Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thracian's Scoring System

Being new to this forum (well I have been reading for a while but only just started posting) I thought I'd stir it up with some thoughts about Thracian's little swingometer (oo er missus)

Personally, I think it's a great idea and over time would give us a decent indication of how things are going down the city. It might not make much sense yet but after year one when we have a final score we'll know whether the season's been a success or not and that figure will become a control number with which we can compare other seasons/managers. :thumbup:

I read Thracian's idea about 3 points for a win etc and thought this could be developed into something everyone contributes to maybe with Thracian making the final judgement on the score to be given as it's his baby. My own thought is that 3 points for a win is too much and the score should also include style and tactics.

Or am I taking it all a bit too seriously?? :dunno:

Being new to this forum (well I have been reading for a while but only just started posting) I thought I'd stir it up with some thoughts about Thracian's little swingometer (oo er missus)

Personally, I think it's a great idea and over time would give us a decent indication of how things are going down the city. It might not make much sense yet but after year one when we have a final score we'll know whether the season's been a success or not and that figure will become a control number with which we can compare other seasons/managers. :thumbup:

I read Thracian's idea about 3 points for a win etc and thought this could be developed into something everyone contributes to maybe with Thracian making the final judgement on the score to be given as it's his baby. My own thought is that 3 points for a win is too much and the score should also include style and tactics.

You are. A bit :P

Thracian said he would add (or deduct?) for the style of play and overall performance etc.

Certainly my own assessments are changeable based on the opinion of others. There is no reason whatever why interested people shouldn't keep their own tally and I had thought about doing weekly/monthly tables to try to reflect MA's relative levels of success or otherwise.

My whole intention initially was to try and judge the manager fairly and in a manner whereby he, the club or the fans could see what was approved of and what was not so popular.

I have deliberately not made any hard and fast rules preferring to be guided by what I think is fair. Where I am not fair I am sure and would welcome people pointing it out with reasons why.

In time, assuming the momentum continues, any manager can be assessed not only in respect of his own performance but that of previous managers at the same stage.

I am aware that some people think I'm as eccentric as our manager, are irritated by the whole idea and want nothing to do with it. But for those who are not I welcome any constructive thoughts. If nothing worthwhile comes of the idea it can easily be abandoned but, so far, I do think it can play a worthwhile role.

If the mods would be happy to make it a sticky I could make it a permanent feature (in month by month sections) so everyone could see reasons for the awarding of points and comment on them if they wish in the open forum.

Great, one flaw though... Thracian himself. Lose the first game and he will give -1000 points. Then he will start his campaign of long posts to convince those on here who's opinions are easily swayed that Allen is rubbish and he should be sacked. You also have the -50 points every time King, Gradel and porter aren't picked.

Great, one flaw though... Thracian himself. Lose the first game and he will give -1000 points. Then he will start his campaign of long posts to convince those on here who's opinions are easily swayed that Allen is rubbish and he should be sacked. You also have the -50 points every time King, Gradel and porter aren't picked.

That's okay, I've planned for that also :thumbup: - a breakaway system to rival Thracian's own if his decision's start becoming a bit contraversial. If we can get the most familiar names on the forum (like your own) to back it we'll have a G12 type situation and we could bully Thracian into selling his soul to take part. :dunno:

It's ridiculous.

What's new then, so are most of the posts on here, so why highlight this harmless series of postings?

What's new then, so are most of the posts on here, so why highlight this harmless series of postings?

Because there's a thread for us to discuss our opinions of it.

When there's a thread about the general standard of posts on here, or about my posting habits, for instance, then I'll say the same.

Comma overload.

Because there's a thread for us to discuss our opinions of it.

When there's a thread about the general standard of posts on here, or about my posting habits, for instance, then I'll say the same.

Comma overload.

Fair, point, :rolleyes:

Archived