Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wooly

Squad for Scotland

Must have blinked and missed that one, did nothing from my view... and Allens obviously.

I suppose Gradel's out too because Allen's pissed off with him! :whistle:

I won't cover old ground about Porter's play at Oadby and Hinckley although, in any case, I wouldn't judge anyone by their efforts on a pitch like that - I'd have just sent a letter saying we wouldn't play there again until they put it right!.

I'm quite sure Allen will explain his absence on the One Team One Dream night if anyone asks.

But if Porter's been left out on football grounds I'll be amazed because he looked right on song in training too.

Far more likely that Allen wants to work some more on integrating the newcomers or it's some sort of disciplinary decision.

Cos from what I've seen so far Porter would more than justify his place in that squad.

Hammond may well have a slight knock cos he appeared to get his ankle caught in feeding that chance to Cort at Quorn.

Porter, I've no idea but having played well so far and featured in some excellent play at both Oadby and Hinckley I am sure there's no sinister reason, whatever TPH might hope..

We picked up no major injuries at the weekend apart from minor knocks

Martin Allen. ^

Hammond may well have a slight knock cos he appeared to get his ankle caught in feeding that chance to Cort at Quorn.

Porter, I've no idea but having played well so far and featured in some excellent play at both Oadby and Hinckley I am sure there's no sinister reason, whatever TPH might hope..

:laugh:

The sad thing is the minute I was told the squad I knew you'd jump on the defensive lol

Hammond, bye bye.

As for little Levi ( :worship: ) no real suprise is it, even if he was on fire in that small sided training game. Only Josh Low put in a worse performance than him last season.

He'll soon be playing the likes of Oadby and Hinckley every week....

And I don't hope anything other than that you might get a dose of realism about some of your own 'chosen men' !

Times change...

Elvis Hammond has sighted the Leicester City fans as a major driving force behind his permanent move to the club.

Hammond has quickly forged a relationship with the Foxes faithful after arriving from Fulham on loan at the start of the season.

His lightning pace and unpredictable trickery have already made him a firm favourite with supporters.

Old FoxesTalk thread.

:whistle::D

:laugh:

The sad thing is the minute I was told the squad I knew you'd jump on the defensive lol

Hammond, bye bye.

As for little Levi ( :worship: ) no real suprise is it, even if he was on fire in that small sided training game. Only Josh Low put in a worse performance than him last season.

If you believe that you'll believe Colin Montgomery won the Open golf. :D

Times change...

Old FoxesTalk thread.

:whistle::D

Lightning pace and trickery.... yeah he tricks players into thinking he has the ball but he's just running around like a headless chicken. As for fans favourite... I only liked him because his name's Elvis, certainly not for footballing reasons! Remembering the Leicester vs Spurs game when those guys dressed up as Elvis (the real one)..legends!

Odhiambo - Talent that boy has. :thumbup:

You wouldn't have thought that after the fans reaction to his debut against Villa. :whistle:

But yes, he has got talent. But no more that Billy McKay, Max Gradel or Andy King and they're not mentioned in the squad.

I did say any youngster hoping for a break would have to take his chance quickly.

Odhiambo scored a penalty at Quorn and had an eyecatching cameo against Notts County.

McKay had his cracking volley saved instead of potentially ripping the net to pieces. And his second half stint on a shit pitch was all he got.

Some get the breaks others don't. That's football.

But I remember the Academy final when McKay and Gradel were by far our best forwards and we were like a car with a flat battery when they went off.

You wouldn't have thought that after the fans reaction to his debut against Villa. :whistle:

But yes, he has got talent. But no more that Billy McKay, Max Gradel or Andy King and they're not mentioned in the squad.

Obviously an opinion not shared by our manager :thumbup:

I'm one of those you're refering to about Odihambo. You cannot pretend the kid looked lost against Villa on his debut. No-one was on his back about it, but congratulated him on his debut, hoping the experience was good for him. Everyone recognises that he must have a bit of talent to be brought on against Villa, but let's not pretend he came on and was anything more than way out of his depth at the time.

Of course, slate wiped clean, if Allen backs him, I'll support him, be the first to cheer him on if he gets 12-15 goals next season, blah blah blah.

Probably because he wasn't that impressive against them.

He probably does have a lot of talent he's just not ready to step up yet, or he wasn't last season anyway.

Probably because he wasn't that impressive against them.

He probably does have a lot of talent he's just not ready to step up yet, or he wasn't last season anyway.

He wasn't that impressive because no-one had the energy left to support him. What he didn't know was that, outside the youth team, that wasn't just cos they were all knackered, that was the norm.

I'm definitely surprised at this squad. Why we are bothering taking all of our first team keepers I don't understand :dunno:

And I do think it's strange that Levi has been left out. I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be on here. He's surely worth a squad place?

He wasn't that impressive because no-one had the energy left to support him. What he didn't know was that, outside the youth team, that wasn't just cos they were all knackered, that was the norm.

lol Yeah cos the youth team often had to play 120 minutes against Premiership teams.

lol Yeah cos the youth team often had to play 120 minutes against Premiership teams.

The youth team would have won in 90 minutes. Nay. 45. They wouldn't even have needed the second half.

Impact. Chosen men. Well you'd know all about that wouldn't you :whistle: etc.

I thought our team made a terrific effort that day - and wondered why we didn't do it generally. But our side, already drained to the dregs by injury, was totally and utterly exhausted by the end and for people to judge substitue Odhiambo in those circumstances was totally unreasonable. Like I say Fryatt "deserves a season", Odhiambo got a few minutes and was instantly judged.

Anyway, he was a good player last season and, thankfully, other people will think him a good player now MA's picked him for the tour.

There are other good players not so lucky.

I thought our team made a terrific effort that day - and wondered why we didn't do it generally. But our side, already drained to the dregs by injury, was totally and utterly exhausted by the end and for people to judge substitue Odhiambo in those circumstances was totally unreasonable. Like I say Fryatt "deserves a season", Odhiambo got a few minutes and was instantly judged.

Anyway, he was a good player last season and, thankfully, other people will think him a good player now MA's picked him for the tour.

You've completely changed the thrust of the argument.

Fez was mocking you for the comment about Odhiambo being used to playing with the energetic youth team and not a first team who were tired following a fantastic effort.

Not sure why I'm bothering with this.

You have to remember not every Leicester fan sees things like you.

A lot of people would never have heard of him before, seen him against Villa and thought he wasn't ready. I don't think you can blame them for judging him on that performance because he looked totally out of his depth. They had nothing else to go on. It's not that they didn't think he was a good player, he just didn't look ready. Given that he's never even played reserve-team football, I'd say they were right. And even you don't think he should be one of our main three strikers this season, let alone last season. He's got plenty of time and if he gets some game time this season, we'll see whether he's up to it.

Archived