Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Oadby Town Report

Guys,

Anyone watch the game??

My brother played in the game, he has given me his impression on the game, but it would be interesting to hear others!!

He was impressed with Fryatt and Hume, Hellings was disapointing, as was Kenton, Hughes and Maybury. Porter was Ok. Max Gradel looked quality (he thinks it's him, wears yellow boots), he also said a few of the academy were impressive but doesn't know there names!!!

Guys,

Anyone watch the game??

My brother played in the game, he has given me his impression on the game, but it would be interesting to hear others!!

He was impressed with Fryatt and Hume, Hellings was disapointing, as was Kenton, Hughes and Maybury. Porter was Ok. Max Gradel looked quality (he thinks it's him, wears yellow boots), he also said a few of the academy were impressive but doesn't know there names!!!

Watching your brother made me wonder why any striker would want to play for Oadby. Playing on that pitch week by week would be so frustrating. It must cost him 10 goals a season. If they made £50,000 from the match could that go towards ploughing the pitch up and relaying it - flat!

Unless they work on the theory that they're used to it and there's no chance of a visiting team having any chance of mastering its mysteries. :D

Yep I went.

Hughes was awful, Maybury looked like he couldn't give a toss, Kenton wasn't too bad, he seemed to be barking out orders to a few of the younger lads unlike Maybury. Fryatt had some good touches but I thought he looked off the pace a little. Hume had a good game and tried hard as always. Hellings didn't really do anything of note.

Of the younger lads, I was really impressed with Gradel and Hayes. McKay didn't look too bad when he came on. Porter was OK, didn't really get into the game though. The pitch was crap though yeah - really could do with being re-laid.

Another 'junior' player who did well in addition to Gradal (he impressed me too) was Cox (right back)

Lee Cox has only recently emerged as an Academy U18's player of note. He made only six appearances in the League last season plus six more as substitute and was one of our top performers in the U18 play-off final at Sunderland, playing partly in midfield and later stiffling Sunderland's considerable threat down the left-wing.

It may be my imagination but he already looks bigger and stronger than last season and there's no question he can play a bit.

Cox and Hayes (yellow boots) were the only ones who deserve praise. I certainly didn't see why Gradel deserved praise, pretty average alow with Levi, Hume and Fryatt.

I apologise, it was Hayes who my brother had given extra praise not Gradel, he said the kid has alot potential and would be surprised if he didn't make it pro!!!

Watching your brother made me wonder why any striker would want to play for Oadby. Playing on that pitch week by week would be so frustrating. It must cost him 10 goals a season. If they made £50,000 from the match could that go towards ploughing the pitch up and relaying it - flat! Unless they work on the theory that they're used to it and there's no chance of a visiting team having any chance of mastering its mysteries. :D
I don't really want to delv any further but he would agree with you but he has finally established himself at that level after only playing for half a season as a striker even though he is a midfielder!!!
So would I, what with him having a pro (3-year!!) contract already and all. :D
:blink::D

I went to the game on saturday (Oadby town) and i was impressed by the number 22, in the second half, he was a black lad at center half and he really looks the piece, although that Max Gradel was really usefull, i also thought that the second half team played alot better as a team than the first half team if you know what i mean

i also thought that the second half team played alot better as a team than the first half team if you know what i mean

Nope - you lost me after the second right and straight over the roundabout.

I went to the game on saturday (Oadby town) and i was impressed by the number 22, in the second half, he was a black lad at center half and he really looks the piece, although that Max Gradel was really usefull, i also thought that the second half team played alot better as a team than the first half team if you know what i mean

That was Lathaniel Rowe-Turner. :thumbup:

I went to the game with Babylon, thought they were all pretty dire but you could tell they were just having a run out.

Impressed with Hayes and I thought Fryatt looked ok.

I'd just like to add the last time I played on Oadby Town's pitch I scored. True class overcomes poor pitches.

:D

Archived