Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Who to bring off the list...?

Who should return?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. One and one only...

• De Vries
    • Hughes
    • Douglas
    • Hammond
    • Maybury
    • Kenton

De Vries. Can definitely do a job when fit. Maybes is surplus at right back and pish at left back. Could argue for keeping Kenton as cover for CB as he can do a job there- but unlikely to feature much unless there are injuries.

correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't DeVries scored like 2 goals in 18 odd months? i don't care if he's lost weight, if Jonny Vegas turned up at pre-season weighing in at 10 stone i'd still not play him. And yes that is a fair comparison!

Here it says that MA might bring sombody of the list so who would you bring back into the senior squad?

I would bring back Maybury. He might have not bothered last year but he's a decent player who might do well in a good squad. :thumbup:

I agree.... Maybury can do more positions than the others really, midfield and defence, only a cover player though.

Afraid he didn't look too hot today, Mablo.

:dunno: I don't expect him or anyone to look fantastic during their first game back in pre season.

These freindlies are little more than kick abouts, if we were sent down to either Quorn or Oadby on FA Cup duty, our first team playing, whith goal bonuses etc to play for in a game the players actually wanted to win it would be a cricket score by my money.

After 96 votes I find the statistics of this poll frightening.

Witnessing the options available to us over the weekend, and considering those missing, why anyone would wish to keep Maybury, Hughes and Kenton is inexplicable to me.

And while Hammond's goal enabled him to double his support to 5% I still cannot see why our second most consistent scorer and one or our few players with the combined assets of pace and strength should be so maligned.

How ironic it is. Fantasy Fryatt was forwarded as a MoM contender but, while having his moments, still failed to do what he's there for which is scoring. Don't mistake me, anyone could have failed to score at Oadby and he does look sharper. But what did he actually do to convince anyone that his troubles are behind him? Very little.

Hammond on the other hand did score yet again and went in where he should never have gone in a friendly to create a gilt-edged opportunity for Cort which he whacked against a post. Quorn's defenders were never able to contain him and he f3eatured in many of our better moves. Yes he made mistakes, that doesn't matter, and everyone made mistakes. It's what he did that counted.

The MDV vote is not suprising and for the same reason as Hammond. Outcome. He has trimmed down, he is much fitter and he managed an assist which is typical because he does make things happen by either scoring or creating something even if, exactly like Hammond, he'll never be a pretty player.

Maybury didn't look at all impressive even against Senior League opposition, laughingly hoofing several clearances into the air towards no-one in particular - and looking vulnerable on the ground.

Hughes worked hard enough but, as usual, failed to make anything of significance happen. He's just like a midfield version of Low and Sylla. He doesn't score many and he doesn't create many. We can't accommodate that type of player.

People say Porter had an ordinary game but he did start the move which led to the winning goal and those are the sort of people we need right through the side. People who make things happen even on indifferent days.

Kenton, again, hardly stood out at centre-back. N'Gotty, by contrast, gave a master-class of impressing in the simplest way. No Quorn player would have doubted his pedigree. He read everything, won everything and, with the minimum of fuss, retained possession. Kenton didn't stand out at all.

Indeed Oadby, with sharper, more confident strikers, could have had two or three goals early on because of our defensive slackness.

Archived