I used to love that on toast.

And does anyone remember the bread you got in bags where you added your own salt?

Everything was better in the old days and no mistake.

Whatever happened to minced bread - I used to love that on toast.

And does anyone remember the bread you got in bags where you added your own salt?

Everything was better in the old days and no mistake.

That was the Salt 'n' Shake crisped snack

just looked through a couple of sites and this post just about sums up what QPR fans think of him

"Ultimately I think we'll probably view Ricky Sappleton as 'one that got away' but JG was new to the club and wanted to instill discipline immediately and Ricky was a casualty of this tougher regime.

Ricky has bags of potential. He was a huge kid and benefitted greatly from his physical strength advantage in youth football, making and scoring plenty of goals. The major criticism was that he could be wasteful in front of goal, preferring to try and lash the ball home when sometimes placing a shot would have been the better option - something that could have been worked on I suppose. At the start of last season he returned to the youth team having 'bulked up' considerably over the summer and this lack of self-discipline with his diet seemed to signal the start of his fall from grace at Rangers which included turning up late for one youth team game (he was sent home) and missing the coach for an away reserve team fixture.

Martin Allen has a top prospect at Leicester now and with the right guidance he could go on to be a new version of Emile Heskey - on his day a vitually unplayable and unstoppable force, especially in those early days at Filbert Street."

just looked through a couple of sites and this post just about sums up what QPR fans think of him

"Ultimately I think we'll probably view Ricky Sappleton as 'one that got away' but JG was new to the club and wanted to instill discipline immediately and Ricky was a casualty of this tougher regime.

Ricky has bags of potential. He was a huge kid and benefitted greatly from his physical strength advantage in youth football, making and scoring plenty of goals. The major criticism was that he could be wasteful in front of goal, preferring to try and lash the ball home when sometimes placing a shot would have been the better option - something that could have been worked on I suppose. At the start of last season he returned to the youth team having 'bulked up' considerably over the summer and this lack of self-discipline with his diet seemed to signal the start of his fall from grace at Rangers which included turning up late for one youth team game (he was sent home) and missing the coach for an away reserve team fixture.

Martin Allen has a top prospect at Leicester now and with the right guidance he could go on to be a new version of Emile Heskey - on his day a vitually unplayable and unstoppable force, especially in those early days at Filbert Street."

Sounds promising, but abit of a loose cannon. I guess he might get a chance on the wing if hume & Cort are stopping him from getting in.

Sounds promising, but abit of a loose cannon. I guess he might get a chance on the wing if hume & Cort are stopping him from getting in.

that seemed to be the gist of many of the the other posts about him

that seemed to be the gist of many of the the other posts about him

yeah. It seems to be the general theme about him, I just hope it does not backfire on us. These types of players I feel should generally be avoided but occasionally it works out well. I hope this is one of those occasions, we don't want another Dennis Wise affair. :thumbup:

Not sure whether he'll be given the chance in the first team this year, or if he'll play in the reserves and gain some senior (albeit low-quality) playing experience. I think that Allen will give him a chance in the first eleven, but I'd like to see it done with the academy boys we've got on contract now aswell, because they deserve a chance as much as any.

On the whole though, he seems like a good prospect.

Not sure whether he'll be given the chance in the first team this year, or if he'll play in the reserves and gain some senior (albeit low-quality) playing experience. I think that Allen will give him a chance in the first eleven, but I'd like to see it done with the academy boys we've got on contract now aswell, because they deserve a chance as much as any.

On the whole though, he seems like a good prospect.

He'd be better of being loaned out to a League 1 club in my opinion. Reserve football is poor!

He'd be better of being loaned out to a League 1 club in my opinion. Reserve football is poor!

I do agree that having a player loaned out can give them valuable experience. However, it can affect the players relationship with teammates, if Sappleton is played in the reserves, he can form a bond with other lads in the second string.

In my opinion, either would be a good descision, but both have postive and negative elements. The most important thing is that he gets playing experience.

I do agree that having a player loaned out can give them valuable experience. However, it can affect the players relationship with teammates, if Sappleton is played in the reserves, he can form a bond with other lads in the second string.

In my opinion, either would be a good descision, but both have postive and negative elements. The most important thing is that he gets playing experience.

true ; either way lets hope he has grown up a bit mentally and takes on board that he has a natural talent , and does not waste it as so many have done

I think the standard of the reserves will be decent this year, a lot more teams using it now so there is likely to be more competition.

But if we do get the chance to loan him out then I don't see why it wouldn't be a bad idea, if we've got enough strikers for back up.

Archived