Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Milans spending so far - Anyone surprised?

So far MM has sanctioned the £750k deal for Clemence which could rise to £1m and the £1.6m deal for DJ that could rise to £2.1m. He has also spent a few thousand here and there on players like Nielsen and not many are sure if Kaebi cost us anything and there may still be more money spent this season. Added to that would be tasty signing-on fees and decent wages being paid on players like Chambers, Kishishev and N`Gotty which was the bit I did expect from season one under his guidance.

Im surprised that he has actually spent so much. As mentioned, I expected the bosmans but didn't expect to bring in at least two players on 7 figure transfer fees. I am pleasantly surprised I might add lol. I know he has offset the deals with the £650k we got for Paddy Mac but I still have a feeling that we may end up cashing in on Fryatt or Kisnorbo (dont ask me why lol) to help balance the books.

With this amount of backing and investment for MA, does anyone else think like me that MM will have a minimum requirement of the play-offs for this season? I know we are meant to have a 3 year plan but something tells me that we are throwing alot into MA`s first season and Milan may well demand instant success.

I think considering the price of players has shot up this year, then it is about right. I'm glad we are spending this much and think we are giving ourselves a great shot at top six finish! I just hope it all comes togther and the players brought in really shine! Hopefully we are not finished yet, as I feel we still need a quality Left winger and perhaps a left back and creative midfielder! Maybe i'm just being spoilt but Allen did say there were 4 players possibly still to come....

Like I mentioned in another thread, MM has stuck to his word about spending in the region of £4m:

Clem £750k/£1m + DJ £1.6m/£2.1m + Neilsen free/£230k + Kaebi undisc.

= Max Spend (£3.3m + undisc.)

= Min Spend (£2.35m + undisc.)

With the probablility of one more signing to add to the totals.

Like I mentioned in another thread, MM has stuck to his word about spending in the region of £4m:

Clem £750k/£1m + DJ £1.6m/£2.1m + Neilsen free/£230k + Kaebi undisc.

= Max Spend (£3.3m + undisc.)

= Min Spend (£2.35m + undisc.)

With the probablility of one more signing to add to the totals.

NO!!!!

We have spent (that we know of) 230k Neilsen + 750k Clem + 800k DJ - 650k Paddy = £1.13m

IF we sell fatty fryup we will be around the £0 outlay mark. (not including wages and signing on fees)

NO!!!!

We have spent (that we know of) 230k Neilsen + 750k Clem + 800k DJ - 650k Paddy = £1.13m

IF we sell fatty fryup we will be around the £0 outlay mark. (not including wages and signing on fees)

Bloody hell, never thought of it like that. Not bad business if that's true!! Does that mean MM still has 4million to spend this year :whistle:

I am a good man, I love my family.

I don't remember what it is I have done SO wrong to deserve this?

So, Kelly's contract...

The guy who posted on here translating the articles said his buy out clause was 230k.

Not really surprised....I hope I am wrong but the signings so far are average, it will be the likes of Chambers, Hayes and Kaebi who will turn out to be postives IMO....I dont think Hellings, Sappleton or Cort will feature much for a variety of reasons...and I dont see Kishishev, N'Gotty or Newton making a noticeable difference.

I expect 2-3 players to be leaving the club in the next week or so, wouldnt be too shocked if Fryatt moved on although I still think he could do a job in this league - the money from any sales plus the 650k Charlton gifted us for McCarthy will go some way to offsetting the fees for Clemence and DJ....

I do not see MM breaking the wages bank for Fowler, yeah he could probably add 2-3k onto a home gate every week but he's always carried a bit of weight, at 32 he's lost what bit of pace he had and never had much football last year...in all honesty I dont think he's done a lot for 3-4 years now.

I think the early pressure on MA would only come about if he did sign fowler, you have him on 25k a week, humey on a lot less and he's sitting on the bench perhaps watching Fowler fire blanks....dressing room wouldnt be happy, fans wouldnt be happy....its a tough one....would Fowler improve the team?

Not really surprised....I hope I am wrong but the signings so far are average, it will be the likes of Chambers, Hayes and Kaebi who will turn out to be postives IMO....I dont think Hellings, Sappleton or Cort will feature much for a variety of reasons...and I dont see Kishishev, N'Gotty or Newton making a noticeable difference.

