Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

The BIG Club debate

Every fan can somehow look through rose-tinted glasses and give there version on why there club is so good. Im sure someone in Colchester has convinced themselves that despite being a shite side in Essex that they had a great home record last season and two 20+ goal scorers which somehow makes them better than Man Utd.

I still have a tormented view on the club I support as I struggle to come to grips with why I swapped allegiances frm Liverpool to Leicester from childhood. I could hav ebeen celebrating the signings of Torres and Babel but instead get Cort and Hellings lol.

And Crystal Palace fans claim to be a massive club. Tossers.

Crystal Palace is the most pointless football club in the UK. It is located in the boil on the arse of London known as Croydon and surrounded by shelters for the destitute and former jailhouse boys.

The only thing massive about them is Simon Jordan's quiff.

Crystal Palace is the most pointless football club in the UK. It is located in the boil on the arse of London known as Croydon and surrounded by shelters for the destitute and former jailhouse boys.

The only thing massive about them is Simon Jordan's quiff.

lol

aint it appropriate that taylors the manager then :whistle:

Palace is a pointless club. Stoke are breathing down their neck though.

'Delilah' is a reddeming feature though as is the easy access to their ground.

'Glad all over' and Selhurst Park are lol :laugh: lol

I believe there is a better way of measuring how "big" a club is and that is the final standings in the league table every season.

Sure you could argue that Forest and Leeds have got an excellent history but their present is sitting in the third division. Blackburn Rovers wouldnt be so high up the table if they hadnt had a good run in the FA cup in 1884, sure they are doing OK now but the table would look different if we werent looking at their record from 120 years ago!!!!

Try my 'my club's bigger than your club' equation:

(GC/1000)+(AA/1000)+(100-AP)+CP = Club size

GC = Ground capacity

AA = Average attendance of previous season

AP = Average league position over 5 yrs

CP = Cup points = Champions league 100 pts

FA cup 50 pts

League cup 25 pts

JPT 5 pts

THE BIGGER THE POINTS THE BIGGER YOUR CLUB.

As 'historical' rankings go, I would think that's not far off the mark.

We have not acheived that much in our history compared to those above us and there are some decent clubs below us.

If we win the league this season..IF..we go into the 'elite' part as I understand it.

Or the FA Cup.

That'd be nice for a change..

The poll is about historical achievement so why the need to bring big into this?

quite correct ,well spotted ; this is a league table of achievement only ;

and if we get couple of seasons in the prem soon and another league cup we would get into the top tier :thumbup:

edit; sorry KF i've just seen your post

If Wembely appreneces counted we'd be up their with Arsenal and Chelsea. Unfortunatley not and i personally feel where prob about the 25 biggest club in the country. There's is a massive fan base in the county that remains untapped and the club need to get into schools and homes to promote the Leicester City name. Giving tickets away for games no one want's to go to doesn't fill perspective fans with much enthusiam

i'd like to see a similar table drawn up with just the statistics from say post WW2 or perhaps 1950 which seems to more reflect the stature of clubs today ..............just a thought ;)

Largely because we're consistently average. We don't score many points on the ol' chart because comparatively to some teams, we really haven't won much. What we have had, which I think is fairly dignified, is a consistent time spent in fairly top level football. I'll take that.

Why does it matter whether your deemed to be a big club or not?

It's a totally pointless topic and akin to worrying about the size of your todger!

If you have a superiority complex then fine but big club or not I don't give a toss I won't be supporting anyone else :cool:

If you want to listen to the most boring conversation ever, introduce this topic to two or more Newcastle United season ticket holders and literally try to keep the lids of your eyes from falling....

not if there is a couple of leeds fans present , a fight is a certainty :thumbup: bare bellied too

Archived