I expect 2-3 players to be leaving the club in the next week or so, wouldnt be too shocked if Fryatt moved on although I still think he could do a job in this league - the money from any sales plus the 650k Charlton gifted us for McCarthy will go some way to offsetting the fees for Clemence and DJ....

I do not see MM breaking the wages bank for Fowler, yeah he could probably add 2-3k onto a home gate every week but he's always carried a bit of weight, at 32 he's lost what bit of pace he had and never had much football last year...in all honesty I dont think he's done a lot for 3-4 years now.

I think the early pressure on MA would only come about if he did sign fowler, you have him on 25k a week, humey on a lot less and he's sitting on the bench perhaps watching Fowler fire blanks....dressing room wouldnt be happy, fans wouldnt be happy....its a tough one....would Fowler improve the team?

Lots of IFS there and I agree, Fowler could turn out to be a massive flop here! Is he worth the risk. Has he got enough drive and ambition left to train hard and work his socks off week in week out. I' really not sure. :dunno:

I wonder how much we have spent on signing-on fees. Does anyone reckon we have broken the million pound barrier on that? We must have done to persuade some decent Bosmans over to us who had other options, many from the premiership allegedly lol

The one we didn't have to buy him out of because a year had elapsed?

What I want to know is why so little has been spent when we have 25 million to throw around. :angry:

I'm not sure if this is an amazing wind up or not.

I am a good man, I love my family.

I don't remember what it is I have done SO wrong to deserve this?

So, Kelly's contract...

According to the same source that published Nielsen was joining us, the release clause that was triggered is believed to be around the 2,5 mil. DKr. (£230k) mark.

source

I believe it. :mellow:

I believe it. :mellow:

So would I except for one small fact - it does not say it.

Not does anything anyone has posted before, during or since his signing...so why everyone harps on about it as fact is beyond me.

These things are facts:

Elvis Hammond sucks arse

Robbie Fowler is a lazy fat tosser

BrummieFox is the most annoying poster on FT

Fez has a third nipple located just under his right armpit

All the sentences get slightly longer than the one preceeding it

These things are not:

The Trust do a great job

We signed Jimmy for £230,000

Robbie Fowler would walk this division

Milan Manderic will drag us all down to hell (Ultra, sometime during the takeover, or words to that effect)

The one we didn't have to buy him out of because a year had elapsed?

What I want to know is why so little has been spent when we have 25 million to throw around!? :angry:

what i want to know is why hasnt MM personally got his dungarees out and started laying bricks on top of the A+L stand and KOP so we can be a 50,000 seater by december.

also where are all the free fecking tickets?!!!?!?!?!?!

Bloody hell, never thought of it like that. Not bad business if that's true!! Does that mean MM still has 4million to spend this year :whistle:

It does, I think, indicate the value of a financially astute boss. MM seems to be an expert on making money work and, alongside that, he's a clever people trader.

When you think of what he paid for the club and his net outlay on transfers, especially should Fryatt be sold, the evidence is dramatic.

Especially if you now consider the growing asset value which is already considerable and gathering pace fast.

Of course Martin Allen is under pressure but MM's a hands-on investor and he will see from the closest quarters that MA is a footballing workaholic who only asks his players for the 100% he's prepared to give himself.

MA will make mistakes and MM might well get frustrated at times but he'll also know that it wouldn't be easy to find any manager more single-mindedly committed than the one he's got.

Hopefully mutual respect will prevent a potentially disastrous clash of ego's between these two obviously proud men in the way that Clough/Taylor imploded and both men will, when the time comes, count 10 and swallow their pride for the greater good.

If they can and if they do, it is just possible that Leicester City can aspire to heights rarely even imagined in the past.

Should MA be as successful as I believe, he will become a permanent target for bigger and supposedly better clubs...but clubs where it has all been done before.

Question is can MA/MM survive together, even develop such a strong bond, that they can, like Fergie at Manchester United, remain long enough to be written into our history books as the greatest achievers Leicester City have ever had.

Dreams cannot come true if you never have them.

Archived